Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #13,126 of 24,669
I have not seen one anime shown in cinema ever where I live. It´s like the genre doesn´t exist really.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #13,128 of 24,669
Quote:
I have not seen one anime shown in cinema ever where I live. It´s like the genre doesn´t exist really.

Yeah, the same where I live. And also anime is considered here as animation for small children like Sponge Bob. LOL.

I have never watched even a single anime movie in my life. During my childhood and youth anime was non-existent here and now when small children can watch it on TV, I don't care.

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #13,129 of 24,669
Quote:

More generally, I haven't seen any traditional animated movie in the cinema, ever.
They generally don't have the budget.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #13,130 of 24,669
No decent independent theatres in your area? That's where I've gotta turn to catch new anime theatrical releases. Or occasionally older ones too--one of the indie theatres near me has been playing Miyazaki films for the last several months.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #13,131 of 24,669
Quote:
No decent independent theatres in your area? That's where I've gotta turn to catch new anime theatrical releases. Or occasionally older ones too--one of the indie theatres near me has been playing Miyazaki films for the last several months.

Small independent is the only way to possible find them yes and that would be old movies in general.

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #13,132 of 24,669
Gate of Hell (1953): 8/10

It's not exactly riveting viewing, but as a simple exploration of selfishness, lust, and penitence it's very effective. It's nowhere near the same level as the similar films that some other Japanese directors (Kurosawa) were putting out at the same time, but its use of color is shockingly good considering the film's age, and particularly considering how long it took for color to catch on in Japan. Worth seeing, even if only for its vibrant cinematography.

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #13,133 of 24,669
"Django Unchained" [4.0/10]: I guess that I just didn't get it. I hated this movie. I only wish that there was a way to get my money back. I don't know what I expected but the story, the "sets," the acting, I disliked it on so many levels that further description seems pointless.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #13,134 of 24,669
"Django Unchained" [4.0/10]: I guess that I just didn't get it. I hated this movie. I only wish that there was a way to get my money back. I don't know what I expected but the story, the "sets," the acting, I disliked it on so many levels that further description seems pointless.

Your opinion is wrong.

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #13,135 of 24,669
Quote:
Quote:

Your opinion is wrong.

An opinion is an opinion...but of course you know that. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #13,136 of 24,669
Quote:

How did you feel about the other Tarantino films in comparison.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #13,137 of 24,669
Quote:
Quote:

How did you feel about the other Tarantino films in comparison.

I am admittedly not a great fan of Tarantino's entire filmography. I loved "Reservoir Dogs," "Pulp Fiction, and "Jackie Brown" and consider them among my all time favorites. I take each film as it comes, I don't have an attitude that because I liked this or that film, I must like all of his films. I seem to have parted ways with him with the "Kill Bill" series, "Grindhouse," "Inglourious Basterds," and obviously "Django Unchained." I recognize that he has a lot of fans, and I certainly don't wish to denigrate the opinion of those people. However, to be told that your opinion is wrong is ridiculous, and I didn't think that that is what this forum is all about. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #13,138 of 24,669
It was a joke. An opinion can't be wrong... :|

Quote:
I am admittedly not a great fan of Tarantino's entire filmography. I loved "Reservoir Dogs," "Pulp Fiction, and "Jackie Brown" and consider them among my all time favorites. I take each film as it comes, I don't have an attitude that because I liked this or that film, I must like all of his films. I seem to have parted ways with him with the "Kill Bill" series, "Grindhouse," "Inglourious Basterds," and obviously "Django Unchained." I recognize that he has a lot of fans, and I certainly don't wish to denigrate the opinion of those people. However, to be told that your opinion is wrong is ridiculous, and I didn't think that that is what this forum is all about. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #13,139 of 24,669
Ted 7/10. 

With a friend like this who need enemies :)

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #13,140 of 24,669
I saw The Big Lebowski for the first time yesterday. I thought it was quite funny although it felt a little disjointed at times (although that might have added to its weird charm). Overall I enjoyed it. [8/10]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back