Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #2,327 of 6,950
Did anyone else really enjoy the BF3 campaign? I actually felt for some of the characters, best shooter campaign yet.

owait, forgot about Halo. Halo was the best game series I've ever played, Too bad Bungie is done with it.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #2,328 of 6,950

Quote:
Did anyone else really enjoy the BF3 campaign? I actually felt for some of the characters, best shooter campaign yet.

owait, forgot about Halo. Halo was the best game series I've ever played, Too bad Bungie is done with it.

Bungie is making some other shooter game right now with Activison I think. 
popcorn.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #2,329 of 6,950
Fruit Ninja Kinect 7/10, not bad, surprising fun. The control is a bit laggy.

Halo Combat Evolved 10th Anniversary 8.5/10, The new Kinect voice controls are a bit weird. Its a bit annoying having to say analyze scan scan scan all the time. The changes to the game compared to the original is mostly in the details around the map with added terminals that when accessed, plays videos about the history of Halo. There is also other texts added into the displays on the Pillar of Autumn that says some funny things (and one of them is about another Spartan from the Novels).

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2,333 of 6,950
Been a while, thread.

Dear Esther: ??/10

Defies traditional ratings. If I could complement it on something though, I would say it's a visual treat. It's hard to believe it uses the Source Engine (I think it does, anyway).

This game is one where you turn off the lights, put on your favorite pair of headphones, and wander around the environment.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #2,335 of 6,950
Stalker: Call of Pripyat...

Technical score 3/10. The gun play make the Fallout 3s to appear super sophisticated.
gameplay. Hard to judge but the awkward animations and character controls add som resident evilesh tension as it make all the AI you encounter all that more dangerous to deal with.
The atmosphere is there due to great score and no help whatsoever. Not many fps games that have such an atmosphere. Certainly have fallouts wasteland beat.
There is no tutorial or anything you dive right into the deep pool and have to figure out how to live another day.
Heck I even felt like I had to lower the difficulty to Stalker and it´s still challenging. Old school not todays school at only rewarding the player never ever challenge him. Me likes.

There is very little to no QTE or cut scenes etc to break the illusion for a more cinematic feel. I tried metro 2033 some month before and that while technically superior just didn´t have
the right feel mostly due to that except of course for the sub ways.

I like games which are more like books. Leaves some for your imagination to create rather then getting all served with dumbed down action oriented CODish stuff. One of the few that
thoroughly enjoyed Far Cry 2.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2,336 of 6,950
i didn't know microsoft decided to release Alan Wake finally on pc! be picking that up ASAP. when i saw it on pixlesmashers uploaded vids on my subscribed folder i was like

i loved the game when i got it for the 360......but come on! pc guise! obviously gonna be 20% cooler cause of that and will be able to enjoy it in it's full glory.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #2,337 of 6,950
I play too many games at once, but I've been getting back into Persona 4 as of late.  The game ranks a solid 10 to me, but I know the style of combat isn't the most groundbreaking or engrossing and that some others find it dry.  Still, it's one of the best games I've ever played when you consider everything like the interesting story, fantastic characters, and toe-tapping soundtrack.  Going to give Kingdoms of Amalur a spin probably today, but it'll really have to wow me to pull me away from P4.

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2,338 of 6,950
Anyone tried the Mass effect 3 demo? 

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #2,339 of 6,950
Anyone tried the Mass effect 3 demo? 

Friend raged for an hour about the demo and multiplayer. I haven't tried it since my laptop can't handle it and I don't have my desktop, but the single player demo looked good. Same feel as ME2. Can't tell if I like or hate it yet since I wasn't using ME2's controls to the fullest.

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #2,340 of 6,950
I.. dislike Mass Effect. Could never get more than a few hours into the first two. The story and characters are bland Babylon 5/Star Trek fanwank and the gameplay has no visceral impact whatsoever.

Asura's Wrath - Watch someone else play it on YT, or rent if you're desperate for very very very very very shallow, sporadic God of War-style combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back