Rate your headphones in terms of forward/laidback-ness
Nov 22, 2001 at 7:43 PM Post #46 of 53
WOW, I haven't seen so many CAPITALIZED words in posts since my OWN!!
wink.gif
Mike, I applaud you if you can overlook background hiss on recordings. I, however, cannot. That is one of many reasons that I don't *gasp* listen to LP's. I merely asked if blackness was the right word. I love it when I can listen to music and pick out each instrument without this glaring pink noise in the background on quiet passages. I agree that headphones make no sound unless they receive some sort of electrical impulse, or you use them as a percussive device, which I wouldn't recommend at least not if they are good phones'
biggrin.gif
I can see that you have a fairly good knowledge of the headphone world. I would appreciate it, though, if you could keep your sarcasm to a minimum when trying to help.....that is your purpose right? It makes it a lot easier for ppl to listen to advice when it is not given in such a condescending tone. If this wasn't your intention, GREAT I appologize for assuming
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yeah, saying that I like/liked Reagan is not inappropriate. I also meant it in a kidding manner. OK?

Happy Thanksgiving,
Brett

Nov 22, 2001 at 9:01 PM Post #47 of 53
domer: It's fine as long as you LIKE-D reagan (past tense).
biggrin.gif
j/k

and......don't bother with big mike - he is just.....well.......just call him god, and it'll make him happy (sucking up - the shortest path between failure and an a
smily_headphones1.gif
)

(in jest once again.......it's sad i feel compelled to clarify.....that's it - I'm gonna go have some pie.....all this sarcastic sarcasm is wearing me out to the point where my mind is no longer facetiously inclined - DANGIT!)

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Nov 22, 2001 at 10:14 PM Post #48 of 53
If you haven't figured it out yet domer, Mike is just da man and has tons of knowledge but posts in that style, so don't let it bother you. Why do you think we always joke around with "Where's Mike Walker when you need him" in particulary hot and debated threads?
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2001 at 1:34 AM Post #50 of 53
LOL, mike!

That's the stuff, my man........this thread keeps cracking me up......

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #52 of 53
Time to dig out this old thread with up to date cans
tongue_smile.gif

What do you consider as a laid back sound ?

For me forward sound is something like this [O - O] and laid back [ O - O ] where [] is distance you hear between music and your ears and O are ears.

Your opinions ?

Also rate the headphones you own/heard from laid-back to forward please..

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #53 of 53
Is this the record for the oldest thread ever bumped? 2001!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back