Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 20, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #6,213 of 6,934
Flight Simulator 2020. If you can call it a game. Absolutely amazing for bush flyers. surroundings accurate enough to fly by charts. Though in some areas tougher then others as bing maps is not as good everywhere. Absolutely stunning.

Aug 20, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #6,214 of 6,934
Flight Simulator 2020. If you can call it a game. Absolutely amazing for bush flyers. surroundings accurate enough to fly by charts. Though in some areas tougher then others as bing maps is not as good everywhere. Absolutely stunning.

I miss traveling and part of me has been tempted to pick that up, just for the sake of fantasy fulfillment.

Aug 20, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #6,215 of 6,934
I recently picked up again on Alice: Madness Returns. I got stuck in one of the short side-scrolling parts for ages.

Getting on with the game though, it's just so off the wall quirky. I can't help but love it. … There's strange concepts in it that are cool.

It's also not a bad shooter and slash type game over-all.

NB There is a quick config-file fix to up the frame rate from 31 fps.

Aug 26, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #6,216 of 6,934
Just finished up Uncharted 4. I recall playing the first one on PS3 I believe and the graphics was amazing for it's time, but for 4, I was spoiled by playing God of War before it. The visuals are very good, but not on the level of God of War, which is just on another level in terms of how artistic it is, and technicalities.

Gameplay is kinda bland, and repetitive. It's a typical cycle of climbing pre-set climbing areas by looking for the next place to climb, climb, run into bad guys and do a shoot-out (or take them down silently), and repeat. The formula just repeats too much.

The movie like aspect is interesting, but doesn't really make the gameplay better or anything. It just takes away from being a game foremost.

PS4 doesn't have much really great games. Just a few good exclusives that took long production time. It seems libraries are shrinking as new gen consoles come out due to long production time of developing games. PS1 and 2 had huge libraries.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #6,217 of 6,934
Destiny 2, it's pretty much the only thing I've been playing for the past two years. For me it's a solid 9/10. It's a game that when it comes to assets, it oozes quality. The animations are amazing, the graphics are stylized yet compelling, the voice actors do their best with what they are given. It's grindy, but I'm ok with that.

When you play Destiny 2 as much as me, you pretty much go through the new content on the first days or so, so I can't really fault Bungie for that. My main gripe, is with the story. It's ambitions and certainly has that Bungie epicness about it, but I really don't like how everything is a constant cliffhanger. The hyped "big reveals" turn out to be just more setups for the next big reveal, there's no real closure about many things. The things that do get closure, it's mostly done on lore tabs that you have to go out of your way to find out whatever happened with that particular story.

I'm a mainly PvE player, with occasional incursions into PvP to farm bounties or get new guns. PvP is just way too brutal for me, the sweat on PC is ridiculous. When it comes to PvP I get in, become fodder, get my bounties and get out. When I'm done chasing the next shinny or rare stuff that was introduced in the season, I just go over my gun collection and work on it. I'm like a...weapon gardener. I like farming the godrolls, find rolls that suit my playstyle, or create new builds around particular weapons rolls.

When everything's done and done, I like finding a spot with lots of add or bosses and just shoot the weapons. I keep playing just to get more cool guns and shoot at everything. I can spend actual hours just mowing through mobs, it's almost therapeutic for me haha.

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #6,218 of 6,934
Red Dead Redemption 2: 9.9/10 since I can't give any game a perfect score. (While I am not playing it right now, I plant o start up my fourth playthrough sooner than later)

Mass Effect Andromeda: about a 7.6/10

Witcher 3: 9.4/10

Project Cars: 8.5/10

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #6,219 of 6,934
Red Dead Redemption 2: 9.9/10 since I can't give any game a perfect score. (While I am not playing it right now, I plant o start up my fourth playthrough sooner than later)

Mass Effect Andromeda: about a 7.6/10

Witcher 3: 9.4/10

Project Cars: 8.5/10

Four plays, haha. Excellent.

I never manage more than one play of an open world game. I wish I could, but I play the life out of it in one go.

I do mean to replay of The Witcher 3, and Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, because they rocked. However I never quite get started.

---------------------------------------------

Currently playing Generation Zero. … it's such a blast. Scares the wits out of me sometimes. Having killer robots hunting you. You explore holding your breath, haha; the tension. Love the looting too: like getting 'full metal jacket' ammo, it's a buzz every pick up.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #6,220 of 6,934
Four plays, haha. Excellent.

I never manage more than one play of an open world game. I wish I could, but I play the life out of it in one go.

I do mean to replay of The Witcher 3, and Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, because they rocked. However I never quite get started.

It depends if the game's choices make much difference in another playthrough. The Witcher 3 was awesome, but if I played through again would I do anything differently? Whereas I played through Mass Effect 2 back in the day 3 times at least. Different teammates, different choices, etc.

I played through Dishonored multiple times. It was short anyway, but I played through without killing a single person, which is a different challenge than most games. Such a great game.

I may have to check out RDR2 after such a glowing review.

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #6,221 of 6,934
Finished up Last of Us Remastered (LOUR). Damn good game!

It was better than Naughty Dog's other series, Uncharted. LOUR feels much more realistic than Uncharted, which seem more Disney, or for children. LOUR is more like Breaking Bad with plenty of uncensored violence, which I find fitting, and also the dialog (cussing). It's just seem more real.

The characters are much better than Uncharted's, which seem superficial and cliche. Great great dialog, and flow of the story, which mended with the game-play really well.

I started getting bored of Last of us Remastered with repetitive silent take downs.
I believe earlier on I stated that I was expecting the game to repetitive of sneaking up on zombie like creates, but that is not the case. The beginning had that, and that turned me off until I discovered that the game-play changes, and doesn't repeat all that much unlike Uncharted (which is really boring with repeated game-play, not much variation).

Great character design (they seem original), and development like in a good movie. Superb directing (I've never exprienced such skilled level of directing for a video-game). Whoever directed this game can direct movies. I guess zombie apocalypse type genre works well for video games.

I would highly recommend checking this game out if anybody has not done so. It's one of the best I've ever played.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #6,222 of 6,934
I got the first Unchartered when it released. Played it until zombiees. Dropped the controller and switched of the PS3. That series is dead to me forever. Played the demo quite a few times too; really enjoyed it and thought it would one of the best games for the PS3.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #6,224 of 6,934
I started playing Wasteland 3, which is a real American RPG. I find some of these American RPGs too hardcore for the avg gamer as they come off as having no consideration of the player when it comes to figuring things out. JRPGs being the most thoughtful when it comes to this.

I decided to challenge myself and play this one. User experience pretty horrible with long load times, and the design itself causing inefficiency in navigating places back and forth. I have to refer to guildes to figure things out which tells me the scenario creator has no idea how people figure things out. My rant on American RPGs.

This game is for those that was into the original Fallout type games or the interplay RPGs like Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment etc.. I could never get into those RPGs as they seem too time consuming in figuring things out, and generally not as user friendly as JRPGs. Fallout on the other hand, was pretty easy to figure out and Wasteland 3 isn't as easy as Fallout series. Fallout in general was very original and better streamlined when it came to difficulty.

If you don't like wasting time, I'd avoid this RPG.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #6,225 of 6,934
I’m playing Skyrim for the third or fourth time and I give it a 10/10. Just an all-time classic. So absorbing, love the huge world and design of the environments and buildings, and love the music and general gameplay. It’s like the Zeppelin IV of video games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back