Rate the video games you're currently playing
Sep 29, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #5,236 of 6,937
Diablo 3:Ultimate Evil Edition: Didn't like this game at the beginning it just made me want to play path of exile.I am into the second act with a wizard right now and am enjoying it.I have to set a time limit otherwise I will lose track of time.

All the awesome pc games that are coming this year make me wish I started saving for my build earlier.

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #5,238 of 6,937
I'm playing Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary, and have to say that I'm enjoying every second. The great music, nicely written plot, and fun gameplay make me wonder why it took me so long to give this series a try.  I can definitely see why the original was so revered. I'm looking forward to playing Halo 2 afterwards.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #5,239 of 6,937

I wasn't crazy about that game overall, but it has some of the most fluid, least flawed action gameplay mechanics ever.  Even better than Dark Messiah as far as melee combat goes.

I was not a big fan of the way dark messiah handled combat.
It was, for the most part, ok and fun, but the fact that you "have to" use certain types of atacks agianst certain types of enemies (like blackguards blocking flurry, getting hit by strong hits) was rather annoying for me.

In terms of combat my favorite game was ONI (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmNriloyQl4).

I would love game devs to make games with todays graphics and that system of combat with a good storyline.

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #5,240 of 6,937
  I was not a big fan of the way dark messiah handled combat.
It was, for the most part, ok and fun, but the fact that you "have to" use certain types of atacks agianst certain types of enemies (like blackguards blocking flurry, getting hit by strong hits) was rather annoying for me.

I like that aspect.  Helps separate it from simple hack and slash games and many works in the fantasy genre have a similar system.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #5,242 of 6,937
Currently replaying Metal Gear Solid series to remember things so I can finally get into The Phantom Pain, I need to tell this to everybody when I open my mouth about MGS.... play the goddam series right now, surely the first 2 games might have not aged very well and some aspects of it's gameplay you might find stupid today, hell even I did when I replayed it this last week, but just do it. JUST. DO IT.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #5,243 of 6,937
Currently replaying Metal Gear Solid series to remember things so I can finally get into The Phantom Pain, I need to tell this to everybody when I open my mouth about MGS.... play the goddam series right now, surely the first 2 games might have not aged very well and some aspects of it's gameplay you might find stupid today, hell even I did when I replayed it this last week, but just do it. JUST. DO IT.

I'm playing through The Phantom Pain right now and yeah, I agree that it's a great series. The first is probably still my favorite, though I prefer the controversial Twin Snakes as opossed to the Playstation version. By the way, play Metal Gear 1 and 2 on the MSX. You can play them on the HD/Legacy Collection, or emulate them. You won't regret it. Check out Ghost Babel as well if you decide you like the 2D games.

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #5,244 of 6,937
I'm playing through The Phantom Pain right now and yeah, I agree that it's a great series. The first is probably still my favorite, though I prefer the controversial Twin Snakes as opossed to the Playstation version. By the way, play Metal Gear 1 and 2 on the MSX. You can play them on the HD/Legacy Collection, or emulate them. You won't regret it. Check out Ghost Babel as well if you decide you like the 2D games.

replayed 2 & 3 in HD collection, I played MGS for first time ever in 2004, before the third one came out, I never liked the first one that much to be honest, even in 2004 it felt really aged, but still a great classic and a must play, just can't wait to get into phantom pain now

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #5,247 of 6,937

It's amazing how far things have come. MGS4 aged quite well, however. I bought it for PS3 last year for $4. Best four bucks I've ever spent.

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #5,248 of 6,937
It's amazing how far things have come. MGS4 aged quite well, however. I bought it for PS3 last year for $4. Best four bucks I've ever spent.

I don't agree.  MGS4 has similar clunky controls like the previous ones.  MGS5 is a considerable step-up in gameplay, and actually does a few things I've never seen before like the adaptive AI (although some fighting games might have it).

Oct 17, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #5,249 of 6,937
I don't agree.  MGS4 has similar clunky controls like the previous ones.  MGS5 is a considerable step-up in gameplay, and actually does a few things I've never seen before like the adaptive AI (although some fighting games might have it).

I'll give you that regarding the controls. It's no Uncharted, but I found it playable. I don't think I could play the older games.

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you play it?

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #5,250 of 6,937
I'll give you that regarding the controls. It's no Uncharted, but I found it playable. I don't think I could play the older games.

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you play it?

I played MGS4 in 2009 and 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back