Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jun 24, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #5,971 of 6,938
Shadow of War turned into one massive grind.

One enemy who beat me once, then retreated a second time got a huge level up boost. That caused him to become an overlord in a fort that is required to be taken. I was level 29, and he was level 55. On two failed attempts in combat with him, as overlord, he levelled up to 57. He has curse weapons, and 'no chance', at second chance. Meaning one hit kills (of level 5? character, and my level 29 character. Then no second chance, when he one shots me.

Anyway, I went off to grind. I am now level 52, with some good gear equipped. It wasn't all grind, because there were other main quests to do.

However SoW, is a grind arena and no doubt about that. It's a bit 70% love, and 30% hate, relationship with this game. Grinding captains is a blast. However it feels purposeless. I mean you even forget the main characters in the main story. Basically because you are doing endless side quests to kill captains.

With 110 hours in SoW, I think it qualifies me to rate it. Probably 7/10, but a blast! .................. It depends what you want. I have been stuck in five maps, for 110 hours. Bored now.

110 hours, and maybe 15 hours in main quest. Should have been 10 hours in main quest, but they put a hell of hard captain, at the end of Act 1. Took me six hours to complete that quest.

Whereas Shadow of Mordor; I loved it.

Rating for Shadow Warrior 2. Right now I hate it. 2/10. Only played 7 hours though, so need to give it more time. Seven hours in three weeks says it all though.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #5,973 of 6,938
83% complete in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Sixty-six hours played.

Some folk say it gets repetitive. I can kind of see where that comes from, but I do not find it repetitive. I like it too much.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #5,974 of 6,938
Late to the party but Hellblade - Senua’s Sacrifice is bloody fantastic! Love the Norse theme, the storytelling and a mindblowing binaural sound production which is basically made for great headphones.

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #5,979 of 6,938
Playerunknown's battlegrounds on PC (PUBG) 8/10

If you like FPS games and challenge then go for this one. Super fun and competitive MMOFPS battle royal type game, definitely has great potential but imo still probably needs years of honing to become a superb game.

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #5,980 of 6,938
Playerunknown's battlegrounds on PC (PUBG) 8/10

If you like FPS games and challenge then go for this one. Super fun and competitive MMOFPS battle royal type game, definitely has great potential but imo still probably needs years of honing to become a superb game.
isn't that the truth... Been playing it for Xbox for a while now and I feel like it still needs a lot of polish. For how much fun I have with it I give it a 10/10. BUT for the actual quality fo the game its self, more like a 7 or 8/10

Jul 23, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #5,983 of 6,938
Metal Gear Solid 5.

It's a joke right...

OK I need to play more before I really judge. Not keen at all so far. Honestly though:
  • credits after every mission
  • clunky mechanics
  • have to reset sights view, every game start-up
  • talk down the nose female, I don't know - narrator. Literally talking down her nose to make it sound super-smooth
  • seriously far damn too much crackly horrid radio chatter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back