Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 18, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #8,417 of 24,690
The Man From Nowhere - Solid Korean film, filled with action and gore.  A man with a painful history, bent on revenge (seems like a lot of Korean movies involve an element of revenge), singlehandedly goes after a crime organization.  A killing spree ensues.  Think "Bourne" wielding a knife.  7/10

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #8,419 of 24,690
HP7 - 8/10. Not bad. Neither a HP fan nor have I read any of the books, but watched it in light of a buddy's persuation. Last HP movie I watched was HP5 and the slow pace put me to sleep but this one didn't. Hey
smily_headphones1.gif
. Enjoyed it.

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #8,421 of 24,690

Quote:
I'll pile on, Onibaba and Shintaro Katsu's Zatoichi series.  Highly recommended.

Shintaro Katsu also appeared in a great film called Tenchu! (Hitokiri), where he portrayed the historical assassin Okada Izo. Also stars Tatsuya Nakadai, and Yukio Mishima who performs seppuku in front of the camera not long before he does it in real life. Probably Hideo Gosha's best film.

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #8,423 of 24,690

Quote:
Diehard 4.0 on Sunday night on tv.

It was reasonably entertaining so 2 stars out of 4.

I'm a huge fan of the Die Hard movies and that's probably the worst one. Making it PG-13 was a mistake and it's just not the same. Then they had to go and make it like "Eagle Eye".
The blu-ray does have some pretty impressive picture quality from what I recall.

Here's how I'd rank them from best to worst:

2 > 1 > 3 > 4

For me, Part 2 is the most entertaining and I never get sick of it. Part 3 is kind of good, but I rarely watch it. I probably watch Parts 1 and 2 half a dozen times a year.

BTW it's hard to believe Die Hard was made back in 1988!

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #8,425 of 24,690

Quote:
Here's how I'd rank them from best to worst:

2 > 1 > 3 > 4

Great movies, somehow the remain very enjoyable (same goes for the Lethan Weapon series for me)

I'd rank them: 3-1-2-4 (but 1-2-3 being very very close)

Quote:
World's Fastest Indian - 10/10

ah, I have this lying here for ages, never actually saw it, I guess I should..

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #8,426 of 24,690
Tron: 9/10

I watched this about 2 months ago and i was smiling ear to ear it was so good and again the effect this moive gives me has not worn off, this moive is about fourth on my top moive list the story is great and well connections to the original, the look of the moive is just crazy good i watched this on my led tv (sadly not full led) but its was out of this world i can,t wait to get a 3d tv, just have to wait for the prices to drop.

for me this is backs up in my mind that speakers are the kings at the end of the day the feel and sound of the moive is just out of this world, the sound track is one of my favourite albums i have and gets playyed alot on my headphones (still sounds great) but not to the same effect that the blu-ray and speaker set up gives, my favourite scene of the moive is the fight scene with rinzler in the area, im not a bass head but and a but big the bass on that scence was out of this world!!!

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #8,427 of 24,690
Transformers 3

It scores a 10/10 for its action scenes and visual effects and those are the only categories that deserve it.

I guess watching it in IMAX does mitigate most of my more caustic remarks and it was indeed miles better than ROTF. (Rosie Huntington...oh yeah)

Overall the film gets a 6.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #8,428 of 24,690
Cedar Rapids -6/10

I had high expectations for this for some reason. Very unfunny except for a few things from John C. Reilly.
The way he acted reminded me of that drunk college student from the RV in Borat.

Not a fan of Ed Helms really.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #8,429 of 24,690
The Baader Meinhof Complex was as zippy as possible for a crime epic. Most of that is due to the German traditon to shun the invisible edit. I always liked that. Another good recent example were the Mesrine films. Both create a not unique but definitely pastiche visual language. The viewer is never relaxed. 6/10

I also caught the last Harry Potter and all the British actors. It was serviceable big ticket, populist fare. Although really the whole series has been thoroughly cheese ball. Thank goodness for Yates. He did the best to construct something somewhat mesmorizing out of magic wand fights, which is an accomplishment alone. 5/10

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #8,430 of 24,690
the adjustment bureau
source code
your highness

all great movies
8/10 for each

Users who are viewing this thread

Back