Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2,731 of 6,955
Quote:
It looks like it's got some power behind it to be able to do graphics like that with no slow down,the samsung gaming laptops have got nvidia gtx675m so it can be done!

There's no slow down as game companies can change the settings. The majority of xbox 360 and less majority but still most ps3 games play at 1280x720 and upscale to 1080p. With low to medium graphics settings. The chip used in the xbox has an accelerator..or basically the engineers reworked the chip to allow 4x AA easily or with less effort than usual. Which is why you don't see much slow down. With games like halo 3 and others, games actually are rendered in SUB HD and then are just upscaled.

Jul 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #2,732 of 6,955
Quote:
There's no slow down as game companies can change the settings. The majority of xbox 360 and less majority but still most ps3 games play at 1280x720 and upscale to 1080p. With low to medium graphics settings. The chip used in the xbox has an accelerator..or basically the engineers reworked the chip to allow 4x AA easily or with less effort than usual. Which is why you don't see much slow down. With games like halo 3 and others, games actually are rendered in SUB HD and then are just upscaled.

The xbox360 is 720p the ps3 is 1080p the amd 7970s are 4k the amd 7990s are 8k!

Jul 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #2,733 of 6,955
Quote:

Taht's what they (the consoles) output in, but the PS3 renders in 720p or less for the vast majority of games, the 360 manages to hit 720p in most releases but is still sub-HD for many.

Jul 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,734 of 6,955
Quote:

I'm not sure what the Southern islands are able to really do but the ps3 only does 1080p on a few games and the few games it renders in 1080p are with almost no aa and low graphics settings. It does 720p mainly and upscales. 

The only problem with those two are puttiing them in a console..the 360 had heat problems leading to RROD or Red dot of death so I don't think microsoft will take heat lightly this time around.

...now..poof me a ps4 as I've been waiting for almost a decade now...

Jul 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #2,735 of 6,955
Quote:
I'm not sure what the Southern islands are able to really do but the ps3 only does 1080p on a few games and the few games it renders in 1080p are with almost no aa and low graphics settings. It does 720p mainly and upscales. 

The only problem with those two are puttiing them in a console..the 360 had heat problems leading to RROD or Red dot of death so I don't think microsoft will take heat lightly this time around.

...now..poof me a ps4 as I've been waiting for almost a decade now...

The new amd 7990s are two 7970s stuck together and will be able to display 8k at 120fps! The new games are going to be out of this world and will be crystal clear on massive screens! p.s The first screens will be 4k and that's what the amd 7970 can do now!

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #2,736 of 6,955
Jul 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #2,740 of 6,955
Dungeons of Dredmor (9/10) - Great humor, addictive and challenging gameplay, and great sfx - I just so badly wished the game had hi-res assets/textures.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive [Beta] (8/10) - I like the shooting even better than CS:S and I like the weapon addition/changes and the map redesigns.  I'll definitely buy it at launch, but I'm worried the CS community will be way too segmented over 3 different games.

Natural Selection 2 [Beta (but really more like alpha)] (7/10) - This game does some of the coolest things with FPS/RTS hybrid gameplay (much like NS1), has incredible depth (strategy wise), and has definite and enjoyable differences between the different teams (Aliens vs. Marines).  Unfortunately, the game is only barely playable on my decent machine even on the absolute lowest settings.  In an FPS game where precision is key, poor performance really kills the game.  The dev team also makes major changes to gameplay and balance on mere whims which sometimes turns out okay but seems unprofessional and almost amateur.  Still seems more like a pet project or mod than it does a stand-alone game.  It's posed for a summer 2012 release but, frankly, they have no business selling this game to a mainstream audience anytime soon.

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #2,741 of 6,955
Quote:
I saw this !!! :) I was watching the videos after E3 was over and this game looks pretty good! Hopefully they do a good job on intergrating everything. If they make it feel like Deus Ex HR.......they have a winner.

Grand theft auto with those graphics will be good,imagine what's coming around the corner from sony and microsoft.. 120fps is silky smooth and 4k looks 3d anyway without glasses,the games will be like real life..it's just what the programmers minds can make up now and they will all be competing against each other to see who can make the most life like games..online is what makes a game play like reality..battlefield3 is like you are playing out with your mates..will we go over the doorstep ever again!

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #2,742 of 6,955
Quote:
Grand theft auto with those graphics will be good,imagine what's coming around the corner from sony and microsoft.. 120fps is silky smooth and 4k looks 3d anyway without glasses,the games will be like real life..it's just what the programmers minds can make up now and they will all be competing against each other to see who can make the most life like games..online is what makes a game play like reality..battlefield3 is like you are playing out with your mates..will we leave the doorstep ever again!

