Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #1,546 of 6,947

Quote:
You could set mouse and keyboard on or off for the PS3 version. They implemented it very well.

Haha, I wouldn't know, I don't have it for PS3, only PC.  Speaking of which, I got the special box set edition (for like $20) then typed the product code into Steam to see what would happen...then it showed up on my Steam list.  Pretty awesome. :p

May 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #1,547 of 6,947
There's a lot of games you can register like that. Honestly it's hard for me to justify a purchase that I CAN'T register like that. lol

Quote:
Haha, I wouldn't know, I don't have it for PS3, only PC.  Speaking of which, I got the special box set edition (for like $20) then typed the product code into Steam to see what would happen...then it showed up on my Steam list.  Pretty awesome. :p

May 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #1,548 of 6,947

Quote:
There's a lot of games you can register like that. Honestly it's hard for me to justify a purchase that I CAN'T register like that. lol

It would be nice for every game to do that but that's pretty much impossible for rather obvious reasons, I think.  That is, Steam costs tons of money for Valve to run meaning the publisher would have to pay them money for each game sold to make up for this.  Not sure exactly how it works though.

Is there a list of the games that are compatible with Steam like this though?  Steam is wonderful. :p

May 16, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #1,549 of 6,947

Quote:

It would be nice for every game to do that but that's pretty much impossible for rather obvious reasons, I think.  That is, Steam costs tons of money for Valve to run meaning the publisher would have to pay them money for each game sold to make up for this.  Not sure exactly how it works though.

Is there a list of the games that are compatible with Steam like this though?  Steam is wonderful. :p

i was wondering the same thing, so some quick googleing turned this up

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

May 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #1,550 of 6,947
There's bound to be a list somewhere, but most of the major PC titles can be registered with Steam. Recently (of course) Portal 2, Brink & Black Ops. I'm sure there were more between now and then though.

EDIT: Well there ya go

Quote:

May 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #1,551 of 6,947
Runescape. Despite all its changes over the many years, I still go back to it. There's some magical hold on me. 9/10
Advance Wars. First foray into Turn-Based strategy, and just simply loads of fun to just play campaign over and over again. 8/10

/I'll be into Portal 2 when people are completing Portal 3. I'm so late at games.

May 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #1,552 of 6,947

Quote:
oh jesus not a PC masterrace.
I have a gaming PC but I love my PS2 for RPG's and shooters more so than the PC. The PC I use for MMO's and some games that don't come to ps3. Good by console standards is good by PC standards, if resistance had come out on PC you would be singing a different tune.

Yes I would because I would then use mouse/keyboard and the developers could offer more challenging AI, more advanced levels not to mention the better graphics, audio etc if they would do more then a straight port which is dumbed down in itself.  I do realize why consoles generally don´t offer mouse/game support. One idea with console gaming is being able to lay down in your sofa and play with your friends. But fps is just not a natural genre for gamepad playing.

I do have a 360, PS 3 and a Wii and I certainly enjoy console games. However I generally only get games which I can´t get on the PC not the other way around. Gamepads is available for PC as well for those genre that benefits from them.

May 16, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #1,553 of 6,947
I gotta love the NDS. I hacked mine so I can just download all of the games for free and there's actually a lot of good games.. like The World Ends With You is a really good RPG with a great story... plus its portable.. AND TEH P0KEMONZ!!!

May 16, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #1,554 of 6,947
The Witcher 2 gets released today. Can´t see how it can be anything but epic :)

May 16, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #1,555 of 6,947

Quote:
Nope. Resistance 1 would have been bad on PC too. Resistance 2 would've been alright, but it still didn't offer anything new beyond the Co-op, really. Also, the PlayStation controllers are absolutely horrid for shooters (IMO).

Plus, you can use whatever controller you want on PC...with better graphics...and dedicated servers...and (mostly) unlocked framerate...and cheaper games...and awesome Steam sales...

.....I think you got your words mixed up there.

May 16, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #1,557 of 6,947

Quote:
Quote:
.....I think you got your words mixed up there.

Not at all. 2 felt more epic SP wise and more balanced MP wise. Graphics were of course a step up, but that's much less important. I just didn't have much fun with the first.

I would have to agree with this, although I didn't like some of the changes they made for the second game.  I preferred it when you had an inhumanly massive backpack that let you carry every weapon at once. :p  Also, the graphics in the first game didn't impress me in the slightest.  Definitely better with the second game in that regard.

May 17, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #1,558 of 6,947

Quote:
Resistance 1 was a disappointment. SP was underwhelming and the MP was 'Where does the rocket launcher spawn? Oh here, I win.'

Resistance 2 was much better. Co-op was loads of fun, MP was a much more solid offering, and the SP seemed to flow a lot nicer.

As far as PS3 exclusives go, it's a favorite. Although can't say it's too close to the top because of the great RPG exclusives.

Wow, that is almost the complete opposite opinion from everyone I know that has played both games. Surprising.

Though as far as competitive multiplayer gameplay is concerned, R1 is hands down the most balanced, "skill-full", and fun game on the PS3; even if it isn't the most innovative (even though at the time, '06, it had some exciting ideas.)

But for casual players, I can see why R2 would be more appealing as it was intended for the masses. Not sure if you fall in this category though..

May 17, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #1,560 of 6,947
I don't find most weapon pick up games to be very balanced. All the action centers around one spot on the map and one respawn timer for the power weapons. It also limits customization, which I love. It seems balanced because everyone uses the same guns for MOST of the game, but in R1 it was all about those launchers.

This is coming from someone that's probably put well over 3000 hours in BF 2 over the years (and about that amount into a few others as well). By no means a casual FPS player. Just not a fan of R1 at all. I see it in the sane vein as the Halo series. Fun, but I tire of it quickly.

Quote:
Wow, that is almost the complete opposite opinion from everyone I know that has played both games. Surprising.

Though as far as competitive multiplayer gameplay is concerned, R1 is hands down the most balanced, "skill-full", and fun game on the PS3; even if it isn't the most innovative (even though at the time, '06, it had some exciting ideas.)

But for casual players, I can see why R2 would be more appealing as it was intended for the masses. Not sure if you fall in this category though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back