Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 8, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #916 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You thinking of tossing an iL stick in a TE body? That's a bit of a pain, though doable if you're willing to mess around. Sanwa parts are generally a better drop-in fit, though if you don't like jap sticks, you don't like jap sticks. I did convert my sister to a jap stick after I got her a bat-top for her ls3201. Maybe try that first? It's the cheapest option.

Yeah, I was doing a little research last night and I'll probably end up putting in an octo-gate and bat top. Putting in an iL stick is really more trouble than it's worth. Installing Happ buttons aren't THAT bad, but I'll probably prefer the Sanwa anyways since they're very sensitive.

Feb 8, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #917 of 6,937
Fairly impressed with ME:2 so far. Aside from the obnoxious ammo system (at least it's unfair in Hardcore/Insanity) and the extremely annoying cover system, I found it to be well done. I do miss the Mako trips, but the side quests were still interesting, if only slightly varied. Though I might have missed something(s), since, to make a long story short, I don't have a playthrough with Mass Effect 1 on my Live account. I'm going to try it on my original account to see if I missed anything *crosses fingers for a Wrex cameo* Oh, and I love how Tali is the new Liara (stuttering and adorable possible love interest). [spoilers]But I'm extremely miffed that after all that buildup, you still don't get to see her face[/spoilers]

Sidenote: Mordin Solus is, without a doubt, the best acted and written character in the game.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #918 of 6,937
I am having fun playing mw2. I would give it a 8/10. It would get higher but the glitches that are being exploited make it down right unplayable at times. Almost a prestige 7. Hopefully the next patch takes care of the last of the seriously anoying glitches so the last few prestiges goes a little smoother.

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #919 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[spoilers]But I'm extremely miffed that after all that buildup, you still don't get to see her face[/spoilers]

*spoilers continue*

Want to see the truth? Here:

http://i50.tinypic.com/10cvns6.jpg

biggrin.gif

In any case, I applauded Bioware. What a tease, managed to please "talimancers" while keeping the secret intact. Hopefully in ME3 we finally see her without mask. If not, that would be just plain annoying.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #921 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*spoilers continue*

Want to see the truth? Here:

http://i50.tinypic.com/10cvns6.jpg

biggrin.gif

In any case, I applauded Bioware. What a tease, managed to please "talimancers" while keeping the secret stayed intact. Hopefully in ME3 we finally see her without mask. If not, that would be just plain annoying.

Bwahahahaha. I saw that coming.

And yes, subduing my annoyance, they did a great job with it. I guess I just can't help being a sucker for the skittish and adorable ones, even IRL.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #922 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bwahahahaha. I saw that coming.

And yes, subduing my annoyance, they did a great job with it. I guess I just can't help being a sucker for the skittish and adorable ones, even IRL.

Same here.

If interested, check out this thread for more truths about Tali. Browsed this thread through today and was at tears the whole time. Couldnt stop laughing.

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Feb 8, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #923 of 6,937
Star Wars - KotOR - 9.2/10

First time I'm actually playing this. Picked it up from a store for 10€, remembering I read somewhere that it is good. The stories and the atmosphere is so indulging that I'm realizing once again that I've played way past the time I was supposed to go to bed. Only negative I would say is that the party members keep on blocking annoyingly, and being an ex WoW player I hate the fact that I can't walk where I click. Other than that, very good game.

(It's surprisingly hard to play an evil character!)

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #924 of 6,937
GTA IV... 7/10... It´s been done to death already. the mini games doesn´t work and Vice City was a lot more fun! GTA IV is trying to be more serious Mafia but can´t get up to the same standards.

Dragon Age Origins. Far far from finishing it but if the first 20h is something to go by I would say with a better game engine it would get a 10/10.

It´s still the cliched you are the chosen one to save the world story but it´s so well represented it doesn´t really matter. The combat is fun and works. Superb interface (pc version) and very well polished... Hugely addicting I have to force myself to stop playing... I am kind of scared what will become of me when they release the old republic that will never ever end
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #925 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Star Wars - KotOR - 9.2/10

First time I'm actually playing this. Picked it up from a store for 10€, remembering I read somewhere that it is good. The stories and the atmosphere is so indulging that I'm realizing once again that I've played way past the time I was supposed to go to bed. Only negative I would say is that the party members keep on blocking annoyingly, and being an ex WoW player I hate the fact that I can't walk where I click. Other than that, very good game.

