Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jun 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #1,024 of 6,937
Snoopy Flying Ace: 9/10. This game is pure fun and full of win! Flying in Paris while shooting Charlie Brown and company simply rocks. And the multiplayer is so addictive!

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #1,025 of 6,937
Halo: ODST. 7/10, judging it on its own. I picked it up for $20 CDN (new), and I would *never* have paid more than $30 for it. It's a competent shooter, no more. I like the addition of Firefight, only because that's a form of gameplay I've always enjoyed, and they do it well enough. Maybe the campaign will be interesting farther down the line, but for now, it's just your basic FPS stuff. I never understood how people could claim this game was better than Killzone 2...

Jun 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #1,026 of 6,937
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 9/10
NDS
If you like to watch those old detective shows from the 70s or 80s, this is like a mix of watching Rockford files or something and reading a mystery novel. It's very well written, and the main character is your usual scruffy, smart mouthed, no fear mid 20s ex cop. This game really surprised me, being for DS and all. The game is limited by what the DS can do, and it does get kinda long... a twitchy fast paced mayhem all around you fps this is not. But it's not "kiddy", and has a serious theme that deals with murder, back stabbing, and organized crime. It also has it's fair share of language mixed into the dialog very naturally, another surprise for DS. All in all, I'm blown away at how many great "Adult" games there are for DS, and this ones deserves to be at top.

Jun 29, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #1,027 of 6,937
BC2 8/10 initially.  Then extreme boredom sets in.  4/10 because it just gets really boring.

The Witcher 9/10, fantastic, hope Witcher 2 will be just as good.

Supreme Commander 2 8/10, very nicely done

Fallout 3, still can't get into it.  So maybe will rate if I ever can stand to play for more then 10 minutes before I say, bleh.

STALKER COP, 7/10, entertaining.

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #1,029 of 6,937
Dragon Age:Origins: 9/10. this game is HUGE, and very fun and keeps being interesting far beyond the first play through. Really awesome how big the world is and the story possibilities, and the combat is also very fun and interesting.

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #1,030 of 6,937
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands - 8/10. Great gameplay though gets a little predictable later on, not-so-shabby voice acting, decent graphics, score and overall it was a load of fun while it lasted. Ending was rather disappointing contrary to the climax presentation. A decent game otherwise spoiled by a wishy-washy ending.

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #1,031 of 6,937
Day of Defeat : Source (PC) 8.55/10
Went back to one of my favs. Very enjoyable WWII FPS shooter with a friendly online community (most of the time). I find myself jumping in and out of matches throughout the day for some quick action.

Left 4 Dead 2 (PC) 7.89/10
The most popular zombie-like game to date. I was kind of disappointed that the zombies had more of a 28 Days Later feel rather than a Dawn of the Dead feel. However the intense action keeps me coming back for more.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox360) 9.42/10
Great 2-D fighter game with over 50 characters ranging from the Marvel and Capcom universe with 3 vs. 3 tag team battles. Phew.
Lots of interesting teams on LIVE and quite a few good players online. I am still trying to find the best overall team without including the
top tier or "cheap" characters.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #1,032 of 6,937

Quote:
Fallout 3, still can't get into it.  So maybe will rate if I ever can stand to play for more then 10 minutes before I say, bleh.

i felt the same way about fallout 3.  some people love this game and have spent countless hours replaying it.  i barely got out of the vault before i got sick of it.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,033 of 6,937
Well it really depends on the player we have our perspective in a game like my friends they tend to like games like battlefield, cod which focus mainly on shooting yeah its awesome and gritty but for me i like to know about the story and make decision its like reading a book but not boring  its the perfect time waster.

to avoid OT just played supreme commander  2 was okay 8.5/10 i like this, better than RE3

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #1,034 of 6,937
Singularity (PC) - Pretty fun, if cookie-cutter. Your guns are infinitely more useful than your time/space-bending abilities, and you get plenty of ammo and upgrades. Enemies are fairly easy to defeat. 

Deadly Premonition (360) - A bit hard to get into, the game is a mixture of the old-school survival horror and adventure genres. Interesting, quirky characters and intriguing story, but the game mechanics can be really off-putting. You spend most of the game driving long distances and the enemies/dungeons aren't anything special. 

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #1,035 of 6,937
oo cool never saw this thread.
Been playing these since school ended. Some I stopped, some I still play.

Napoleon Total War - 8.5/10
Loving the actual battles. Campaign, not so much. Very confusing and hard to get into. Battling is exciting though. Great graphics and gameplay. No idea how campaign works however.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 8/10
Looks great. Game has very slow feel to it however. Buttons are not as responsive. Shooting is not as responsive. Movement is not as responsive. It is weighed down by too much to do. Plus, it kept crashing or I kept dying.

Split Second Velocity - 6/10
All you do is drift. That's the whole point of the game. Drift, then click a button and try to destroy your opponent. Very boring. Gave up after 15 minutes.

In Supreme Commander 2, I could not get out of the tutorial. Very slow, very boring. Too difficult to get into. Can't rate it since I didn't play it enough, but it shows something.

Counter Strike - 9.5/10
Everything is simple and responsive. Loving it. Always loved it. Graphics out of date though.

Sims 3 - 9/10
Crashes every once in a while, but still good. Everything feels more refined. Especially the Sims 3 Store and the expansions. Sometimes it gets slow and repetitive.

FallOut 3 was the same for me. It just felt so wrong. And I play all sorts of games.

Currently enjoying StarCraft 2. Waiting for the Beta or release before I can properly judge though. Beta is down currently. Sanakaku, you should really try it. I hate all C&C with a vengeance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back