Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #3,497 of 6,937
Quote:
Anybody remember C&C Generals? Recently started that up again... too bad my comp couldn't handle the AMAZING graphics...yeah right lol. It keeps crashing. All the time. If it didn't crash I'd say it had pretty decent gameplay.

And or course, graphics were cutting edge for 2003.

Now that you mention it, i have the CD lying around. 

I had some fun hours of gameplay with it, hardest difficulty. 

You want the best? Here i am! 
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #3,498 of 6,937
Granturismo 5 XL edition. best 20$ I have spent in a long time. really fun racing game with beautiful cars and its fun customizing them. I wished you could change the body style a bit on some of the cars but its still really fun. and besides...when else am I going to get to drive a Maserati.

May 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #3,499 of 6,937
Quote:
Granturismo 5 XL edition. best 20$ I have spent in a long time. really fun racing game with beautiful cars and its fun customizing them. I wished you could change the body style a bit on some of the cars but its still really fun. and besides...when else am I going to get to drive a Maserati.

Play with photo mode yet? Looks amazing.

May 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #3,502 of 6,937
I just beat BioShock Infinite, Dishonored, and Dead Island: Riptide.

I give BioShock Infinite a 9/10. The game is beautifully detailed and the gunplay is familiar to the previous games. The story has plenty of twists and turns and in times is reminiscent of the movie Inception. Timelines change and alternate worlds get explored. A nice addition to the series.

Dishonored gets an 8.75/10. One of the funnest games I've played that involved stealth and assassin-style killing. Personally I find the stealth and combat better than the Assassin's Creed series. A good story as well and good replay value.

And Dead Island: Riptide gets a 6/10. I really wanted to like this game because I was a pretty big fan of the original. The original was the buggiest game I've ever played, but that aside, the gameplay was extremely addictive. Riptide does not offer anything new from the original, and I mean nothing... The graphics, the weapons, the voice acting, the mods....are all the same. If you're a fan of the first game, stick with that.

I'll be back with a few more brief reviews when I play a few more games :)

May 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #3,503 of 6,937
Quote:

And Dead Island: Riptide gets a 6/10. I really wanted to like this game because I was a pretty big fan of the original. The original was the buggiest game I've ever played, but that aside, the gameplay was extremely addictive. Riptide does not offer anything new from the original, and I mean nothing... The graphics, the weapons, the voice acting, the mods....are all the same. If you're a fan of the first game, stick with that.

I was planning to get this episode, expecting to see a lot of different things. 

What a disappointment, thanks for the info. 

May 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #3,504 of 6,937
Quote:

I was planning to get this episode, expecting to see a lot of different things. 

What a disappointment, thanks for the info. 

No problem, I was really bummed out by it.... The setting in the first game is much more attractive as well. I can't believe how much they kept the same.... besides the enormous amount of bugs. There seems to be less bugs in the 2nd game which obviously is a good thing, but that's not enough to make me want to play it again. The setting in this game is set in a jungle and you spend most of your time going from river hut to river hut with a boat that drives like crap. Hopefully they learn something from this release :frowning2:

May 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #3,505 of 6,937
I just bought an NES with the new 72 pin connector and have been playing that a lot lately. No blinking red light!
Actually I had the top loader but it had really annoying vertical lines on the screen.

First game I played was Super Mario Brothers 1. I made it to level 7-2 before dying. I got murdered by some Bullet Bills. This is of course without any warps.
Can't believe how much you have to use your reflexes in order to not die!! Most games these days are not like that. It's much more challenging than I remember.

I still remember first playing this and how bad I was at using a controller and moving my character around. Took a lot of practice when you first start playing your first video games

So now i'm addicted to Zelda II: Adventure of Link. I managed to get the hammer on the first day, which for me is an accomplishment. I have to admit though that I died a ton of times. I even forgot at first how you're supposed to kill all those knights easily. Duh.

Right now I just beat the boss with the ball and chain. Second to the last palace. I think i'm on level 24 and have everything at 8. I played the game before years ago but never was able to beat it.

This game has the perfect amount of challenge I think. It's funny hearing people cry about how hard "Dark Souls" is, but some of the older NES games are much worse (not this one!).

Zelda II: 9.5/10

BTW I'm thinking of getting either Far Cry 3 or Bioshock Infinite.

I loved Dishonored and Bioshock 2, so I can't really decide. The whole idea of  FC3 being open and with lots of exploration makes me want to buy it. I want a game I can play over and over and waste a ton of time in. I'm a huge fan of a "sandbox" game like Fallout 3.

Can't believe I haven't turned on my Xbox 360 in one month. I just moved out of my house and it's not even connected yet.

Next game i'm getting for my NES is Star Tropics. It's an old favorite.

I also need to play "Ocarina of Time". I also just found my copy of Final Fantasy 7. I always liked that but hated the series after part 9. 8 was painfully boring and 10 was even worse. Strangely enough I loved FFXI for about 6 years, but that's an MMORPG.

May 25, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #3,506 of 6,937
Quote:
I just beat BioShock Infinite, Dishonored, and Dead Island: Riptide.

I give BioShock Infinite a 9/10. The game is beautifully detailed and the gunplay is familiar to the previous games. The story has plenty of twists and turns and in times is reminiscent of the movie Inception. Timelines change and alternate worlds get explored. A nice addition to the series.

Dishonored gets an 8.75/10. One of the funnest games I've played that involved stealth and assassin-style killing. Personally I find the stealth and combat better than the Assassin's Creed series. A good story as well and good replay value.

I played through Dishonered twice and may yet go back for a third. It was really fun. My score would be a 9 out of 10.
Bioshock Infinite gets a 9.5 out of 10.
Currently replaying the original Bioshock, that one is a 9.9 out of 10.

May 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #3,507 of 6,937
Quote:
I played through Dishonered twice and may yet go back for a third. It was really fun. My score would be a 9 out of 10.
Bioshock Infinite gets a 9.5 out of 10.
Currently replaying the original Bioshock, that one is a 9.9 out of 10.

I beat Dishonored 4 times through now... it's a pretty quick game once you know where everything is, but it's always fun. Each playthrough I tried different tactics (killing everyone as opposed to killing nobody through the whole game).

It's very fun, and I think this game deserves more attention.

I really wish we got to see more of Corvo. He looks like such a bad*** and since the game is in first-person you never get to see much of him. Although if the game was in 3rd person it would not have been as good. First person was the only way to go. (IMO)

May 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #3,508 of 6,937
Probably shoot at people.

Cod I'd about shooting armed assault is more about the real experience. I don't run the alphas any longer due to self protection though lol

May 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,509 of 6,937
Beat Dishonored, 9/10 IMO. they story isn't fantastic but its not trying to be anything it isn't....I'm looking at you Bioshock Infinite. The game play is soooo fun and the emphasis on stealth game play makes it even better; being able to skulk around and find different routs to take.

May 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #3,510 of 6,937
Yeah, Dishonored was pretty good. I've been a big Thief fan since the first game and Dishonored is the only game that gave me the Thief vibe, although the powers made it a bit too easy. Anyway, there hasn't been anything new for me to play in a while and while waiting for the Last of Us and Remember Me I decided to try some android games. So I've been playing Tales of Illyria for the last few days and it's great. Like a mix between rpg, Oregon trail and the old gamebooks I read as a child. Add to that turn-based combat and decent storytelling and I've already spent 10+ hours on it and I have to give it 8/10 and that's just because it's still undergoing development and this is an early access release but with new updates every day I don't doubt it will be 10 out of 10 in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back