(It's surprisingly hard to play an evil character!)

It's a real shame that we'll never get a proper KOTOR 3. Do pick up the second KOTOR if you have the opportunity. Though, you'll want to make sure to install stoney's restoration mod, as it does enhance the game to quite a degree.

Feb 14, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #926 of 6,937
BS2, singleplayer wise 7.5/10. Felt like more of the same. W/ the exception of a few nice surprises I won't spoil for those of who playing it right now, a lot of stuff were straight out of the box imported from the 1st game. A 10-hour expansion pack might have sounded better. Some of you may say otherwise but I paid 50 bucks and that's how I feel as a consumer... As a successor incremental changes or improvements they added didn't feel as prominent as what were added in AC2.

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #927 of 6,937
Mass Effect 7.5/10 Overall it's a good game, but it seems "incomplete" like they spent a lot of time in creating a vaste and detailed set up, then finished the game in a hurry all those planets to explore, different alien races...and all you can do on them is to clean some dungeons which are exactly the same except for some furniture ?

The main story however is quite good, well acted and interesting coupled with the solid combat system it keeps the game enjoyable, but the shallowness of the quests, even the primary ones, is still evident.

What i liked is that it kinda reminds me a bit of the original KoToR series, i know that it would be difficult to emulate such a masterpiece, but i expected a lot more after the first hours of ME...

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #928 of 6,937
Just finished BioShock 2, I loved the first one and loved the second. The second felt just right to me, with some nice touches, though I felt it could have been a bit longer and the ending could have been more extravagant.
8/10 from me.
Also, I don't think a sequel could have been done without it being 'more of the same' as if you changed Rapture a lot, it wouldn't really be Rapture anymore. I think it was spot on with feeling like you're in the same world as the first, and it's exactly what I wanted. I played the first again before the second, and you know when you finish a game and just want more? Well for me, BS2 was that 'more' exactly, with being enough the same and enough different.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #929 of 6,937
I only just picked up a PS3 recently, so I've been playing catch up, and recently got Siren: Blood Curse. I haven't actually finished it, but I'm past half way through and not entirely sure how I feel about it. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact I'm playing it as a full game, not as the 'episodes' were released at the time; yet I'm not sure the format would work even then.

Survival horror seems a bizarre genre to implement this kind of format, and it's not helped by slow plot development, shallow characters and repetition. There are levels, such as one in a hospital where the player is forced into the role of a young girl, which seem to shine even with the limitations of being a downloadable title, pushing the player into a helpless position in an enclosed environment; but ultimately the final product feels unsatisfying and tedious.

To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed, but I'll end up finishing it, if only because each chapter is so short.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #930 of 6,937
Assassin's Creed 2 - 7.5/10. Meh, it's okay. I've played it for about 6-7 hours but I probably won't carry on now. It just seems very tedious.

Bioshock - 7.8/10. Looks great, nice sense of atmosphere but like Ass 2 I probably won't finish it. There's something about it that I just don't like and I really don't feel like playing it.

Bayonetta - 8/10. Best out of the 3 360 games I rented from lovefilm after not using the console for a long time. Awesome combat with a surprising amount of combos, and the cutscenes are hilarious if you don't take them seriously.

Mount and Blade - 9/10. Holy crap, what a surprise this was. Bought it for £4 off Steam, the game looks like it was made in 2002 with a £10 budget. Some graphic mods and high resolution textures sorted that problem out to an extent, but still. The quests are pretty repetative and it's pretty basic, but the combat is damn good. Massive battles, set in time period I particularly like with the weapons I enjoy using, is just endless fun. I just wish there was more depth to it, and some better faction management would go a long long way - it could be amazing. Luckily the game is highly moddable, the devs support modding completely.

Team Fortress 2 - 10/10. Suppose this doesn't count because it's a multiplayer game, but it's definitely the best online FPS there is. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back