Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 19, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #1,096 of 6,943

Quote:
One pretty big down fall though is the sheer repetition of planets that host the side quests. Anomaly, debris. Anomaly, debris. Anomaly, debris. Multiply this about one hundred times. Oh and the Maws. How I hate the Maws. 

Would have been better if all of the side quests took place in the main quest planets to avoid the tedium. I just got my Xbox so I'm sort of late in the game but I hope ME2 does better. Because that design element flat out sucked.

Don't worry, they completely removed that part and replaced it with an even more tedious planet scanning/mining mechanic. They've since patched with to increase mining speed, but still very boring.

Aug 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #1,097 of 6,943
Playing 'Dwarf Fortress' nowdays
Free game available at bay12games
Very very high learning curve and incedibly fun
Think nethack+sims+dorfs

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #1,098 of 6,943

Quote:
Playing 'Dwarf Fortress' nowdays
Free game available at bay12games
Very very high learning curve and incedibly fun
Think nethack+sims+dorfs

I have a love hate relationship with this game (currently love).
The difficulty level and bugs drive me insane but I keep getting sucked back in.
Easily 10/10 - losing has never been so much fun.

Aug 20, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #1,099 of 6,943
Mass effect 2- got it on the first day and so far replayed it three times each with 20+ hours. I give it 10/10 because I love sci fi.

Fallout 3- so far the only game worth $60 that has no multiplayer. I've replayed it twice. First has 100+ hr and second just past 90. I give it 10/10.

Modern Warfare 2- I don't find much challenge as I have a 2.15 k/d ratio, around 25% in accuracy, and have a 1.48 in win/loss ratio. But I've stopped recently due to all the 10th prestiged lobby losers and rapid fire controller losers. My weapon of choice FAL silenced, magnum, m1014 w/ extenend mag, ump fmj, intervention. I give it a 9/10.

Battle Field: BC2- I find it more fun and enjoyable then MW2. Also requires more teamwork in rush mode, and simple features like bullet drop makes sniping fun even though I prefer to be an engeneer. The only thing I don't like about this game is the red dot. Thats why people just use the 4x scope, but I just "man up" and use iron sights just like in MW2. Just to brag, I'm a rank 33 in 80 hr. People who played this game knows how difficult ranking up is. I give it 9.5/10.

Batman: Arkham asylum- To me this game just came out of nowhere. I'm a big DC comic fan but didn't expect a great batman game anytime soon. Game play is great that I don't even how to explain it. Spoiler ALERT- when I met Scarecrow in one of the scences I thought my 360 broke. So I turned it off for like three times and realised it was part of the game. I give it 9.5/10

I play alot more other games but I'm off to my tax free shopping!

Aug 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #1,100 of 6,943
Busted out the DS. Playing Pokemon HeartGold and Chrono Trigger. Pokemon is, well, Pokemon. A rating or any real information is futile, as anyone who's played a single game of theirs will get the idea. I haven't touched the Pokewalker yet, I'm going to see if it's usable on mute, and without any sort of interaction required until I'm finished with it.

Chrono Trigger is just as amazing as I remembered from back when I first played it, and the DS controls are fairly tight and useful, if not all that intuitive. 9/10

Aug 20, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #1,101 of 6,943
Dirt 2- Xbox 360 9/10

Just fixed a broken 360, about to mod it. For testing purposes I rented this game. Right off I noticed the somewhat difficult control, and I like how you can change the difficulty anytime cause this game can get HARD. I love off road racing and this is a really realistic game that focuses on The X-games type racing. Sweet graphics, nice details (although I think the water splash effects could use more detail), realistic control. The best part about it is the surround sound (IF you can figure out how to get the TRUE 5.1 sound, I found it impossible using an hdmi cable, had to use the component cables and the optic out), it really sounds like your in the car and the whole room shakes when you hit something, and crashing an spinning/rolling has never been so epic. I had to return it :frowning2: but plan on purchasing this game. Dirt 2 makes up for Motor storm being Sony only :)

Oh, btw the music tracks are incredible.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #1,102 of 6,943
Castlevania - Harmony of Despair on the Xbox Live Arcade has alredy given me about 30 hours of awesome multiplayer playtime. One of the best arcade games i have purchased from the xbox marketplace, by far.

10/10

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #1,103 of 6,943

Quote:

Don't worry, they completely removed that part and replaced it with an even more tedious planet scanning/mining mechanic. They've since patched with to increase mining speed, but still very boring.

