Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jan 1, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #5,851 of 6,977
I've been playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild lately, and I got to say, excellent production efforts. The visuals are just simply breath taking, although it's on the anime/cartoony(which I really like as it has it's particular aesthetic qualities, and I prefer the form of creative expression than reality, visual style is just breath taking!) side than reality, but the environmental effects are quite realistic along with the free to roam aspects to it, the weather/time changes, brings about more dimensional feel to the Zelda world. I initially thought all this degree of freedom(dimensions) will be detrimental and become more like western RPGs, and Zelda would not be much distinguished. Well, that's not the case, Zelda still retains the classic Japanese/Nintendo elements with updated visuals. I didn't like where MGS was headed with the 5, with the greater degree of freedom, but for Zelda, works just fine(or they handled it superbly).

Many companies really need to learn from top developers of Nintendo on what are real engaging gameplay, and engaging doesn't require the highest graphic visuals. Also, quality control of intellectual properties, , etc..

9.5/10 Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #5,853 of 6,977
Life Is Strange (PS4) - Been meaning to get this game for a long a time. A very unique experience, never played a game like this before and I must say liked it alot, had a nice plot twist at the end which I really didn't see coming.

8,5/10

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #5,856 of 6,977
I found my old copy of Oblivion(x360) from my parents attic, turns out it works on my xbox one.
So much better than Skyrim. Recommend! 10/10

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #5,857 of 6,977
Rainbow Six Siege - the game has really matured. Feels balanced, devs continue to improve it, community isn't too toxic, and the gameplay is pure cat-and-mouse, single-life, and no room for mistakes. 10/10 for fans of CS:Go, Insurgency, old school R6, early Ghost Recon it scatches that itch.

I have arguably more relaxing (Euro Truck Sim) and beautiful games (Witcher 3), but playing against skilled (not always) human opponents makes it addictive.

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #5,858 of 6,977
Prey 9/10. If the monsters would actually manage to scare it would be 10/10.

Don´t confuse it with the old Prey it has absolutely nothing incommon. Gameplay wise it´s layed out very much like System Shock 2. You have an entire space stations mysteries to resolve and of course you are not alone. Game is entirely optimized for gamepads so don´t even bother trying to run it with mouse/keyboard it will frustrate. But PC is the recommended platform.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #5,859 of 6,977
I found my old copy of Oblivion(x360) from my parents attic, turns out it works on my xbox one.
So much better than Skyrim. Recommend! 10/10

You should see Oblivion with mods. Skyrim too, that whole franchise really. It is insane how much the community has expanded and improved upon those games.

Rainbow Six Siege - the game has really matured. Feels balanced, devs continue to improve it, community isn't too toxic, and the gameplay is pure cat-and-mouse, single-life, and no room for mistakes. 10/10 for fans of CS:Go, Insurgency, old school R6, early Ghost Recon it scatches that itch.

I don't think Siege scratches the tactical itch that the classic Rainbow Six games scratch, where one mistake can doom the entire mission easily so you'd have to spend more time planning a larger mission in the pre-mission planning screen than any individual attempt at the mission. Not to mention the ability to assign soldiers to three teams (or four in Rogue Spear I believe) and play as any one of them, equip everyone as you desire, and all the content in Rainbow Six 3 with its expansions: 64 weapons unmodded, 34 maps unmodded but mine has 83 maps thanks to mods (and many maps scale to larger sizes).

Prey 9/10. If the monsters would actually manage to scare it would be 10/10.

Don´t confuse it with the old Prey it has absolutely nothing incommon. Gameplay wise it´s layed out very much like System Shock 2. You have an entire space stations mysteries to resolve and of course you are not alone. Game is entirely optimized for gamepads so don´t even bother trying to run it with mouse/keyboard it will frustrate. But PC is the recommended platform.

What about mouse and keyboard frustrates you in the new Prey? I was never frustrated though I don't remember the mechanics in great detail anymore. It's an FPS, and mouse acceleration is either nonexistent or minimal, so it's much better with mouse and keyboard just for aiming accuracy. But yeah that game is definitely a spiritual successor to System Shock 2, not the original Prey (it is nearly the opposite of the original Prey).

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #5,860 of 6,977
Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn including The Frozen Wilds and got all the trophies, took me about 95 hours. This really is a fantastic game and a good reason to get a PS4 if you're at all interested in open world games.

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #5,862 of 6,977
Dirt Rally on Steam is my go to game these days. The sound is pretty good in surround. Love hearing the engine behind me in mid engine cars. The longer I play the better it feels.
I especially like the difficulty of the stages and the tension that it brings, one damn treetrunk or bump can mess up your whole stage.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #5,864 of 6,977
Legend of Zelda : 9/10
Minecraft (Modded) 8/10
Assassins Creed Origins 7.5/10
Dragon Ball Fighterz: TBD

Truth be told, I've been so frustrated with gaming. I want to play games but they always turn out to be greedy. I have the witcher 3 also but haven't really started it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back