Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #12,181 of 24,654
All you guys who liked Lawless should check out one of the director's previous films, The Proposition. It's a western (albeit set in Australia, though it may as well be set in Purgatory), and it is completely fantastic. I don't know if any of you are Cormac McCarthy fans, but it's pretty much the closest thing to Blood Meridian I've ever seen on the screen. Nick Cave wrote the screenplay for both--if you're also not familiar with his bands (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Grinderman), then you should be! :p

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #12,182 of 24,654
Quote:
All you guys who liked Lawless should check out one of the director's previous films, The Proposition. It's a western (albeit set in Australia, though it may as well be set in Purgatory), and it is completely fantastic. I don't know if any of you are Cormac McCarthy fans, but it's pretty much the closest thing to Blood Meridian I've ever seen on the screen. Nick Cave wrote the screenplay for both--if you're also not familiar with his bands (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Grinderman), then you should be! :p

Be sure to add "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "The Road" (Cormac McCarthy) to that list. ("The Proposition," both the soundtrack and the film, were great!) I buy every soundtrack that Nick Cave and Warren Ellis touch. (In addition to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, and Grinderman, be sure to check out Warren Ellis' band "Dirty Three."

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #12,183 of 24,654
Quote:
Quote:

Be sure to add "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "The Road" (Cormac McCarthy) to that list. ("The Proposition," both the soundtrack and the film, were great!) I buy every soundtrack that Nick Cave and Warren Ellis touch. (In addition to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, and Grinderman, be sure to check out Warren Ellis' band "Dirty Three."

Those were all great flicks as well IMO.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #12,184 of 24,654
Love the Nick Cave cameo in 'The Assassination of Jesse James...'
Quote:

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #12,185 of 24,654
Yeah, I noticed that cameo too...just bought the Blu-Ray of "The Proposition," it's been awhile since I saw it...

"Big Miracle" [4.8/10]: The movie was an HBO Saturday night film. I watched it, I remembered when the story about the trapped whales was in the news. The acting was typical for this kind of film. Hey, it was the only thing even halfway worth watching on TV at the time...

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #12,186 of 24,654
Wanted- 6/10. Fun if you can just enjoy the action and suspend your disbelief at some of the special effects.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith- 7/10. Fun action, the spark between the two leads is obvious (and of course we know now that this was when they actually really falling for each other), and this was the last movie I saw Angelina Jolie in where she still looked hot to me. Starting in Wanted, and even more so nowadays, she looks unnaturally thin......the curves are gone, the face is sunken, etc. 

Underworld Awakening- 5/10. The weakest link in the series so far, but damn Kate still looks good in that suit!

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #12,187 of 24,654
Last I saw was Wreck It Ralph, I'm not good at describing, but I'm a picky b*itch when it comes to movies, and that one was a solid 8 for me

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #12,188 of 24,654
Project X- 8/10.

I liked this movie a lot, but they didn't do a great job of making it all seem like it was filmed by another guy, more like they had VERY expensive cameras set up on a dolly, as the movie looked VERY nice, and sounded AMAZING! A great plus was that the mix really mixed in with what was going on in the movie itself. There actually were a couple scenes where all the guys would have red eyes (look high), but the next they looked normal... overall I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #12,189 of 24,654
Quote:
Project X- 8/10.
I liked this movie a lot, but they didn't do a great job of making it all seem like it was filmed by another guy, more like they had VERY expensive cameras set up on a dolly, as the movie looked VERY nice, and sounded AMAZING! A great plus was that the mix really mixed in with what was going on in the movie itself. There actually were a couple scenes where all the guys would have red eyes (look high), but the next they looked normal... overall I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Saw that on the theater, on the bottom bottom row, (it was friday night) and all the teenagers in the country (including me and my friends) went to see that movie, and those where the only seats left, sow e took em'
biggrin.gif
, Overall, while forgetable to me , We/I had a blast, and I'm sure I'll like it if I ever revisited

I agree with you on 8/10

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #12,190 of 24,654
Saw that on the theater, on the bottom bottom row, (it was friday night) and all the teenagers in the country (including me and my friends) went to see that movie, and those where the only seats left, sow e took em':D , Overall, while forgetable to me , We/I had a blast, and I'm sure I'll like it if I ever revisited

I agree with you on 8/10
Yeah, it was a fun movie... wouldn't mind watching it again on something besides my 19" monitor. :rolleyes:

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #12,192 of 24,654
Quote:
Django Unchained for me.
Bloody, funny, and serious at different parts.
9/10 for me.

I haven't been more hyped for a movie in a while, I LOVE Tarantino, pure fanboy here
rolleyes.gif
. My favorite movie is Reservoir Dogs. I'm sure Django won't disappoint,  but that's One I'll need to see alone, cause I won't stand anyone talking to me while watching it lol

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #12,193 of 24,654

How can one honestly rate this movie? You either love it or hate it....and I love it.

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #12,194 of 24,654
Dredd 8/10
I started watching with hopes of it to be a badass movie, and it went beyond my expectations. Kudos to whoever wrote the dialogs, they understood how much each dialog mattered since there are so few of them. Karl Urban played, or rather voiced the character very nicely.

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #12,195 of 24,654
Quote:
Dredd 8/10
I started watching with hopes of it to be a badass movie, and it went beyond my expectations. Kudos to whoever wrote the dialogs, they understood how much each dialog mattered since there are so few of them. Karl Urban played, or rather voiced the character very nicely.

I'm really looking forward to this one...I'm loving all the positive reviews for it! I meant to see it at the theater but never got there...can't wait to fire it up on Vudu when it comes out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back