Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #1,576 of 6,937
@ Highflyin

I loather Dynasty Warriors-esque games, but because of my love for the anime and what not I gave Basara a try. Glad I did. It was the most fun I've had with a game of that nature. I liked the art style, the way they did the characters, and the over-the-top nature of the combat (more over the top than Dynasty Warriors, kind of hard to believe).

I'd give it a 7/10, but I do feel slightly biased because they just aren't my kinds of games.

May 17, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #1,578 of 6,937
Puh... the betas released today did make wonders with witcher 2 for me. Haven´t tried Ultra yet but above 40 fps average on high.

May 17, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #1,579 of 6,937
Eh, Strike Force has the words Dynasty Warriors on it, but it plays VERY different from the rest of the series. It was like a cross between DBZ and Monster Hunter.

I will admit that because of the changes they made with SF, I actually enjoyed it. lol. It was a lot of fun to co-op

Quote:
StrikeForce was pretty good for a DW game I thought.

May 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #1,580 of 6,937

Quote:
Puh... the betas released today did make wonders with witcher 2 for me. Haven´t tried Ultra yet but above 40 fps average on high.

Seriously, for the specs you have, you absolutely need to increase your system memory, despite beta drivers increasing performance with newer games.

May 17, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #1,581 of 6,937

Quote:
Seriously, for the specs you have, you absolutely need to increase your system memory, despite beta drivers increasing performance with newer games.

I would if I could without getting a new computer. I was on 4 gig but for some reason my mainboard can´t handle more then 2 gig of RAM with the 580 on board. 4 gig and 8800 GTX or 2 gig and GTX 580. Take the latter any day.  3 gig work but then it boots one time out of 20. I got fed up with that so just make due with 2 gig. I am sure I would get a bit more smoothness with more ram but it´s certainly no necessity.

Got some hours on Witcher 2 and it certainly is more immersive then ever. Combat system is more immersive as well. Really really promising.

May 17, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #1,582 of 6,937
But it's supposed to support more RAM? Have you tried a new PSU? That sounds like the problem to me.

Quote:
I would if I could without getting a new computer. I was on 4 gig but for some reason my mainboard can´t handle more then 2 gig of RAM with the 580 on board. 4 gig and 8800 GTX or 2 gig and GTX 580. Take the latter any day.  3 gig work but then it boots one time out of 20. I got fed up with that so just make due with 2 gig. I am sure I would get a bit more smoothness with more ram but it´s certainly no necessity.

Got some hours on Witcher 2 and it certainly is more immersive then ever. Combat system is more immersive as well. Really really promising.

May 17, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #1,583 of 6,937
so i just want to vent here for a second. Im getting really pissed off at Crysis right now, im almost to the end of the game, But everytime i get to the end of the level Ascension, which is the one where you're in the ship flying through the valley. I get to the end, at the ocean, everyone quits talking to me, and the screen goes black like at the end of every level. but instead of loading the next level it just crashes. which is obviously stopping me from finishing the game :frowning2:

May 17, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #1,584 of 6,937

Quote:
But it's supposed to support more RAM? Have you tried a new PSU? That sounds like the problem to me.

No it´s not the PSU. It´s the mainboard not being able to deliver enough power to all it´s components it appear. It´s three years old so there may be some capacitors or such worn down as well or it wasn´t designed for todays power hungry cards. Or there is something fishy about the GTX 580. Has been some controversy about people not being able to run it on certain mainboards causing similar issues like I got.

May 17, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #1,585 of 6,937

Quote:
No it´s not the PSU. It´s the mainboard not being able to deliver enough power to all it´s components it appear. It´s three years old so there may be some capacitors or such worn down as well or it wasn´t designed for todays power hungry cards. Or there is something fishy about the GTX 580. Has been some controversy about people not being able to run it on certain mainboards causing similar issues like I got.

Are you running a 32-bit version of windows?  You can only have up to 4GB of RAM on 32-bit OSs (including VRAM).

May 18, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #1,587 of 6,937
Still playing Resident Evil 5, namely the mercenaries mode online where Albert Wesker just pwns! 

May 18, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #1,588 of 6,937

Quote:
Are you running a 32-bit version of windows?  You can only have up to 4GB of RAM on 32-bit OSs (including VRAM).

You can have it on 32-gig system as well. allow 1 gig to memory relocation. 64-bit OSes use the last gig more efficiently though and you can use more than that. On the other hand 64-bit oses appear to be a bit more resource hungry as well. Is 7 64-bit better then vista 64-bit in this regard?

May 18, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #1,589 of 6,937
Anyone else playing Brink? I have seen real mixed reviews. It seems to be an either you love it or hate it game.

May 18, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #1,590 of 6,937

Quote:
@ Highflyin

I loather Dynasty Warriors-esque games, but because of my love for the anime and what not I gave Basara a try. Glad I did. It was the most fun I've had with a game of that nature. I liked the art style, the way they did the characters, and the over-the-top nature of the combat (more over the top than Dynasty Warriors, kind of hard to believe).

I'd give it a 7/10, but I do feel slightly biased because they just aren't my kinds of games.

Agreed, I'm not too crazy about the DW series, but because of Basara's anime tie-in and the reasonable price, I picked it up. The last DW game I tried was the Gundam one from four years ago which was okay. Basara has so much more character and entertainment value imho. I just recently unlocked Oichi and her play style is very unique. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back