Rattling in MS1 Driver
Jun 5, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #16 of 23
my alessandro ms1i left dyaphram is rattling on some song in very low frequencies...tried both sucking (hearing thw wrinkling diaphram sound) and blowing in it...but its still there...any help?
On the white mesh on the driver there are no hair or whatsoever...

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #17 of 23
I had this issue too. went away by itself. I wonder if it has anything to do with the foam bits disintegrated from the flats and bowls.

Jun 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #18 of 23
yep, my hd414 have some foam dust sometimes...but i thought that blowing into the driver will have them move out from the diaphram...but that wasn't right...coz the rattling its still there on some really low frequencies...

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
yep, my hd414 have some foam dust sometimes...but i thought that blowing into the driver will have them move out from the diaphram...but that wasn't right...coz the rattling its still there on some really low frequencies...

i thought blowing the foam bits into the mesh, onto the drivers, is not a good idea. i had this problem with two RS1, and these RS1 have the foam bits all over when the problem started to occur. I simply clean up the RS1, trying to suck out any hair or dust. One is cured, one is not. The one which was not cured had severe amount of disintegrated foam on it. That is how I came to the theory of foam bits causing the rattling.

Side track a little. My Grado ear pads (bowls and flats) seems to disintegrate very quickly with little use. Geez, the flats are expensive from TTVJ, for the material. And I can't duplicate the results from using flats with any other kind of pads, yet. Anyone any idea? Or are we at the mercy of TTVJ?

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #20 of 23
so you say that the disintegrated foam did the rattle!But...how can you see the foam dust on the dyaphram?...i mean there is a textile white mesh and from the little i can see...there is no foam dust on it.

so...how can i remove them safely from the dyaphram? Coz i suppose they are there...and even blowing/sucking on the dyaphram, didnt do the job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back