I cold bear the scanning part. That portion wasn't as bad as the side quest planets themselves. Ruined an almost perfect game (barring technical issues aside).

I've seen ME2 being nominated by some as the best game around so I can't wait to play it, personally. :D

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #1,104 of 6,943
Kane and Lynch 2

I liked the original more, though I'm only a few levels in. Pretty much everything in the game is average at best and fairly one-dimensional. 

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #1,106 of 6,943

Quote:

I cold bear the scanning part. That portion wasn't as bad as the side quest planets themselves. Ruined an almost perfect game (barring technical issues aside).

I've seen ME2 being nominated by some as the best game around so I can't wait to play it, personally. :D

ME2 is a very big improvement in the first in every sense, and particularly in side quests, they feel unique instead of generic, it really deserves all the praise its been getting. Personally my favorite game since times of Ocarina of Time.

Anyways the last game I've been playing:

Starcraft 2: 9/10. The only reason I give it a 9 is because I'm not a huge fan of RTS games, but it is the best I've played. The other reason for a 9 is that I hate feeling like a noob 
mad.gif
. But an awesome game, I didn't want to like it, but I'm addicted now.

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #1,107 of 6,943
Super Mario Galaxy 2- 9/10

this is an awesome game and i really like the level variety, however it just doesnt have that feeling that the first one had. its a bit hard to explain.  the first one had more of a plot too.  i also dont like the new map.

Okami- 11/10

this is the BEST game i have ever played.  it has a stunning and expansive world, the best OST out of any game i have ever played, interesting and well developed characters, and an awesome plot.  this game really reminds me of Twilight Princess, though it feels more fluid and has a different feeling. IMO this is the best game ever made.

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #1,108 of 6,943

Quote:
ME2 is a very big improvement in the first in every sense, and particularly in side quests, they feel unique instead of generic, it really deserves all the praise its been getting. Personally my favorite game since times of Ocarina of Time.

Anyways the last game I've been playing:

Starcraft 2: 9/10. The only reason I give it a 9 is because I'm not a huge fan of RTS games, but it is the best I've played. The other reason for a 9 is that I hate feeling like a noob 
mad.gif
. But an awesome game, I didn't want to like it, but I'm addicted now.

ME2 is a huge improvement over ME1 when it comes to gameplay, character developement and romances etc... But it is also ruined by a lot of things, story and enemies being rather shallow compared to ME1, hardcore scifi turned to pure fantasy, (gasmasks in space or otherwise hazardous enviroment? What the hell!? ME1 was perfect when it came to sci-fi physics, it was so believable scifi world so why ruin it just for the sake of "eye candy"!?) and not to mention several ME1 save importing inconcistencies (I DID NOT POINT A GUN AT YOUR FACE CONRAD DAMNIT!!!). But as an overall game, ME2 is just so damn good. I have played it through many times more than ME1, it is that good as a game. But its flaws are so scaringly glaring that it makes me worried about the future of ME3 and what direction it heads at.

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #1,109 of 6,943

Quote:

ME2 is a huge improvement over ME1 when it comes to gameplay, character developement and romances etc... But it is also ruined by a lot of things, story and enemies being rather shallow compared to ME1, hardcore scifi turned to pure fantasy, (gasmasks in space or otherwise hazardous enviroment? What the hell!? ME1 was perfect when it came to sci-fi physics, it was so believable scifi world so why ruin it just for the sake of "eye candy"!?) and not to mention several ME1 save importing inconcistencies (I DID NOT POINT A GUN AT YOUR FACE CONRAD DAMNIT!!!). But as an overall game, ME2 is just so damn good. I have played it through many times more than ME1, it is that good as a game. But its flaws are so scaringly glaring that it makes me worried about the future of ME3 and what direction it heads at.

It is not a perfect game (assuming there can be a perfect game), my main complaint is that the main story feels short for the quality of gameplay, particularly when compared to say DragonAge (I'll not go into particulars so to not create spoilers) and the story of the enemies and NPC's could have been explored a lot more. Although that las thing might have been intentional, since they created quite a bit of questions that are left unanswered for ME3.

But speaking of DA, I think DA2 might be somewhat of an indicator of the direction that ME3 will take.

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #1,110 of 6,943
Amnesia: Dark Descent - 9.5/10. This is the best 1st person horror game I've ever played. Scares the living Jesus outa me. 
smile_phones.gif
I cannot play this for more than an hour continuously otherwise I'd be shittin' my pants. Better than Penumbra series. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back