Rate the video games you're currently playing
Sep 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #4,651 of 6,937
Wasteland 2 is amazing.  Definitely the best RPG of the year so far.  I've only played a few hours on Seasoned mode, I'm thinking I should have done Ranger since I have yet to be challenged.  Divinity: Original Sin was a challenge at first since I could fight much higher level enemies while still being at low level.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #4,653 of 6,937
Didnt see wasteland 2 before. 
Reminds me a bit of fallout tactics :D.

I might give it a try when the price drops a bit.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #4,654 of 6,937
  Didnt see wasteland 2 before. 
Reminds me a bit of fallout tactics :D.

I might give it a try when the price drops a bit.

Yeah that's what it's supposed to remind people of.  The original Wasteland inspired Fallout, and they were made by the same studio.  Wasteland 2 is made by many of the same people too, like Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone.

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #4,655 of 6,937
Been playing a lot of Divinity Original Sin as well - love the game - great strategy and very good story. A few flaws here and there and wish there was a better (clearer) crafting log but no flaws a quick wiki visit can't remedy.

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #4,656 of 6,937
I have 35 hours in Divinity: Original Sin, but there was no very good story to be found.  The writing definitely wasn't bad, but it was very thin/shallow, basic, and there was zero character development.  The game was great otherwise, but just because it's great doesn't mean the story is also great.  Maybe it opens up more, I'll find out when I replay it since a game breaking bug halted my progress and requires a game restart (that's what I get for playing on day one these days).

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #4,657 of 6,937
I restarted about 20 hours in due to poor character build decisions - too much overlap and not enough diversity and also because I missed a good bit (for example I missed the tutorial cave). One of the knocks for me is that the 'direction' is poor and you are left to stumble and bumble a bit and find things out for your self. With no way points or real guidance you can get bogged down or lost. On my replay I have read the dialogs much more carefully and paid greater attention and explored more and am finding much I missed initially but far and away the strategic battles are the best feature and the fact that they don't scale down to your level means you may easily find yourself in over your head. One thing I really like is the extent of the environmental effects. Never has something as simple as rain been a powerful spell - throw some lightning in it and shock/stun a whole section of the map or put out something on fire, also use fire/oil combo  and line of sight (smokescreen clouds) etc. really can provide a great batlle system.

Sep 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #4,658 of 6,937
  I restarted about 20 hours in due to poor character build decisions - too much overlap and not enough diversity and also because I missed a good bit (for example I missed the tutorial cave). One of the knocks for me is that the 'direction' is poor and you are left to stumble and bumble a bit and find things out for your self. With no way points or real guidance you can get bogged down or lost. On my replay I have read the dialogs much more carefully and paid greater attention and explored more and am finding much I missed initially but far and away the strategic battles are the best feature and the fact that they don't scale down to your level means you may easily find yourself in over your head. One thing I really like is the extent of the environmental effects. Never has something as simple as rain been a powerful spell - throw some lightning in it and shock/stun a whole section of the map or put out something on fire, also use fire/oil combo  and line of sight (smokescreen clouds) etc. really can provide a great batlle system.

Yeah I really like everything you mentioned there as well, including the lack of direction in the way that you describe.  I'm really glad the game doesn't hold my hand at all.  That's how most of the classic RPGs were, I like figuring things out on my own.  My character builds were pretty good on my first try, unlike my first D&D experience lol.

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,661 of 6,937
I am still playing TF2 because nothing better has come out since that game. It's more than game. It's a hat/conga/whatever simulator.

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #4,663 of 6,937
Played the Sims 4 over the weekend. The graphics are a lot better now IMO, although the Sims look a lot more cartoony. CAS and building houses are a lot easier now, and the house designer could practically be a simple architectural tool. CAS is also a lot easier to make Sims with, although it's sad CASt and pools were removed...

7/10 so far.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #4,664 of 6,937
Sep 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #4,665 of 6,937
What you didn't like about it? considering to buy it. 

If you have a PS4 like me then it is pretty much impossible to play online. There is a lag issue which means you can't even play single player when connected to the EA servers. It's shockingly bad and EA should know better.

Having said that, the gameplay, when you're not connected to the Internet, is a slight improvement over previous editions. Graphics and commentary are good too. I rated it low because of the online experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back