Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 29, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #4,232 of 24,678
Public Enemies - So disappointing. Dillinger walking into the police department and Dillinger getting out a message to the cop after being shot at the back of the head were stupid. Depp was okay, but the rest of the acting was flat in general. It was neither emotionally gripping nor does it tell an engaging story. And I wish Dillinger was portrayed more evil and hardened instead of giving him a "lover and charmer" angle. It gave the film a dose of cheese it didn't benefit from. 4/10

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #4,233 of 24,678
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
51dR3RU5ftL._AA240_.jpg

So I just finished watching Smokin' Aces and I'm speechless....what a piece of $hit of a movie it was..Crappy dialogue, crappy pacing, and mind-numbingly stupid plot. Joe Carnahan just lost all the respect he gained with Narc.

All the ranting made me forget to rate it: 1.5/10

Yeah i know, that one sucks so bad. Almost puked when the guy sat on a chainsaw...
tongue_smile.gif
confused_face.gif
:confused_ face_2:
frown.gif
confused.gif
triportsad.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #4,237 of 24,678
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Public Enemies - So disappointing. Dillinger walking into the police department and Dillinger getting out a message to the cop after being shot at the back of the head were stupid. Depp was okay, but the rest of the acting was flat in general. It was neither emotionally gripping nor does it tell an engaging story. And I wish Dillinger was portrayed more evil and hardened instead of giving him a "lover and charmer" angle. It gave the film a dose of cheese it didn't benefit from. 4/10

Funny, I agree with your criticisms almost exactly, however, I did find it a bit more amusing. I'd give it a 6/10.

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #4,238 of 24,678
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny, I agree with your criticisms almost exactly, however, I did find it a bit more amusing. I'd give it a 6/10.

Actually, the rating was a bit harsh. Hehe. I'm agreeable to bumping it up a point in retrospect since it was a nicely shot film after all. Public Enemies is technically sound, and Michael Mann knows how to film a shoot-out, for sure.

It looks great but is totally unengaging and unfocused. In two hours you don't feel any closer to any of the characters, which is a shame as in real life they seem much more interesting.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be about Dillinger and Frechette's relationship, but there are so many other stories going on, you would have trouble noticing what the filmmakers were trying to focus on.

For something involving Depp, Bale, Cotillard & Mann, especially considering the fact that it was about Johnny Dillinger, Public Enemies could have been WAY better.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #4,239 of 24,678
Lesbian Vampire Killers - 8/10

Dance of The Dead 7.5/10

I Love You Man - 8/10

Visioneer's - 6.5/10

All fairly good comedy's i thought
smily_headphones1.gif

Also,

Race to Witch Mountain - 7.5/10

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #4,240 of 24,678
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Liked it - I think the last movie was the best in the series so far, but this one was pretty good.

The Ugly Truth - Horrible - Really not a good movie at all, but there were a lot of slapstick-giggle moments.

(500) Days of Summer - Very, Very Good - This is the highlight of my 2009 movie-going season. Hopefully it doesn't make 'Funny People' suck for me. If it's playing near you, go and see it with your significant other, person, lady, man or anything in between. If not, fly somewhere where it is playing. Guys: Get over your macho-ness and get ready to love a chic-flic.

Visioneers - Haven't finished watching it because my computer doesn't like the new silverlight player that netflix started using and it is much too jerky. It seems like I may give it a thumbs up someday if I build a new computer, rent the DVD, or have my Xbox fixed.

EDIT:

I'm desperate to see The Hurt Locker but I'm having a hard time convincing my girlfriend she wants to see it.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #4,241 of 24,678
Leaving Las Vegas. 10/10

I've seen it several times before. I know it's morbid, but I love it, and Elisabeth Shue is magnificent.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #4,243 of 24,678
fast_furious_poster.jpg
I'm a big fan of the past movies. 8 is the final score for this. Great soundtrack, I guess I thought they would be drifting threw the streets more?........O that was the last one.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #4,244 of 24,678
The Fall 5/10

Okay nothing more. Quite poor story telling and not that much great beautiful scenes. The elephant scenes was cool though but otherwise I watch 300 500x rather then this. Much better told story even if it´s as childish as this. Better photo too.

btw the indian that swim under water to deliver some message is the french rugby player known as the cave man right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back