Rate the video games you're currently playing
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #5,806 of 6,937
Battlerite

Top down arena game
Basically league of legends/dota without the laning phase and just the battle phase
All attacks/skills are aimed clicks or skillshots(even auto attacks)
The characters are fairly balanced
It's $19.99 on steam right now and I don't believe it's worth that price
You can get it for $13.99 on Greenmangaming or wait until it goes free to play. People are assuming it's going free to play at the end of this year
I play it as my relax game when I take a break from Street Fighter V, CS:GO, and Overwatch

8/10
Core gameplay mechanics are great
Lacking in a bit of content and game modes
Could use more characters

May 1, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #5,807 of 6,937
Day of Infamy - 8/10 - small independent tactical FPS. Can get extremely visceral, even with its dated Source engine. Actually, I like that its in source, it is gives it a 'classic' feel. Once and while you have these matches, where you actually feel you are in a firefight, with covering fire, strategic retreats, room clearing. Very lethal, quite bloody, and a lot of fun for those that enjoy games like Day of Defeat, Red Orchestra, Insurgency, etc.

CS:Go - 9/10 - still gets a ton of gametime. Feels like you are actually playing a sport, or something akin too. In competitive, because of proper ELO matching, you get players who are actually playing as a team and communicating. Surprised I'm not tired of this, maybe its time to try Overwatch!

Battlefield 1 - fun factor 7/10 - audio and graphics 10/10 - this game is perhaps not as finely balanced as I would like. it can be overall too chaotic, but once and while it comes together. I really enjoy being immersed in its graphics and audio, but prefer a more methodical, and tactical gameplay. It can be a ton of fun though. Operations is stilla pain to join, so hopefully they fix this.

FTL - 8.5/10 - love Rogue-like, and this can be quite a challenging title. Its great micro-managing your little ship, and outfitting it for its journey. Still a great game after all these years.

Far Cry 2 - so far 8/10. This is almost 10 years old, but wow, the graphics still are very good. I've played both FC3, and FC4, and this is a much grittier affair. Not sure if it is quite Fun™, but it is very impressive. Enemy AI is a bit too laser-like in their aiming.

Scanner Sombre - the new game from Introversion, makes of Prison Architect and Defcon. What a novel idea for a game. It isn't too expensive, and it looks like it will be a short. Worth it for being able to use a real-time LIDAR tool explore a cave system in pitch-black. https://www.introversion.co.uk/scannersombre/

Last edited:
May 8, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #5,808 of 6,937
I finally played F.E.A.R., and just finished it. This game does the best job at making shooting people a work of art, seriously. It is said that this 2005 shooters is more technologically advanced than the majority of AAA shooters in some of the most important ways for a shooter, namely AI, physics, ragdolls, sound effects, particles, and also quantity of dynamic lights/shadows, water, reflections. Anyone who likes shooters must play F.E.A.R.

May 10, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #5,809 of 6,937
I liked the whole Fear series; Fear (1 plus both expansions). Fear 2 and even 3. I was looking at my library for something to play yesterday and thought, "Hmmm, Fear 2 very good game."

I definitely recommend the Fear (1) expansions though. They literally follow on like the next frame in a film. More of the same, and different. Sad they had a bug that causes frame stuttering; (at least it's there on the CD versions). Or I'd be tempted to try them again.

I started Homefront: The Revolution as it's on sale right now. I love it. Very Far Cry 3, and 4, but set in the city. However because it's set in the city it's kind of better for being different. (The graphics are very good so the city looks great. Not just a few bits of rubble and rubbish. It's a proper living fairly war torn city. It's bit easier than Far Cry 3/4, but each area presents slightly different challenges. You have to work out a tactic to secure a foothold, so you have some safe part of the map.) Bizzarre that it has such negative reviews for it when you like it as much as I do.

I like it because it has good guns, looks good, and doesn't hassle the player with loads of cut-scenes. My only gripe is performance. I have it on maximum settings, and it maxes out all four cores of my i5-4690 CPU. When it does this fairly often, performance dips under 60 fps, and stuttering occurs. V-sync on or off makes no difference. Anyway considering I will likely finish it even in this state. I think that's says a lot for the game.

