Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #1,906 of 6,943

Quote:
I finished playing Fallout vegas last week. Im sad now. 
biggrin.gif

I started it last week
biggrin.gif
. So far Im really liking and I also loved Fallout 3.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #1,907 of 6,943
Fallout: New Vegas DLC, Old World Blues is out tomorrow :).

But I haven't even completed the main story of NV yet and haven't started the two other DLCs yet either :p.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #1,908 of 6,943
Final Fantasy XI (Online) - 8/10 ??

Wow, this game has not aged well. Even after all these years it still runs so slow on the Xbox 360. It's a little bit better on a PC at least. I can't even how bad it is on the PS2.
I first played this a year after it came out and it seemed like EVERYONE was playing it. It was so fun at first and then it became like work. I had quit for 2 years and came back to it due to being bored.
A lot has changed but now all my friends in it are gone. This has to be one of the most time consuming games there is ever made. Is it? Seems like it. Especially if you "solo" in the game. The only thing I've done since I got back was play a thing called "Beseiged". I'm a level 76 Beastmaster and I sure miss soloing for EXP.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #1,909 of 6,943
Beseiged has never been that popular. The problem with XI now is that you can leach to cap in a matter of hours if you know the right people...Noone is really legit leveling anymore at this point.

Quote:
Final Fantasy XI (Online) - 8/10 ??

Wow, this game has not aged well. Even after all these years it still runs so slow on the Xbox 360. It's a little bit better on a PC at least. I can't even how bad it is on the PS2.
I first played this a year after it came out and it seemed like EVERYONE was playing it. It was so fun at first and then it became like work. I had quit for 2 years and came back to it due to being bored.
A lot has changed but now all my friends in it are gone. This has to be one of the most time consuming games there is ever made. Is it? Seems like it. Especially if you "solo" in the game. The only thing I've done since I got back was play a thing called "Beseiged". I'm a level 76 Beastmaster and I sure miss soloing for EXP.

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #1,910 of 6,943
I'm a little behind the curve, but I'm currently playing (on the 360):

Final Fantasy 13: 9/10
Interesting though quirky story, fun combat, and it's cool how it ramps up from simple to more complex as the game goes on.  Also beautiful cinematic graphics.

Batman Arkham Asylum: 9/10
Just started this one, but great so far.

Project Gotham Racing 4: 7/10
The handling of this game just has never clicked with me.  It's supposed to be "realistic" but I've done lots of real autocross and I don't think this feels at all the same.
I tend to prefer racing games that are more of a cross country continuous style, like the old OutRun or Rad Racer.  I also really enjoyed Need For Speed: Most Wanted.  The new Need For Speed: The Run is going to be cross country style, so I'm looking forward to that quite a bit.

I've also been playing some Shawn White Snowboarding on the Wii, with balance board controls.  That's a lot of fun and minor exercise.

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #1,911 of 6,943
barleyguy PGR 4 is not supposed to be real just the "perfect mix" between real and arcade. Of course what that is is as subjective as anything but it´s certainly not a simulation. Meaning easy to handle but not ufo handling like ridge racer or sega rally. Though it certainly is closer to ufo then real handling. Won´t impress a simracer much but perhaps a ridge racer.

I had a lot of fun with PGR 3. PGR 4 really nice as well but it goes in waves for me. As for handling I wish wheels would be the primary controller for racing titles but I suppose that will only happen for console racers. Only hardcore PC simulations. It´s so much more fun using wheels and pedals with racing games then gamepad.

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,912 of 6,943
Altitude, 2.5/5 Funny the first 10 minutes but quickly become annoying because of its repetitiveness however i find its a good casual game even if there is a elitist community (only level 50 and such) also you can play very well with gamepad.

Anyway i don't understand these little games where you can do everything, finish the game in only 2 hours and is free during the weekend to incite you to buy it ! :D

World of Tanks : 4.5/5 original and awesome, one of the best F2P game but require a lot of farming to unlock higher tier tanks and its almost impossible later if you don't pay real money but its a great game none-less. Also it took me alot of time to find the tank type that suit me.

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #1,913 of 6,943
On the PC... "Dead Space 2" is just one great game and "The Witcher" is not far behind. 

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #1,915 of 6,943
Just Cause 2 : 7.5/10

Simple and fun, Your the good guy and your kicking the the bad guy's ass, blowing stuff up is always fun 
atsmile.gif
 The grappling hook is innovative . No storyline but the missions will keep you entertained. Most people will get 40 hours of game play out of it.

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #1,916 of 6,943
Demons souls =) It's super hard but in a fun way. I love the old school challenge of the game and I feel like a badass for downing every boss, after dying 20 times to learn their actions &  patterns. 9.5/10 for me. This game doesn't need trophies or achievements. beating the game is more of an accomplishment than any of those. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #1,917 of 6,943
So excited for the sequel. Supposed to be harder. :wink:

Quote:
Demons souls =) It's super hard but in a fun way. I love the old school challenge of the game and I feel like a badass for downing every boss, after dying 20 times to learn their actions &  patterns. 9.5/10 for me. This game doesn't need trophies or achievements. beating the game is more of an accomplishment than any of those. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #1,918 of 6,943

Quote:
I started it last week
biggrin.gif
. So far Im really liking and I also loved Fallout 3.

I completely forgot about "Dead money" and "Honest hearts" addons. I need to get them. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #1,920 of 6,943

Quote:

I completely forgot about "Dead money" and "Honest hearts" addons. I need to get them. 

Got through most of Old World Blues. Discovered I am quite tired on the Fallout gameplay but it has a certain nostalgy factor. Good addon though with nice new gear, wacky humour and wacky characters. The environment is nothing special though also disregardingthe extremely crappy game engine Bethesda use for this series. It was old already for Fallout 3 :p 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back