Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 30, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #1,081 of 6,936
Replaying Final Fantasy Tactics on my PSP  111/10

All i can say is can't compare another RPG game that was well written, they should make a movie out of this, also Xenogears comes in mind any retro Squaresoft gamer out there?

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #1,082 of 6,936
^^Final fantasy tactics advance? 
beyersmile.png
 Most of the fire emblem series was well done as well.

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #1,086 of 6,936
I am playing Demon Souls. I hated the game and I kept dying at the same place.
The game makes you start over from the beginning of the level when you die.

But I realized I didn't have to fight the knight with the spear, I can just go the other direction.

After I passed that part, it turned out to be a pretty fun game.

Jul 31, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #1,088 of 6,936
Just finished Brütal Legend. This game is a mixed bag. The world is fricking AWESOME, characters are great, story is great, and all its melodrama is provided with slight (or quite heavy actually) tongue in the cheek. In a true metal fashion. And humor is also great, as much as this game worships metal it also makes fun of its stereotypes. Soundtrack is also the best like ever, every song is spot on in whatever situation they are played in. And I could just go around and roam the land listening the radio in my car.

Gameplay is wierd. Im not sure what this game wants to be, 3rd person action game, RTS or what? It all functions quite well once you got the hang of it and I even enjoyed it, but personally I would have been much happier with more focused approach. Also game is quite short. I mean, there are million things to find and sidequests to do, but it all gets quite repetive so once you get yourself buffed up enough you find yourself rushing through the mainstory. The end also comes out of nowhere. I really think they should have separated to "Tainted Coil" and "Drowning Doom" parts for longer length. Anyway, once that is over there isnt much to do other than go through those leftover sidemissions, all thousand of them. But I just couldnt find energy to do them. Overall as much as I enjoyed playing it I was left bit dissapointed. I heard multiplayer is where it is at, but I am not a multiplayer (and on Xbox I never will be, I'll NEVER start paying for ability to play online out of principle. Leecher bastards)

This game really could use for sequel. Story and characters have so much more to give and world, again, is just so fricking awesome. Unfortunately that is unlikely to happen as I just heard EA cancelled Brütal Legend 2 plans... Hopefully they wisen up one day and rethink it. Brütal Legend was flawed but it has so much potential to explore in different ways.

Jul 31, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #1,089 of 6,936
x2

Quote:
SC2 - 9.5/10. No introduction needed. Easily the best rts game ever made. Singleplayer was great and better than any other rts games I've played in the past but the real meat is the multiplayer. So deep and profound, if you're into this there's no end to how diverse one can employ their tactics. Every unit has a counter unit and the added economy enhancements over the predecessor makes the game even more intricate and complex than ever. Lookin' forward to seeing bisu, savior, flash, jaedong, boxer and other Korean professionals duke it out.

Jul 31, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #1,090 of 6,936

Quote:
^^Final fantasy tactics advance? 
beyersmile.png
 Most of the fire emblem series was well done as well.

Here, here!

All the Game Boy versions of Fire Emblem stole my heart over and over again regardless off the pretty repetitive game play nearly identical stories. I bought the Game Cube version a few years ago and I just couldn't get into it... Those games can only be played on a hand-held console with a small screen.

Oh, and

Critter Crunch - 6/10 (PSN) - Moderately fun, but it's no Peggle or any other hugely addictive mini game.

Aug 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #1,091 of 6,936
Mega Man 10 - 9/10 on PSN - Awesome game, it's exactly like the old 2d nes platformer games. The only thing is that it's insanely hard, I've had it for about a week and I've only been able to beat one level. Definitely worth 10 bucks though.

Aug 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #1,092 of 6,936

Quote:
Have you picked up the DLCs?  The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is the only one that's worth it, in my opinion, and I got all three.  Which character are you playing?

Yeah, I picked up Zombie Island and the Secret Armory for $5 each. Thank God for Xbox Live sales. :D I'm currently playing the Siren for her invisibility perk. Don't use it so much but I'm too lazy to start a new character now even though I relatively am still low-level.

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #1,093 of 6,936
Currently playing Silent hill 3, die hard fan of silent its just now i had a week off and bought the old SH series on Ebay, so far I'm enjoying it and looks like this was the continuation of SH1 (9.5/10) revisiting the good times.

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #1,094 of 6,936
Replaying good old games. Started with Star Wars Knight of The Old Republic II: The Sith Lords but never played the first one. So bought the original Knight of The Old Republic. I should have played this one in the first place

10/10

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #1,095 of 6,936
Another game often mentioned here is Mass Effect. That game for the most part was pretty well done. Enough RPG and action elements to satisfy most fans.

One pretty big down fall though is the sheer repetition of planets that host the side quests. Anomaly, debris. Anomaly, debris. Anomaly, debris. Multiply this about one hundred times. Oh and the Maws. How I hate the Maws. 

Would have been better if all of the side quests took place in the main quest planets to avoid the tedium. I just got my Xbox so I'm sort of late in the game but I hope ME2 does better. Because that design element flat out sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back