Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 15, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #1,516 of 6,936

Quote:
Then don't give it any marks at all--just say you are physically unable to play it, period. If a food critic is allergic to peanuts and rates a dish a 2 out of 10 because he can't eat it due to his allergy, is that fair? He shouldn't eat it or rate it at all.  

Sadly, different than an allergy. That would imply I am unable to play the game at all. I can play it, for a period. I can play the game, he can't eat his dish. I played the game and I can't enjoy it. And it is the concept of the game that causes the problem, not just me.

Also, please don't argue only with, if a is x then b is x as well if a is related to b. 
Finally, last I checked this was "Rate the video games you're currently playing" on Head-Fi, not an esteemed reviewer site, and I'm certainly not a top review or critic. 

If it makes you happy; 1/10, deducted for being physically unable to play the game for extended periods of time due to nausea. Added 1 for a good game that I cannot enjoy fully.

May 15, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #1,517 of 6,936

Quote:
Not at all. Crysis 2 and already Crysis warhead does just about all that Lunatique mention better then Half Life 2. Replay Half Life 2 and see how it stack up now. It was great for it´s time but things do move forward. On the technical side HL 2 was old already during launch but that didn´t hurt it much in my book except for the awful AI which was one of the strong point of the original.

I have recently HLS> Farcry>Bioshock>Farcry2>Killzone 1>Killzone 2> Resistance 1>Stalker>Resistance2=Killzone3>Crysis2>Crysis
Seriously, I have no love for crysis at all.I did only try crysis 2 for a bit and liked it better than the first but I still wouldn't buy it.

May 15, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #1,518 of 6,936

Sadly, different than an allergy. That would imply I am unable to play the game at all. I can play it, for a period. I can play the game, he can't eat his dish. I played the game and I can't enjoy it. And it is the concept of the game that causes the problem, not just me.

Also, please don't argue only with, if a is x then b is x as well if a is related to b. 
Finally, last I checked this was "Rate the video games you're currently playing" on Head-Fi, not an esteemed reviewer site, and I'm certainly not a top review or critic. 

If it makes you happy; 1/10, deducted for being physically unable to play the game for extended periods of time due to nausea. Added 1 for a good game that I cannot enjoy fully.

We don't need you to be a top reviewer to criticize you for your logical fallacy.

May 15, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #1,519 of 6,936

Quote:
Then don't give it any marks at all--just say you are physically unable to play it, period. If a food critic is allergic to peanuts and rates a dish a 2 out of 10 because he can't eat it due to his allergy, is that fair? He shouldn't eat it or rate it at all.

I have to agree with both sides.  For certain scenes, especially when it's dark, I get a little bit nauseous and have to take a break sometimes.  It doesn't happen often and it's worse on other games for me.  But I don't think it's fair to critique the game for it.  Lunatique's analogy is pretty 'on'.  It would be like saying that a certain roller coaster sucks because it made you puke in the end.

Portal 2: 9/10 A little bit too much GlaDOS in my ear this time.  But still a great game and great concept.  Short learning curve (I'm not a gamer whatsoever) and you can take breaks without actually pausing the game.

May 15, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #1,520 of 6,936

Quote:
I have recently HLS> Farcry>Bioshock>Farcry2>Killzone 1>Killzone 2> Resistance 1>Stalker>Resistance2=Killzone3>Crysis2>Crysis
Seriously, I have no love for crysis at all.I did only try crysis 2 for a bit and liked it better than the first but I still wouldn't buy it.

i personally wouldnt even put Bioshock on that list, i dont consider it to be a FPS game. yeah its from the first person, and yeah you may shoot things, but its so much more...and i really did like crysis 2, but i just started crysis 1, and while its pretty for sure, its not doing anything special for me gameplay wise. but maybe thats becuase i just beat Battlefield Bad Company 2

Quote:
Quote:

We don't need you to be a top reviewer to criticize you for your logical fallacy.

this.

yes, it is still a good argument that Lunatique made. If someone cant ride rollercoasters becuase they get sick, they shouldn't review rollercoasters. Or if someone hates Rap music, they shouldnt review rap albums. If you cant play first person puzzlers becuase you become physically ill, you should not rate them. Its not the games fault that you can't play it. My mom used to get sick watching me play F-Zero X, guess what i quit doing when she was in the room??

the game is still amazing, whether you can play it or not.

