Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #14,116 of 24,635

It's getting serious reviews, how about 97% on Rottentomatoes 59 critic reviews and serious oscar consideration.  Watched the critic on CBS Sunday morning state that 3D version was mind blowing.  I think I will see this at the IMAX in 3D.  I was skeptical as well but heavy hitting critics are going nuts about this.

I'm waiting for the audience reviews.  There are a lot of movies where the critics are all going crazy, but the general audience isn't particularly enthusiastic, and then there are movies with the opposite figures.
That decides whether I'll watch the movie in cinema or at home. Good audience rating --> watch in cinema. Otherwise its a thinking movie, or maybe a serious one, so I'll watch at home.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #14,117 of 24,635
I've heard that the sound you hear in the trailer is only for the trailer. In the movie it's silent, other than the astronauts. I hope that's the case.

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #14,118 of 24,635

I'm waiting for the audience reviews.  There are a lot of movies where the critics are all going crazy, but the general audience isn't particularly enthusiastic, and then there are movies with the opposite figures.
That decides whether I'll watch the movie in cinema or at home. Good audience rating --> watch in cinema. Otherwise its a thinking movie, or maybe a serious one, so I'll watch at home.

It's pretty obvious for me that Gravity will be a hit among critics and audiences. And it is a movie with spectacular ( as they say) special effects which means that watching it in cinema won't hurt at all ( especially at the IMAX 3D).

I'm not a fan of sci-fi at all but I'm expecting to be entertained and even maybe impressed in some aspects like visuals.

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #14,119 of 24,635
Re: silence
not even a score?

I don't know about the whole movie but from the trailer, there is practically no temporary suspension of disbelief on my end. It all looks very CG. That IMO is the opposite of good CG.

For some reason it reminds me of the anime Planetes. Just a vibe I get. I should rewatch Planetes actually. I remember it being pretty darn good.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #14,121 of 24,635
Critics seem to like Gravity. I've seen some of the Alfonso Cuaron's previous films (Children of Men and Y tu mama también) and I thought they which were ok.

We've got a long weekend down here so I might watch it on Monday and report back!

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #14,123 of 24,635
After Earth 2/10 terrible

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #14,124 of 24,635
The Intouchables - 8.5/10           One of the best films i have ever seen!!!

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #14,127 of 24,635

You watched it ? After hearing all the reviews?

lol, yea i did. i just love sci-fi. have to watch any sci-fi that comes out

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #14,128 of 24,635
Gangster Squad - 6.4/10

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #14,129 of 24,635
Gravity 9/10

Watched Gravity today at IMAX 3D. It definitely meets high expectations. The most notable aspect of the movie is an effect of being there. As if you are sitting or flying next to main heroes and watching the action in space. There were moments when objects were flying in my direction and I couldn't stop blinking and dodging.

So I know which movie you are going to watch this weekend. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #14,130 of 24,635
  Gravity 9/10

Watched Gravity today at IMAX 3D. It definitely meets high expectations. The most notable aspect of the movie is an effect of being there. As if you are sitting or flying next to main heroes and watching the action in space. There were moments when objects were flying in my direction and I couldn't stop blinking and dodging.

So I know which movie you are going to watch this weekend. 
wink_face.gif

I'm not sure I have never seen a movie critic (209) score 98% + on Rottentomatoes and audience 91%.  Owen Gleiberman my favorite current critic gave it an A in Entertainment Weekly.  I definitely will see it.  Glad to see you are 1st out of the gate on Head-Fi mutabor
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back