Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 26, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #6,901 of 6,929
I got too deep into MH series, and went backwards, played World, and then Rise, and now playing MH Generation Ultimate from 3DS days. Very fun. I have no interest in DD2. I tried it for an hr, and then refunded. Feels unfinished, and never been into DD.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #6,902 of 6,929
I got too deep into MH series, and went backwards, played World, and then Rise, and now playing MH Generation Ultimate from 3DS days. Very fun. I have no interest in DD2. I tried it for an hr, and then refunded. Feels unfinished, and never been into DD.

Yeah MH Series is amazing. Damn I got over 1000h in the series.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #6,903 of 6,929
Unicorn Overlord has taken all my time lately.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #6,904 of 6,929
I finished FF7 Remake (again) then FF7 Rebirth and now back to FF16 Postgame in preparation for the DLC

FF7 Rebirth Story was great but the postgame unfortunately quite bad.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #6,905 of 6,929
I'm not going to rate it, because I honestly can't say how much fun it is...but Vampire Survivor is horrifically addicting. On the 'one more game' scale it's a 9.5 out of 10.

I liked the game at first, but it started to feel like a huge waste of time. Then I realised it's because it was made by a guy who used to work in the gambling industry, just a dopamine milking slot machine. There's a recent game called "Balatro" that works the same way, just drains you of your dopamine leaving you with an empty feeling... quite sinister IMO.

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #6,906 of 6,929
Last Epoch - 8/10. The base is there for a great game, and I'm sure it will be at least 9/10 once more end game content is added 👌

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #6,907 of 6,929
Been playing Dragon's Dogma 2. Having waited over a decade for it, my hopes were sky-high. I played through the original on PS3, then Dark Arisen on PS3, then played it through endlessly on PC. Even put a good amount of time on the Switch version. I had pretty much squeezed every bit of entertainment out of that game, so a new game was long overdue.

DD2 has faced a fair bit of criticism, some deservedly, and some largely overblown. I think arguably the biggest criticism it's faced is the microtransactions, and to me, this has been making mountains out of molehills. The in-game purchases amount to nothing more than "boosters", yet people are acting like they are somehow game breaking. It's literally just stupid stuff like wake stones, port crystals, and character transformation items; all of which are plentiful in game.

The bigger issue with the game is performance, particularly on PC. In city areas it runs very poorly, and it's straight-up not leveraging any of your hardware. Even on my 5600X3D, a 6-core CPU, I'm only getting about 70% usage, with my GPU being at about 50%. Utterly unacceptable. Thankfully, outside of towns the game runs pretty decently. Things like DLSS are broken, but FSR looks good if you need the upscale, and running natively isn't super demanding.

So with that out of the way, I'm absolutely loving the game. The world is huge and sprawling, with things to do at every fork in the road. There are deep reworks to the combat system that changes the way it feels, and I don't think I can ever go back to the first game. I'm slightly annoyed with traversal, as the physics-based movement gets a little weird with steps and small cliffs, but I can largely overlook that.

There's mostly the same creatures from the previous game, but they've got some tweaks to them, opening up new strategies for downing them. It really makes experimenting in combat a lot of fun.

Not super far in yet, about 16 hours or so, but so far I'm really enjoying my time with the game. If they can hammer out the technical issues, this will likely be my game of the year.

20240325143206_1.jpg
20240324180133_1.jpg
Yes. It's outrage. As if these people never even played the first game.

The bigger issue is absolutely the poor optimization as CPU are crippling. This will take a time to iron out.
the game was likely rushed out to meet the end of the fiscal year for Capcom.

The game is impressively nextgen and easily GOTY.

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #6,908 of 6,929
Yes. It's outrage. As if these people never even played the first game.

The bigger issue is absolutely the poor optimization as CPU are crippling. This will take a time to iron out.
the game was likely rushed out to meet the end of the fiscal year for Capcom.

The game is impressively nextgen and easily GOTY.

With how poorly the game leverages hardware, it would be humorous if it wasn't so frustrating. This is maxed settings at 4k-like resolution.
20240324111519_1.jpg

It's like both the CPU and GPU are waiting patiently for the other to do something.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #6,909 of 6,929
With how poorly the game leverages hardware, it would be humorous if it wasn't so frustrating. This is maxed settings at 4k-like resolution.
20240324111519_1.jpg

It's like both the CPU and GPU are waiting patiently for the other to do something.
Yup. With 4090/i9 crawling to 60FPS, there's some serious resource management they need to sort.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #6,911 of 6,929
Playing Helldivers 2 and just started Horizon Forbidden West on the PC.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #6,913 of 6,929
Played MHW for 1000 hours but didn't like mh rise. Instead I started playing elden ring for 150+ hours.

I'm really bummed out about Elden Ring, the world seems interesting and the atmosphere is nice, but it's just too difficult and stressful to play with the limited free time I have. I get my ass kicked by every enemy type, also don't like reading guides just to advance in a game. Might try an easy mode mod at some point.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #6,914 of 6,929
I'm really bummed out about Elden Ring, the world seems interesting and the atmosphere is nice, but it's just too difficult and stressful to play with the limited free time I have. I get my ass kicked by every enemy type, also don't like reading guides just to advance in a game. Might try an easy mode mod at some point.

Yeah I played dark souls 3 before so i am quite familiar. This type of game requires practice and to make it easier you could use some op weapons.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #6,915 of 6,929
Played MHW for 1000 hours but didn't like mh rise. Instead I started playing elden ring for 150+ hours.
Rise got simplified a lot to work as "on the go" game for the switch.

The battle system is by far the best Iteration of any Monster Hunter. So many cool additions and improvements. Even though Worlds slower pace gave Single Hits a better feeling of impact.
It also has the coolest Monster roster imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back