Ray Samuels Audio -> "The Tomahawk"
Nov 4, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #257 of 310
Oh no.. i put my name down
eek.gif

Romanee, please post your opinions on it vs 'M' hornet after listening to it at the meet and if you can , compare it to xin's supermini/micro/macro

Any possibility that it'll drive my DT990 too?
I thought i was happy with my supermini, but all this waiting's gotta stop
frown.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #258 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri

The Tomahawk will not drive the DT990 for very long or too loud before it will distort. As Ray has emblazoned on the side of this amp "IEM". That being said, I did hear it at the So Cal meet with some full size headphones and it sounded excellent.

If you need an amp to do it all, then the Hornet is the way to go. But if you want a small portable to travel with, this is the amp.

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #259 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmh1
Romanee, please don't tell me you've forsaken the ESB! And for Red Bull no less.

It's a temporary joke, designed for the Headphone Stand Giveaway contest. Gotta be "Ghetto". Somehow the ESB pic didn't seem to work.

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #260 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Oh no.. i put my name down
eek.gif

Romanee, please post your opinions on it vs 'M' hornet after listening to it at the meet and if you can , compare it to xin's supermini/micro/macro

I thought i was happy with my supermini, but all this waiting's gotta stop
frown.gif

I will definitely post some impressions and try to put them into some sort of useful perspective. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get my hands on a recent Xin amp, and his amps never seem to show up and local meets or mini meets -- and I don't know any local member who has one that I can listen to.

Obviously I haven't heard the Tomahawk yet, but I kinda doubt it's the right choice to drive the DT990 properly. I'll have my DT880-250/2005 with me, which is very demanding and will certainly tell the tale.

If there are any current Xin amps at tomorrow's -- ooops, today's meet, I will certainly hear them and include them.

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #262 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger
Ok Romanee, I finally gotta ask;

What's with the Ru?

HA! Ask Jahn. He gives better answer than I do.

Well, my wife's Japanese -- but that actually has absolutely nothing to do with it. Really.

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #263 of 310
Hey, my wife's Japanese too (that's how I knew it was a Ru).

I only recently joined Head.fi, as you can see, so I can't wait until we go back to Japan in February. I read about a couple of great places in Akihabara for "our kind".
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #264 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger
Hey, my wife's Japanese too (that's how I knew it was a Ru).

I only recently joined Head.fi, as you can see, so I can't wait until we go back to Japan in February. I read about a couple of great places in Akihabara for "our kind".
biggrin.gif

Last visit about 3 years ago I zipped thru Akihabara very fast so as to avoid any serious temptation. Had too many family obligations/visits anyway, and too little capital to allow myself to luxuriate in "toyland".

Wife grew up in Tokyo and has tons of family, friends, and most of her schoolmates in and near Tokyo -- except for few who moved to the U.S.

Ooops -- we're off topic. Must at least say "TOMAHAWK". Will hear it in roughly 12+ hours! Ahhh.

Nov 4, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #265 of 310
Well, back on topic:

I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on the Tomy later today Romanee. Have fun at your meet.

A bunch of us are getting together here in Toronto next Saturday - Hey Ray, how about dropping by to show us some amps? Ever been to Toronto? It's quite beautiful here in November. No, really, it is!

Nov 4, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #266 of 310
To understand the る, you must feel the る.

Nov 6, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #270 of 310
Any pictures of the SR71, Hornet and Tomahawk side by side? The SR71 was pretty small when compared to the impressions the pictures give u. The Hornet is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. I'm wondering how small the Tomahawk is suppose to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back