My CPU options with Homefront: The Revolution are, either buy a 4790K, which is pricey, or buy a new Motherboard, CPU and RAM. However this game aside I think my next gaming CPU should have more than four cores. I think even top end Intel four cores are gradually coming to end for gaming. I mean Assassin's Creed Syndicate maxed out my CPU as well. I have to have all background apps like a web browser, all off to get more out of the CPU.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #5,810 of 6,937
I am playing Persona 5 since few weeks ago and i have to say that it was a pretty amazing games. The city is bigger than on Persona 4 and there are lot of things that we could do here. Enjoying life as Japanese students, eating different foods. You should really try it if you love JRPG games. I would give score 9.5 for the game.

Have anyone tried Prey? Looking Pewdiepie played it and it sounds good.

May 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #5,811 of 6,937
I haven't played Prey yet, but the general consensus is that it is good and bears resemblance to some past titles like System Shock 2.

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #5,815 of 6,937
^ And that's why the game has died already. They didn't satisfy their own fan base sadly. If people want StarCraft 2, they'll play StarCraft 2 (its player count suggests that much).

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #5,816 of 6,937
I played Putrefaction 2: The Void Walker, right up until the last boss which I can't beat. maybe 5.5/10. It's OK, but for £4 and only maybe 4.5 hours long it's not much of a game really. It's kind of like Serious Sam 2 mixed with Necrovision in places.

I found it often generic. However sometimes I liked its inventiveness in level design: it went off world. ...... It's also I think a one person developed game, and for that it deserves a higher score. Maybe 6.7/10....It also had a game-breaking bug that the developer fixed immediately when I reported it; very classy developer.

Sadly it lacks from low quality enemy textures. Then picks up with some good looking areas in the level design. (I am thinking of the grassy areas.) It can also be hard wok, and needs to be played on normal I guess. I think I will go from hard > normal, to try beat the last boss.

Also I am playing Deadfall Adventures. The is one aspect about this game that never actually got mentioned in any of the reviews I read. It's just 'boring'. You plod along at such a slow pace. Go into a room, figure out a puzzle to open the exit door. Same next room. Then shoot a few boring enemies. New room with puzzle. Anon. Not even the good set designs and reasonable graphics can save it. I have been pulling myself along playing it. Yeah I mean when I start up Steam, I think of it and play, but only very slowly.

(By the way, I am struggling with the new website. Can anyone please tell me how to start a new thread.)

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #5,819 of 6,937
I just completed the demo for Dishonoured 2. It took me 10.9 hours on Steam. It's actually the first three levels of the game, and there are nine in total in the game. Meaning about one third of the game is available in the demo, probably.

Anyway, I liked it a lot, and finishing each level was a great feeling. Why it took so long was because I was searching out all the runes and bonecharms for upgrading.

This however is a double edged sword. The upgrade stuff was only available in the second and third level. The first level was stunning looking and the graphics and sets were top notch. The second level wasn't quite as good looking. However what I found was that I felt overburdened by the number of runes and bonecharms to find. By the end of the level I realised that the missions were low in number. The time was taken seeking out the collectibles for upgrading. At fist I felt weighted down by it. However as you just progress on with the level, everything all slips into place. ..Eventually I used a guide to find the last rune that I could not work out how to obtain.

Being so completionist and searching every corner meant I discovered all the side quests. Plus found most of the coin and valuable items. That meant, that at the end of the level my stats were good for quests. Meaning it all made sense.

Starting the next level felt the same. OMG so many bonecharms and runs popping up. (Thinking, "I am bound to miss some ro just give up on some.") However that level fell in, just like the previous. Searching everywhere earned me lots of loot.

The beauty of the game though is that I didn't find searching boring. Since it looks so good, searching everywhere just happened for me. I was totally content to look everywhere and didn't really give it a second thought. Other than be surprised by how much searching I was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back