Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #9,196 of 24,653
A few more movies that come to mind are National Lampoon's Animal House, The Mask, and Fletch 
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #9,197 of 24,653
Always liked The Jerk

The Sacrifice. 9/10. I could easily go higher or lower on this after repeated viewings. It's clearly Sven Nykvist so it's getting extra points no matter what I think of anything else. If it were in Russian I think I could probably guess that it's directed by AT. He was such a master craftsman and Erland Josephson is such a superb actor. All things considered (Cancer, death, tribute) I think this may be a masterpiece. I'm not sold completely as I'd like to view it a few more times over the (hopefully numerous) years. It seems simplistic but it's hard to not believe that there's something magical here. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #9,198 of 24,653

Quote:
Always liked The Jerk

Great movie, forgot about that one. Early Steve Martin was great, King Tut comes to mind like Let's Get Small, I even liked Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid 
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #9,203 of 24,653
The Man Who Would Be King
7 out of 10, they really don't make these any more.

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #9,205 of 24,653
J. Edgar - 7/10

Very, very slow, but somewhat interesting and well acted. Never boring but I can't say I'd ever want to watch it again. Worth a rental.
Kind of overstayed it's welcome 75% of the way through. I just wanted it to end. A documentary would have just as good, if not better.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #9,206 of 24,653
Quote:
J. Edgar - 7/10

Very, very slow, but somewhat interesting and well acted. Never boring but I can't say I'd ever want to watch it again. Worth a rental.
Kind of overstayed it's welcome 75% of the way through. I just wanted it to end. A documentary would have just as good, if not better.

To me it looked pretty good, i like a good "vintage" movie every once in a while to look at the landscape of life back than. Couldn't find a bluray download, so im still waiting...

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #9,208 of 24,653

Quote:
To me it looked pretty good, i like a good "vintage" movie every once in a while to look at the landscape of life back than. Couldn't find a bluray download, so im still waiting...

It's only in theaters right now. Blu-ray download? I prefer to pay for good movies. People can always wait for it to release to redbox for a dollar I guess.
Some movie studios release movies on blu-ray at prices that are like robbery. I'm surprised they haven't driven me to piracy yet. As long as a movie is good and money was spent on a nice restoration, I don't care about price. I think Criterion discs are worth every penny.

With all the streaming these days, I'm surprised Sony or whoever doesn't release more foreign language movies for streaming/rental. Paying $45 per movie for a Japanese import is crazy! Then you get morons like Miramax who buy the rights to a movie and just sit on them forever.

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #9,210 of 24,653
Ides of March 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back