Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #5,104 of 24,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watchmen: Ultimate Cut/~/Solid 3 1/2 hours

That's about Avatar length! I plan to see Cameron's latest but will skip the soda during and beforehand, might sneak in a couple of salt cubes instead.

--

I was surprised by The Box. It wasn't half bad, although one could nit pick it for a lot of things. The period detail was well done. The score, a first for Arcade Fire, was a little overbearing. Cameron Diaz gave a nice empathetic turn. The mystery was involving the first half. 5/10

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #5,105 of 24,638
Sátántangó by Béla Tarr. I'd seen it before, but still... undoubtedly one of the greatest films ever made. The best way to spend ~7 hours ever. I have never rated any film other than Sátántangó a 10/10.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #5,106 of 24,638
I finally got around to watching "The Wrestler" last night. What an engrossing movie! From the opening scene where all The Ram's accolades, in newspaper clippings, are shown on a wall to the (possibly) final leap of his life...the movie really had my attention from the beginning to end.

A sad movie, really, but so well acted. Mickey Rourke was beyond phenomenal as the aging pro wrestler, as was Marisa Tomei as an older stripper trying to make a break away from that scene.

I've not seen Milk with Sean Penn, but I find it difficult to believe that any actor could have given a more touching, moving and heartfelt performance than Mr. Rourke in this movie.

I really don't understand Hollywood's love affair with men who play gay characters. Is playing a gay character a rite of passage for an actor?

My guess is that Mr. Rourke was hugely ripped off at the Oscars.

If you've not seen this movie yet, it's well worth your time to catch it.

Highly recommended.

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #5,109 of 24,638
rise of the footsoldier - gripping, violent and gritty story of the lives of prominent members of british football hooligan firms throughout the past few decades

greenstreet this aint!

8/10

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #5,110 of 24,638
The Interpreter - 5/10

Thriller about political intrigue at the United Nations, with Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn. Well-filmed, but ultimately a bit flimsy. Not certain, but it might have been director Sidney Pollack's last film.

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #5,111 of 24,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got around to watching "The Wrestler" last night. What an engrossing movie.

Absolutely! It was a great film. My favorite part was the tracking shot as our protagonist made his way through the bowels of grocery market, to emerge for the show to the subtle roar of the crowd. It was a brilliantly executed parallel.

--

World's Greatest Dad was an interesting flick, best to attend with no preconceptions. 6/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back