Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 14, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #3,181 of 6,938
Quote:
I'll be getting Halo 4 this weekend. Actually buying a new Xbox to play it. Been getting the itch for video games lately after a year or so of next to none.

If anyone wants to play. GamerTag is the same as my username here. Big Team Objective games all day long.

Awesome, hope you like it. I've been playing it almost nonstop since it's midnight release. I'm toning it down a bit more now...
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #3,183 of 6,938
Assassin's Creed 3! Coming out today, I'll rate it once I've played it some but just want to give a shout out to one of the best series of games IMO. Other games I've been playing: Diablo 3 - 7/10 CS:GO 6/10 (Brings me back though) BlackOps II 7/10 (So Far) Heros of Newerth 8/10 (play this game to death, loved it since it was in beta).

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #3,184 of 6,938
More of a cry for people to play with than a rating, but Halo 4 (and a new 360) are sitting at home waiting for me. Who's up for some 6v6 CTF?

XBL: MorbidToaster

EDIT: To be on topic I'm reserving this for my first impressions rating. :wink:

First Impression: 9/10. Seriously solid multiplayer.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #3,185 of 6,938
Borderlands 2 (pc)  9/10
They Bleed Pixels (pc) 7/10
F.3.A.R. (ps3) 7/10
Deus Ex - Human Revolution (ps3) 8/10
Gran Turismo 5 (ps3) 9/10
Vib Ribbon - (PS1) 10/10 (12 years on, still playing, just got a new expansion pack!) 

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3,186 of 6,938
Gonna update with a much more detailed impression of the Halo 4 multiplayer here.

Multiplayer Only - 8.5/10 (I'm sure this will improve with a few updates)

After playing another 6 hours or so I've come to remember why I love this series so much. It's always just a great experience. Things change, but it all still somehow feels the same without being stale. I can tell this game is going to consume all my (little) free time for at least the next month or so.

Smoothest online experience I've had in awhile. Hardly any lag so far on either end. Well balanced matchmaking (as expected) though I think it could slightly sped up. Once you get into a game they come fairly quick, but it sometimes gets held up finding players.

I may be jaded from having top notch graphics on PC, but I'm pretty unimpressed with the visuals. Didn't bump it down any points for that though because when put in perspective (console gaming) it's gorgeous (blows BLOPS 2 out of the water).

Everyone was right about the sound design. The only problem I've had with the sounds so far is with the new BR sound. It just sounds wimpy. The new AR on the other hand...holy crap. Magnum sounds awesome, DMR sounds hefty.

Now this is one of the things I knocked off points for (and it's one thing I'm sure will improve). As far as I can tell there's only a 'big team slayer' playlist rather than 'big team battle'. You can select the different objective based playlists, but my favorite thing to do was always BTB as you got a good mix or Slayer, Snipers, CTF, KOTH, etc. The max team size has also been reduced (for better and for worse, IMO). Full point there.

The other .5 point I docked were due to the fact that the 3 forge maps aren't in the playlists at all so your matchmaking experience is only 10 maps at the moment. While I don't mind any of them in particular, it's frustrating to know that you've got 3 perfectly good maps sitting there being useless. Again, this will be fine once the new map packs hit (and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'll be getting them all).

--

This game has made me remember a few things. One of which is that once you play PC for even a few years consistently console shooters become somewhat ridiculously easy (for the most part). I placed first in my first ever game by over 10 kills. The last game I played today (sitting around level 20 at this point) I went 23 and 2.

Some people might not like this as it feels 'easy', but Halo has always kept it frantic enough that even when you're doing well you still feel like you're being hunted down. As opposed to the COD franchise where you feel like a god amongst men.

The other thing it's reminded me of is how much I missed videogames. I haven't picked up and controller or used a mouse to play a game consistently in over a year. I played a little SC II and Diablo III and that's about it. With this release though I'm back in the game. I've lost faith in the COD franchise completely, and with game I've completely regained my faith in the Halo franchise. Screw Bungie. Keep rockin' it out 343. Stomping nerds is just too much fun to cut out of my life forever.

BONUS:
Enjoy this fantastic, chill remix of one of the songs on the OST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5xJDYClnTA

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #3,187 of 6,938
Quote:
BONUS:
Enjoy this fantastic, chill remix of one of the songs on the OST.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5xJDYClnTA

Awesome tune man. 

And I finally have the money to buy some games, so I'l likely be getting AC3 and Halo this week, we'll see if I can get live. I'll probably wait till I beat AC3 though to renew my live account.

