Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 12, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #6,196 of 6,943
Control 6/10

It´s okay but dunno it feels so uninspired and dry. Very booring office building. Story there is so much text info to find but none that seem all that interesting. I very soon stopped reading them as it felt it would be 45 minutes reading 15 min playing per hour... I should like it more I loved system shock 2, prey bioshock but this lacks soul entirely.

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #6,197 of 6,943
Control 6/10

It´s okay but dunno it feels so uninspired and dry. Very booring office building. Story there is so much text info to find but none that seem all that interesting. I very soon stopped reading them as it felt it would be 45 minutes reading 15 min playing per hour... I should like it more I loved system shock 2, prey bioshock but this lacks soul entirely.
Hard to believe. These devs create games with best stories by far. Did you played whole game?

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #6,198 of 6,943
Hard to believe. These devs create games with best stories by far. Did you played whole game?
What's so hard to believe? I also didn't like it, it's kinda interesting on paper but overall it's nothing special. I also didn't like Quantum Break but loved Alan Wake.

On another note, I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn but so far I'm not super impressed (i'm not talking about the PC performance that everyone complains about as I get around 50-60 frames and am fine with that), it's just kinda derivative - like playing one of the more recent Tomb Raider games in a different setting.

Also started playing Hellpoint and as a Souls fan I'm liking it so far. It has some technical issues but the devs seem to be working hard to resolve most of them and overall it's pretty entertaining for an indie game and has some interesting mechanics revolving around (pun intended) the positioning of the black hole in-game.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #6,199 of 6,943
What's so hard to believe? I also didn't like it, it's kinda interesting on paper but overall it's nothing special. I also didn't like Quantum Break but loved Alan Wake.

On another note, I started playing Horizon Zero Dawn but so far I'm not super impressed (i'm not talking about the PC performance that everyone complains about as I get around 50-60 frames and am fine with that), it's just kinda derivative - like playing one of the more recent Tomb Raider games in a different setting.

Also started playing Hellpoint and as a Souls fan I'm liking it so far. It has some technical issues but the devs seem to be working hard to resolve most of them and overall it's pretty entertaining for an indie game and has some interesting mechanics revolving around (pun intended) the positioning of the black hole in-game.
I like Alan Wake too, but i find it worse than Quantum Break. Dont know what it did better? Soundtrack and art direction should be it? Cause Stories are very interesting in both.

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #6,200 of 6,943
I like Alan Wake too, but i find it worse than Quantum Break. Dont know what it did better? Soundtrack and art direction should be it? Cause Stories are very interesting in both.
I guess I liked the more horror/mystery-oriented story. Quantum Break and Control are just third-person shooters with super powers and somewhat convoluted stories, while Alan Wake is more of a survival horror and I liked the flashlight mechanic and the limited ammo. The setting and overall premise was also more interesting IMO, but I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #6,201 of 6,943
I guess I liked the more horror/mystery-oriented story. Quantum Break and Control are just third-person shooters with super powers and somewhat convoluted stories, while Alan Wake is more of a survival horror and I liked the flashlight mechanic and the limited ammo. The setting and overall premise was also more interesting IMO, but I guess it's different strokes for different folks.
I see. Alan Wake was very atmospheric and just very enngaging that never lets you go. I think you should like Bioschock and Metro games cause those are also very atmospheric with Great storylines.

Aug 12, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #6,202 of 6,943
To be honest, I didn't stick with Control once I started it. I just got tired of it from the start. The stupid creepy vibe got tiring quickly. I maybe getting tired of Horizon Zero Dawn if it's repetitive. Will see.

I started getting bored of Last of us Remastered with repetitive silent take downs. Switched over to God of War. I wanted to finish up Last of Us Remastered so I can get into the sequel.

Once again, God of War (PS4), Amazin!

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #6,203 of 6,943
I see. Alan Wake was very atmospheric and just very enngaging that never lets you go. I think you should like Bioschock and Metro games cause those are also very atmospheric with Great storylines.
Yeah, I like the first Bioshock and the first Metro (I was a fan of the book long before the game). I don't know, there's just something about Alan Wake's story, which was very enticing and I really liked the Night Springs shows within the game. It's not because I'm only a horror fan or something, the game just clicked with me and I've finished it multiple times throughout the years.
To be honest, I didn't stick with Control once I started it. I just got tired of it from the start. The stupid creepy vibe got tiring quickly. I maybe getting tired of Horizon Zero Dawn if it's repetitive. Will see.

I started getting bored of Last of us Remastered with repetitive silent take downs. Switched over to God of War. I wanted to finish up Last of Us Remastered so I can get into the sequel.

I personally got tired of the gameplay. And yeah, Horizon might not be you cup of tea if you didn't like Last of Us. I like Last of Us because of the overall story and characters. I like stealth mechanics but Horizon does nothing for me. You see the enemy patterns, you just call the enemies to the tall grass and silent kill them and Aloy is not a very interesting character to me at least, but I'll reserve my judgment for after I finish the game.

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #6,204 of 6,943
I just finished the main story of control. That sphere and why I should care about what was in it I totally missed! That Dylan character I understand who he was but yes I didn´t pay enough attention obviously. As for Remedy max payne was awesome. Very simple and effective. Alan wake was quite good. Quantom Break was not entirely bad either. I would rate these higher then Control. I think I will stop here and not tidy things off

I lover the score to 5/10 I thought I was in the middle not at the end!

Aug 12, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #6,205 of 6,943
Squad. 10/10. Been playing it since early dev. Can't get enough of it, best tactical fps going by a country mile. 😎

Aug 12, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #6,206 of 6,943
I just finished the main story of control. That sphere and why I should care about what was in it I totally missed! That Dylan character I understand who he was but yes I didn´t pay enough attention obviously. As for Remedy max payne was awesome. Very simple and effective. Alan wake was quite good. Quantom Break was not entirely bad either. I would rate these higher then Control. I think I will stop here and not tidy things off

I lover the score to 5/10 I thought I was in the middle not at the end!

You did actually finish, right? Not the first ending with credits? :)

Aug 16, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #6,207 of 6,943
You did actually finish, right? Not the first ending with credits? :)
Got to second ending with credits. I don´t care if it´s a third :p

Aug 16, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #6,208 of 6,943
I’m playing Super Mega Baseball 3 quite a bit on my Switch, the best baseball game I’ve ever played, in my humble opinion.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #6,210 of 6,943

Horizon will be repetitive, as all games of this type are. You either enjoy the game or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back