My poor wallet....... Stop making me dream Martin...... I need to stop thinking of the future or else.... I'll need to get higher income and drop 5K on a desktop.

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #2,743 of 6,955
I'm very interested to see what comes out of John Carmack's experimental head mounted 3d setup, from accounts I've seen it could be revolutionary.  http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/725013/hands-on-with-oculus-rift-john-carmacks-virtual-reality-goggles/

Quote:
Yea Skyrim is a pretty top notch game. Those who say other wise are just trying to be hipster and dislike it due to it's mainstream popularity.

I beg to differ.  I respect Skyrim a good deal for what they've achieved with it and the possibilities it offers.  That said, I've never personally enjoyed Bethesda's games much and Skyrim didn't change that for me, it's just not my style of game (their combat mechanics and I really don't get along for some reason).  I've read many reviews and accounts of it that made me want to play it, I just don't end up having the same experience.  Would I say it's a bad game or doesn't deserve it's popularity because of that? Absolutely not.  From everything I have seen it's a masterpiece but it and I just aren't meant for each other.

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly. I was very excited with this game at first, but its just turned into a boring giant gear-grind fest. I've been thinking of uninstalling it, but I'm waiting for the PvP update.

I will also revise my stance on Diablo 3.  I've grown bored of playing and I'm only on Act II hell.  It's not that it's hard, it's just that kiting all day is boring me to tears.  It was a nice distraction from WoW for a bit though.

Quote:
 This is the wii u,it's looks like it has got an amd 7990 graphics card and a decent ibm processor! p.s click on the you tube icon to see it in full screen it looks much better!

The Watch Dogs demo wasn't running on Wii U, if it was with graphics like that Nintendo would have featured it front and center during their presentation.  There's nothing currently other than a nicely specced gaming PC that could have ran that demo in real time and while Ubisoft says it's coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 I agree with the many gaming sites who suspect it's for next gen but they aren't allowed to say it yet.  It may well be released for the current gen but it won't look like that if it is.  (I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I have a 360, a PS3, and a decent gaming PC so I recognize the advantages and disadvantages of all 3)

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #2,744 of 6,955
Quote:

I beg to differ.  I respect Skyrim a good deal for what they've achieved with it and the possibilities it offers.  That said, I've never personally enjoyed Bethesda's games much and Skyrim didn't change that for me, it's just not my style of game (their combat mechanics and I really don't get along for some reason).  I've read many reviews and accounts of it that made me want to play it, I just don't end up having the same experience.  Would I say it's a bad game or doesn't deserve it's popularity because of that? Absolutely not.  From everything I have seen it's a masterpiece but it and I just aren't meant for each other.

I will also revise my stance on Diablo 3.  I've grown bored of playing and I'm only on Act II hell.  It's not that it's hard, it's just that kiting all day is boring me to tears.  It was a nice distraction from WoW for a bit though.

The Watch Dogs demo wasn't running on Wii U, if it was with graphics like that Nintendo would have featured it front and center during their presentation.  There's nothing currently other than a nicely specced gaming PC that could have ran that demo in real time and while Ubisoft says it's coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 I agree with the many gaming sites who suspect it's for next gen but they aren't allowed to say it yet.  It may well be released for the current gen but it won't look like that if it is.  (I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I have a 360, a PS3, and a decent gaming PC so I recognize the advantages and disadvantages of all 3)

Some demo's have been run with PC's

But yeah, that demo was on a ..what was it. ps3 I think? If I remember it correctly. And even if the Wii u got it(i don't know but it looks like it will) it won't run at those graphics settings and the resolution will be unknown. The Wii U has been reported and the demo's do give a hint that it has powers of about or slightly above the 360 or ps3 as of right now......but that's all rumours.

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #2,745 of 6,955
Quote:
Some demo's have been run with PC's

But yeah, that demo was on a ..what was it. ps3 I think? If I remember it correctly. And even if the Wii u got it(i don't know but it looks like it will) it won't run at those graphics settings and the resolution will be unknown. The Wii U has been reported and the demo's do give a hint that it has powers of about or slightly above the 360 or ps3 as of right now......but that's all rumours.

It was never officially revealed what it was running on.  That it was not shown during Sony's conference makes it more likely it wasn't on PS3 (they only show games running on the PS3 at their own conference).  Every analysis of it I've read said it basically wasn't possible that it was running on a current console with that level of detail and everything else going on.  Based on my own experience with my PS3 I'd personally agree.  I don't know for sure that it was running on a PC but I'm confident enough that if it wasn't I'd eat my shoe.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back