Side note:

AC:Revelations was fantastic, really enjoyed it on my PC even though I could hardly get 20 fps, so excited to be able to free-run without fluidity issues on my xbox. The story was very interesting and I invested myself into some of the characters surprisingly. 

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #3,188 of 6,938
Awesome tune man. 

And I finally have the money to buy some games, so I'l likely be getting AC3 and Halo this week, we'll see if I can get live. I'll probably wait till I beat AC3 though to renew my live account.

Side note:

AC:Revelations was fantastic, really enjoyed it on my PC even though I could hardly get 20 fps, so excited to be able to free-run without fluidity issues on my xbox. The story was very interesting and I invested myself into some of the characters surprisingly. 

Use the 14 day live code in Halo. Mine worked so I've saved 10 bucks for now.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #3,189 of 6,938
Halo 4- 9/10. As opposed to some, I really enjoy the new changes they added to the multiplayer. It really changes the pace of the whole game for the better. The game type Oddball especially is fun, since now people can pass the skull on to teammates across the map by throwing it. The only downside to the online experience is the inclusion of a secondary pistol that acts like a shotgun...it's extremely frustrating :/

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #3,191 of 6,938
Forza Horizon:  9/10 - amazing music (RAAAAAVEEEE!!!), loving the rave theme, free roam arcade + Forza-ish feel, nice cars.
Battlefield 3:  8/10 - hectic competitive online, jet dog fights, strategy wins games
Halo 4:  6/10 - amazing singleplayer, looks amazing, but the online is horrid
Gears 3:  7/10 - love the gore & feel of the game, campaign feels generic though, have to buy map packs to get full dedicated servers
Project Gotham Racing 4:  4/10 - like the cars....that's about it.  PGR3 puts it to shame.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #3,192 of 6,938
Forza Horizon:  9/10 - amazing music (RAAAAAVEEEE!!!), loving the rave theme, free roam arcade + Forza-ish feel, nice cars.
Battlefield 3:  8/10 - hectic competitive online, jet dog fights, strategy wins games
Halo 4:  6/10 - amazing singleplayer, looks amazing, but the online is horrid
Gears 3:  7/10 - love the gore & feel of the game, campaign feels generic though, have to buy map packs to get full dedicated servers
Project Gotham Racing 4:  4/10 - like the cars....that's about it.  PGR3 puts it to shame.

Why do you no like Halo 4 multi? I think it's one of the most balanced multiplayer games in ages.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3,193 of 6,938
Quote:
Halo 4- 9/10. As opposed to some, I really enjoy the new changes they added to the multiplayer. It really changes the pace of the whole game for the better. The game type Oddball especially is fun, since now people can pass the skull on to teammates across the map by throwing it. The only downside to the online experience is the inclusion of a secondary pistol that acts like a shotgun...it's extremely frustrating :/

I also don't like the fact that an enemy walking backwards is as fast as someone sprinting straight at them...

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #3,194 of 6,938
Quote:
Why do you no like Halo 4 multi? I think it's one of the most balanced multiplayer games in ages.

I have no clue how you think that game is balanced.  For one, it's nothing like the traditional Halo multiplayer people loved, but I didn't mind that so much.  It's also waaaaaaaay laggier than it was when it first came out (when I actually loved it).  Not a fan of Spartan Ops, either.  The entire thing feels rushed to me.  The matchmaking is anything but.  Instead of being matched with people around your rank, I've seen SR10's go up against an OP70.   That makes no sense whatsoever.  Can't even play "Infinity" Slayer without SOMEONE trying to camp the entire game.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #3,195 of 6,938
I've next to 0 issues with lag. I think it's the closest to 2 that anything has been since...2. 

All the guns are well balanced (except a few that are underpowered rather than OP)

Can't comment on Spartan Ops as I haven't played it but I am sad Firefight was removed. 

As for matchmaking...I've never had an issue there either. The only way I could see what you say happening is if they're in a party with lowbies.

Quote:

I have no clue how you think that game is balanced.  For one, it's nothing like the traditional Halo multiplayer people loved, but I didn't mind that so much.  It's also waaaaaaaay laggier than it was when it first came out (when I actually loved it).  Not a fan of Spartan Ops, either.  The entire thing feels rushed to me.  The matchmaking is anything but.  Instead of being matched with people around your rank, I've seen SR10's go up against an OP70.   That makes no sense whatsoever.  Can't even play "Infinity" Slayer without SOMEONE trying to camp the entire game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back