Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 8, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #5,071 of 24,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Watched Lost S1 EP2, What POLAR BEARS? AHAHHAA. Ideas behind Lost are even more unbelievable than transwarp conduits and quantum torperdos. At least that's Sci-Fi, Lost is just stupid. I wonder what animal JJ Abrams thought up that killed the pilot? T-Rex? Also wonder if they'll be a river and further you go up it, earlier in era they become...hmm.

Haha, every time I see your comments it's always one that makes me laugh. Twice I've seen Star Trek references in your posts now.

Also, I agree on Lost. Lame series, as are most nowadays. My roommates love them all though, don't understand. I liked Battlestar Galactica, THAT was a series.

Anyways, back on topic. If we're allowed to post TV series' in here then I'm posting the last whole season I watched, Star Trek DS9. Was my 2nd time watching full way through it. It wasn't bad, not the best Star Trek series by any means (TNG then VOY for me), but better IMO than the one I'm watching now, Enterprise. Enterprise isn't bad either but still probably the worst. I don't hate it like most do.

ST
biggrin.gif
S9, 6.5/10
as a whole, varies throughout though, some are quite good, some bad.

ST:ENT, 4.5 - 5/10 as a whole, again, with variations throughout.

Watching Baraka next. If I'm in the middle of a series I usually like to watch it the full way through before even watching a movie, that way I stay in the mood for the series and enjoy it to the fullest (I guess, or I'm just anal. Probably just anal), but I don't care too much about Enterprise.
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #5,072 of 24,638
Quote:

Battlestar Galactica, THAT was a series.

Which one original or new one? I thought the new was a bit slow lots of doozie episodes. Story behind it was good but didn't quite get the series right somehow. Babylon 5 is way better.

DS9 is best of the Star Trek series, you really need to continue watching. S1 seems slow but it introduces the characters, but if you watched it first time then S1 again they're actually pretty good. S7 was just a run off. Same for Babylon 5 last series. The B5 movies aren't great either.

Enterprise was the worst especially last series. erm Nazi aliens? oh dear. And trying to edge in Borg everyway and failing. Latest Star Trek movies wasen't great, First Contact is best last movie. And Voyager was pretty bad S1-S3 lots of lame epsiodes. It could have been better, first time around enjoyed Voyager first time round but rewatched it again and it's actually quite bad. S4 picked up with Borg storyline. Problem with Voyager same idea as TOS and TNG "reset" epsiodes you could watch most episodes in a season in random and it'll still make sense. It got better on when pair of torpedos arrived :wink: TNG was good, but instead of making every episode great, lots of filler episodes. And 7 series and didn't really expand on the characters except Data. Soppy ones with Troy telling people they're unhappy things like that. TOS enjoyable classic, but not S3.

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #5,073 of 24,638
Quote:

Which one original or new one? I thought the new was a bit slow lots of doozie episodes. Story behind it was good but didn't quite get the series right somehow. Babylon 5 is way better.

DS9 is best of the Star Trek series, you really need to continue watching. S1 seems slow but it introduces the characters, but if you watched it first time then S1 again they're actually pretty good. S7 was just a run off. Same for Babylon 5 last series. The B5 movies aren't great either.

Enterprise was the worst especially last series. erm Nazi aliens? oh dear. And trying to edge in Borg everyway and failing. Latest Star Trek movies wasen't great, First Contact is best last movie. And Voyager was pretty bad S1-S3 lots of lame epsiodes. It could have been better, first time around enjoyed Voyager first time round but rewatched it again and it's actually quite bad. S4 picked up with Borg storyline. Problem with Voyager same idea as TOS and TNG "reset" epsiodes you could watch most episodes in a season in random and it'll still make sense. It got better on when pair of torpedos arrived :wink: TNG was good, but instead of making every episode great, lots of filler episodes. And 7 series and didn't really expand on the characters except Data. Soppy ones with Troy telling people they're unhappy things like that. TOS enjoyable classic, but not S3.

Hopefully, slightly off topic discussion isn't frowned upon in this thread
wink.gif
Caution, those who haven't seen the new Star Trek nor watched the new Battlestar Galactica series might not want to read the spoilers in this post.

I don't really know which of the movies I like best, a lot of people flamed them in comparison to the series' but I thought of them as a long episode of TNG/TOS and I liked that. Sat down one night and watched all the movies, in one sitting, in chronological order before the new one. I didn't like the new one as much as the older ones. Yes it was flashier and such but it strayed from what I view as Star Trek a bit too much. I suppose that was to be expected with a prequel but still didn't sit right with me. The insides of ships never looked like the Budweiser brewrey it was shot in for the movie, the phasers didn't sound that way Vulcans, even Spock, NEVER exploded emotionally like that, etc. I don't care if this was supposed to be before Spock mastered his emotions, Vulcans (even halfbreeds) NEVER exploded and half choked the first officer to death.

You liked DS9 the best? Do many agree with you? I thought the consensus among most was VOY or TNG was the best. I don't think I could rate DS9 higher than those simply because there wasn't enough galavanting around space in a ship for me. I've watched every Star Trek series, in order of episode, from start to finish. DS9 didn't quite do it for me. Other than that I agree with your analases of VOY and TNG myself, except I remember really enjoying TNG the first time I watched it all the way through in order of episode, so I will usually say it's my favourite. Same with VOY except it's 2nd. Seems like Star Trek series' don't really make good rewatchers.

Haven't watched B5, or the original form of BSG, just the new BSG. I liked it a lot, at least the first half. Parts where they weren't galavanting in space didn't appeal to me (sound familiar? I watch a series like this for the action and shiny lasers/ridiculous wall of artillery shells fired between enemies, not the drama. Drama is a bonus IMO. Also didn't enjoy the stuff with the "final five" and Gauis becoming a religious freak). If the original was better I'll have to watch it too. Will check out B5 as well if you recommend it. Any others?

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #5,077 of 24,638
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: I've been watching all the Harry Potter movies with my girlfriend. First was pretty good, second not so much, third pretty good, fourth definitely not so much. This one was pretty good, again. They're a guilty pleasure, what can I say?

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #5,078 of 24,638
Quote:

oh Stargate SG-1 is great TV series. Didn't like Atlantis, and Universe is plain crap.

Yeah I've heard that too, never could get into the SG series though never really tried either, will see if I know anyone with the first season and check it out.

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #5,080 of 24,638
human trafficking - long at nearly 3 hours runtime, more of a made for TV type production, but a fairly comprehensive take on the victims and crime rings involved in human trafficking with some pretty good performances i thought

8/10

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #5,081 of 24,638
I re-watched Gran Torino this past weekend. Even better the 2nd time... Definitely made for aging boomers like me. By Gawd, that's the way to go out! If anybody remembers Rowdy Yates, this is your movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back