EDIT: hahahaha it seems great minds think alike! i totally hadnt seen Mkubota1's post before i made my reference to rollercoasters!

May 15, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #1,521 of 6,936
Dragon Age 2.

I'm rating this as a sequel to Dragon Age:Origions that I so love and cherish.

1/10.

May 15, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #1,522 of 6,936

Quote:
Dragon Age 2.

I'm rating this as a sequel to Dragon Age:Origions that I so love and cherish.

1/10.

I just made it into chapter 2, and so far, I'm not impressed because it doesn't have nearly the sense of dramatic gravity the first game had. It just sort meanders without a real purpose, and even the recruiting process and the involved stories are kind of unsatisfying. It's not terrible, but a bit of a let down thus far for a Bioware game.

May 15, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #1,523 of 6,936

Quote:
I just made it into chapter 2, and so far, I'm not impressed because it doesn't have nearly the sense of dramatic gravity the first game had. It just sort meanders without a real purpose, and even the recruiting process and the involved stories are kind of unsatisfying. It's not terrible, but a bit of a let down thus far for a Bioware game.

Thank you for shopping bioware, home of the famous one storyline used since '98.

May 15, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #1,524 of 6,936

Quote:

Just wait until you get further in and you have to visit the same damn cave for the 30th time, or the same warehouse or the same mansion map. Don't even make me bring up all the "streamlining"...

May 15, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #1,525 of 6,936
its pretty much the same thing they did with ME2 from what i hear. And i didnt like that much either, only got around 6 hours in, and i loved ME1. I still really want to play Dragon Age Origins, but im just resigning myself to the fact that i probably wont play any of the rest of the series.

this about sums it up
http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=942

May 15, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #1,526 of 6,936

Quote:
its pretty much the same thing they did with ME2 from what i hear. And i didnt like that much either, only got around 6 hours in, and i loved ME1. I still really want to play Dragon Age Origins, but im just resigning myself to the fact that i probably wont play any of the rest of the series.

this about sums it up

Yeah, it actually did a very good job of summing up the game (DA2), although I don't really agree with some of the writer said about DA:O. If anyone who hasn't played the game just read that review, yes, it's really that bad. Nothing was exaggerated.

DA2's metascore on Metacritic is also very telling. Over 2600 PC users rated, and the average score is 4.3/10. The XBOX360 and PS3 scores aren't much different. As long as Mike Laidlaw (DA2's lead developer, who just jumped shipped over from Jade Empire) has anything to do with DA3, I'm done with this series.

May 15, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #1,527 of 6,936
I am yet another hooked on Portal 2. Borderlands is my fall back whenever I get bored and just wanna kill something.I was really disappointed with Fallout: New Vegas. I think they could have done a lot more with it and just got in a rush.

May 15, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #1,528 of 6,936

Quote:
I am yet another hooked on Portal 2. Borderlands is my fall back whenever I get bored and just wanna kill something.I was really disappointed with Fallout: New Vegas. I think they could have done a lot more with it and just got in a rush.

yea, everything just feels hollow, not saying fallout 3 was miles better, i think it just had more staying power.

May 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #1,529 of 6,936
Brink - near complete garbage. 3/10. Didn't give it 0 due to its decent score and 'customizability'. No point in being able to customize chars if the rest of the game is as good as garbage. 50 bucks can be better spent elsewhere.

May 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #1,530 of 6,936

Quote:

this about sums it up

ME2 actually was pretty good, though not as good as ME1. DA2 so far isn't nearly as good as ME2.

To date, my favorite Bioware game remains KOTOR. I never played any of the earlier Baldur's Gate series though. I tried playing the Neverwinter Nights games and they just sort of bored me. I liked Jade Empire. Never played KOTOR2, but that's not Bioware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back