Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 18, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #931 of 6,937
Well I don't see why BS franchise must take place in Rapture. It can be elsewhere w/ different, yet constraining from reeking too exorbitant, out of proportioned feels and touch to it. A company can always cook something up whenever compelled to do so. Blizz on Diablo franchise is one example. Diablo 3 comin' out possibly next year, that thing has been slayed twice already and they gonna make something up to bring it back to life once again w/ some sort of cult of worshipers or shamans or alike so it can be slayed for the 3rd time. We know D4 will eventually be made at some point in our lifetime and once again they will cook something to bring it back to life. My gist is an equal or better game can be made regardless of the story, settings, or mechanics from its precursor. For a full priced game the added creativity or the differential unique feel to it in BS2 was less marginal than w/ what the original had established and I think the metacritics somewhat echo my voice in parallel.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #932 of 6,937
UBISOFT DRM FAIL! Assassins Creed 2 PC version requires active online connection to play ALL THE TIME!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...35290&site=pcg

What is this bulls***? If I wouldnt own AC2 on Xbox360 already, I would boycott it and pirate if nothing else then just to give Ubisoft a big middlefinger. Actually I might still do it... What the hell are they thinking!?

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #933 of 6,937
just beat dante's inferno and other than the final boss id give the game a 8 out of 10, the final boss pretty much just sucks. its memorization of spammed attacks, and really doesnt take any skill. They should have made you actually use all those skills you aquired playing the game. I thought it really had hope after the fight with death at the beginning...

but dont take that as a reason not to buy it, its still way badass.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #935 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UBISOFT DRM FAIL! Assassins Creed 2 PC version requires active online connection to play ALL THE TIME!

PC Gamer Blog: Constant net connection required to play Assassin's Creed 2 on PC - PC Gamer Magazine

What is this bulls***? If I wouldnt own AC2 on Xbox360 already, I would boycott it and pirate if nothing else then just to give Ubisoft a big middlefinger. Actually I might still do it... What the hell are they thinking!?

It's called piracy. DRM and its ilk might suck, but then having people steal your work sucks too.

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #936 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's called piracy. DRM and its ilk might suck, but then having people steal your work sucks too.

The problem is DRM only punishes those who don't pirate the games.

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #937 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True, and doesnt really stop the piracy at all in the first place, because the pirates are always one step ahead. So i think that the only solution is for them to stop making pc games, which we've already seen start to happen. And im not calling you out specifically, just pc gamers in general, but you guys brought it on yourselves, too many of you decided you didnt want to pay for games and that instead you would torrent them to play for free, and now its coming back to bite you in the proverbial @ss.

Thats probably also the reason that IW didnt care when the fans complained about MW2 not having all the features they were used too, because they knew they werent going to sell very many copies, and because im sure the port they did didnt cost too much money so they figured they might as well release it but not add too many features, that would have cost to much money.

but all that is just how i feel
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #938 of 6,937
Quote:

Don't get mad at the game companies. Get mad at the people who steal games and make it possible for other people to do so. If there were no piracy, there'd be no DRM.

Last comment on the subject, as I don't want to derail an otherwise great thread. Apologies folks...

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #939 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm playing through Borderlands, and I love how silly yet serious it is. Plus the never get the same weapon twice thing is pretty awesome.

What do you think of the DLC available? Seems everytime I fire up my 360 dashboard, there's new Borderlands DLC to download.

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #940 of 6,937
Quote:

Don't get mad at the game companies. Get mad at the people who steal games and make it possible for other people to do so. If there were no piracy, there'd be no DRM.

No, I place the blame squarely on the game companies. The decline in the number of quality games? Sure you could make a case against the pirates for that, but DRM? It has been demonstrated time and time again to have no effect except to annoy people who actually paid their hard-earned money on the game.

Not that my opinion matters much in this case anyways, as I wouldn't buy AC2 regardless of the DRM; the first one was just plain awful. I'll spend my money elsewhere.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #941 of 6,937
Quote:

No, I place the blame squarely on the game companies. The decline in the number of quality games? Sure you could make a case against the pirates for that, but DRM? It has been demonstrated time and time again to have no effect except to annoy people who actually paid their hard-earned money on the game.

The online Steam-esque anti-piracy methods are going to become more the norm than the exception before long. So, yes, it does have an effect when done in this method. I could be wrong but I don't recall any piracy problems with a Steam-enabled game. At least no severe ones.

(okay, I lied. this is the last one
atsmile.gif
)

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #942 of 6,937
Quote:

What do you think of the DLC available? Seems everytime I fire up my 360 dashboard, there's new Borderlands DLC to download.

zombie island and the secret armory of general knoxx is pretty fun and worth it. haven't played mad moxxi that much yet becuase i just got xbox live.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #943 of 6,937
Heavy Rain: 7.5/10

Okay, I'm not playing this game, but I'm watching my roommmate play it, which is close enough for this game.

The story is pretty good and has kept me interested. There are moments at which my roommate and I find ourselves holding our breaths and actually pretty tense. Everything about the game works very well, but there are some minor issues that annoy the hell out of me.

First off, the facial animations just seem off. I know this is a common problem for most games, but it is a glaring problem in this game because it is conversation and close up heavy. With the facial animations are other graphical and texture issues. Some things, like atmosphere, are rendered beautifully and pretty realistic, while some objects like, a blanket, just look like bad and made of construction paper.

I know this game was made in Europe and set in America. I'm fine with that, but the voices are pretty bad. This might be my own problem, but the way that the a particular character shouts his son's name irked me. It didn't sound natural and I think they should have used American voice actors just in the same way that I think Americans voice actors shouldn't put on a fake British accents.

I'm being overly sensitive and critical. Hell, I stayed up till 5 in the morning because I needed to know how everything finishes. Heavy Rain is a great game, a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant pool of sequels and rip offs.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #944 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heavy Rain: 7.5/10

Okay, I'm not playing this game, but I'm watching my roommmate play it, which is close enough for this game.

The story is pretty good and has kept me interested. There are moments at which my roommate and I find ourselves holding our breaths and actually pretty tense. Everything about the game works very well, but there are some minor issues that annoy the hell out of me.

First off, the facial animations just seem off. I know this is a common problem for most games, but it is a glaring problem in this game because it is conversation and close up heavy. With the facial animations are other graphical and texture issues. Some things, like atmosphere, are rendered beautifully and pretty realistic, while some objects like, a blanket, just look like bad and made of construction paper.

I know this game was made in Europe and set in America. I'm fine with that, but the voices are pretty bad. This might be my own problem, but the way that the a particular character shouts his son's name irked me. It didn't sound natural and I think they should have used American voice actors just in the same way that I think Americans voice actors shouldn't put on a fake British accents.

I'm being overly sensitive and critical. Heavy Rain is a great game, a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant pool of sequels and rip offs.

I want to play heavy rain so bad, like im about to go buy a PS3 just to play it.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #945 of 6,937
I bought COD MW II just for the multi-player experience...both online and offline.
I love getting together with my buds and sitting in front of the big screen playing multiplayer split screen. Love that format. Reminds me of my James Bond Agent Under Fire multiplayer days.
COD MW II has great scenarios for this. 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back