Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #3,316 of 6,947
Quote:
Has anyone already played Dead Space 3? After seeing the review, I am considering not buying it since the game is not as scary and surprising as the installments before.... Although it received a good score, I still have my doubts.

Hey, I am playing Dead Space 3 at the moment and hope can answer your question. Surely It's not as scary as the first Dead Space, this is the third times you encounter with the Necromorph so there's that.
- Ammo is plenty, if you upgrade enough, the Necromorph don't pose a threat anymore, thus encounter them become a chore.
- Control is fluid, which makes the game become more like an action game. The first Dead Space is scary to me because the character was clumsy and slow to control.
- Sound is amazing, with a headset you can tell precisely where the Necromorph coming from with their scream and footsteps.
- Graphic is beautiful on high setting. 
- Other characters is unlikable (whining bitch, jerk.. etc)

I think It's fun and have a lot of replay value, especially if you have a COOP buddy. Otherwise, It's not a real horror game and a sub-standard action game.

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #3,317 of 6,947
Quote:
Hey, I am playing Dead Space 3 at the moment and hope can answer your question. Surely It's not as scary as the first Dead Space, this is the third times you encounter with the Necromorph so there's that.
- Ammo is plenty, if you upgrade enough, the Necromorph don't pose a threat anymore, thus encounter them become a chore.
- Control is fluid, which makes the game become more like an action game. The first Dead Space is scary to me because the character was clumsy and slow to control.
- Sound is amazing, with a headset you can tell precisely where the Necromorph coming from with their scream and footsteps.
- Graphic is beautiful on high setting. 
- Other characters is unlikable (whining bitch, jerk.. etc)

I think It's fun and have a lot of replay value, especially if you have a COOP buddy. Otherwise, It's not a real horror game and a sub-standard action game.

Thanks for the points man!

So ammo scarcity are available only in higher difficulty I presume?
I'll give it a try I think, I enjoyed DS 2 so giving DS 3 a chance should be no problem.

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #3,318 of 6,947
Clocked Hitman Absolution recently and besides it being different to the previous of the franchise with a bit of Splinter Cell "stealth" involved it was actually pretty fun. 7.5/10

Have gone back to playing Blood Money as I have a crap load of games I buy for cheap on Steam but never get to playing, so far it's been a 7.5/10 for me got 2 more missions left I think.

Crysis 3 MP Beta - 5/10 I don't like it, hopefully there is something more Crytek will bring to the table when the game is released.

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,319 of 6,947
Quote:

Thanks for the points man!

So ammo scarcity are available only in higher difficulty I presume?
I'll give it a try I think, I enjoyed DS 2 so giving DS 3 a chance should be no problem.

I play on Normal and I stocked up like hundreds of bullets for each guns. There are classic, hardcore modes, which I presume will be much harder.

You can also craft your own weapons with your own attachments and set up, which is a nice things.

I don't have a problem with Dead Space 3, It's fun and decent.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #3,320 of 6,947
The Showdown Effect - 8.5/10.

It's sort of like a modernized, 2.5D take on The Outfoxies, in that it's all about action movie hero expies fighting it out to the death.

The netcode's a bit janky, but it's FUN! And to be fair, it's still in closed beta.

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #3,321 of 6,947
Finally got around to playing Dark Souls, and holy **** they were not kidding when they said i'd die a lot. This game is really frustrating. 

But it's really good at the same time. I haven't wasted so much life on a video game like this in a long time..

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #3,322 of 6,947
Forza Horizon- 9/10. I LOVE THIS GAME. i love it because it give you a fun feeling when just playing with friends. and you can do many things online. On otehr terms Forza 4 is still a lot better, Its really realaistic. because you can mod the cars to handle to what you would like. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #3,323 of 6,947
Maybe a little too late, but
L.A. Noire - 7/10

Personally I would give 9.5/10 for the gameplay, as it really brings the 40s back. Beside that, the game really havs flaws, and the storyline could have been much better.

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #3,324 of 6,947
Pokemon Black Version 2 - 8.5
Good, basically the same general Pokemon formula with some minor additions.

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning - 9.0
The best Harvest Moon game since the PS1.

Far Cry 3 - 8.7
Definitely one of the best first person shooters I've played in a while.

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #3,325 of 6,947
Quote:
Pokemon Black Version 2 - 8.5
Good, basically the same general Pokemon formula with some minor additions.

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning - 9.0
The best Harvest Moon game since the PS1.

Far Cry 3 - 8.7
Definitely one of the best first person shooters I've played in a while.

Oooh I've been looking at the Harvest Moon 3D game. Nice!

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #3,327 of 6,947
Weird, I give Rising 9/10. But I love hack and slash and Platinum Games's work.

I think camera speed can be changed in options? Cant check it now.

Anyways, camera is a bit hectic, but other than that.. HOLY ****! The controls are so fluid, Raiden is so much fun to use. The Blade mode never gets old, is awesome to just cut enemies in hundred pieces. The bosses are fantastic and the music helps set the mood.
Seriously, the game just keeps getting better chapter after chapter, although the last ones feels a little rushed (no wonders, Platinum Games only had 1 year and half to finish it).

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #3,328 of 6,947
Going to say, Blacklight: Retribution gets a 10/10 for me, even though it's F2P. While Planetside has the gigantic ass number of players, the gameplay in Blacklight is a lot better feeling. I come from a Counter-strike background, but I can definitely see why these types of games are entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back