Rate the video games you're currently playing
Apr 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #3,451 of 6,937
Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate 
wink.gif

If you guys have played the series before you know how awesome it is. It can be frustrating at times (not quite as frustrating as the souls series I would think). 

A solid 9/10 from me 
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #3,452 of 6,937
I've been playing GT5 lately and I've also been playing it on and off since it was released so I'd have to give it a 10/10. I almost take off 1 point for the standard cars and textures on some of the old tracks but it's still the best racing game of all time.

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #3,453 of 6,937
Got bioshock today, graphics are awesome and story is good enough to keep me entertained. However, i haven't been able to play much lately 
frown.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #3,455 of 6,937
I've been playing GT5 lately and I've also been playing it on and off since it was released so I'd have to give it a 10/10. I almost take off 1 point for the standard cars and textures on some of the old tracks but it's still the best racing game of all time.

I have a hard time deciding between GT5 and forza 4 id say those two are tied for best ever. Do you use a racing wheel?

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #3,457 of 6,937
They would be quite amazing on the PC. I really liked Forza 4, amazing game. Its only con for me was the lack of anti-aliasing(which Forza 3 did have)... playing it on PC would solve this.

There aren't any similar PC racing games that interest me. They seem to take it a little too extreme on the sim side to the point where you can't even really play with a gamepad. I mean Forza had a lot of really good simulation physics going for it but it also had some assistance due to the fact that driving a car with a controller IRL would be a horrible idea.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #3,459 of 6,937
Agreed although i love busting out the racing wheel and my xbox the PC coud do really well with racing games the new F1 series and Dirt games are on PC and are both very fun but not quite the same as they GT / Forza series. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #3,460 of 6,937
Quote:
Yeah I'm amazed at the lack of good racing games on PC. They could be so beautiful with modern PC graphics engines.

Whaaaaaaat!

There is a lot of PC Racing titles with better physics though but yes I agree visually they are generally quite dated of course :)

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #3,462 of 6,937
Well, honestly, I don't care if the car list is made of real cars or not. I just care about the gameplay but I haven't been impressed by a racing game for a long time - not on my pc or my ps3. I grew up with the first Colin McRae games and loved them but while I thoroughly enjoyed the first Dirt it's been all downhill since. I didn't like GT5 and somewhat enjoyed a bit Forza 4 (and that's coming from someone who prefers ps3). I kinda liked GRID, so I guess I'll be waiting for the new one this year but I have to admit that honestly the most fun I've had in the last few years with a racing game ironically has been playing Split Second against friends, which is a purely arcade racer.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3,463 of 6,937
I really wish they would put Gran Turismo  and Forza on PC. The only newer racing game I have on PC is the new Need For Speed Most Wanted. Maxed out it is a beautiful game. but there are very few cars and the driving is... not very realistic lol.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3,464 of 6,937
Well, if you want realistic you can always go with something like Grid, which has been released for pc and for me graphically is on par with the best looking racing games this gen. You should have a nice wheel though as I know some people who were crying while playing it with a gamepad and I wouldn't even mention using a keyboard. F1 was also not that bad realism-wise (not that I ever drove a f1 car 
size]
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back