Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #4,066 of 24,680
This Is England.

About racism and how the skinhead culture became adopted by white nationalist groups in Thatcher-Britain. Very anti NF.
It is filmed in a very intimate way, making the depressing message very effective.

Highly recommended. 10/10

And I use the word 'very' very often.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #4,069 of 24,680
Ice Age 3... 1 star (out of 4). One of the very few movies that almost made me fall asleep. The entire movie (with the exception of that one animal that chases the nut, which was really funny in parts 1 and 2) consisted of something meaningless combined with audio cues from the orchestra that we are supposed to feel a certain emotion. I literally remember almost nothing from the film other than being annoyed that the filmmakers thought all they had to do was tell the music department to place "happy music" or "adventurous music", etc., in the soundtrack, and we would instantly feel said emotion despite the lack of anything interesting on screen.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #4,072 of 24,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ice Age 3... 1 star (out of 4). One of the very few movies that almost made me fall asleep. The entire movie (with the exception of that one animal that chases the nut, which was really funny in parts 1 and 2) consisted of something meaningless combined with audio cues from the orchestra that we are supposed to feel a certain emotion. I literally remember almost nothing from the film other than being annoyed that the filmmakers thought all they had to do was tell the music department to place "happy music" or "adventurous music", etc., in the soundtrack, and we would instantly feel said emotion despite the lack of anything interesting on screen.

You need to watch the 3D version I do believe
wink.gif
. I don´t recognize anything of that. Ice Age 3 have always have brilliant innovative use of music. Ice Age 3 no different. I didn´t thought the story was that hard to grasp though. But really it´s a comedy so if you don´t think it´s funny there is not that much to it of course. There is not a character in Ice Age I don´t like. If you would say that even the squirrel scenes was bad I would take your post for trolling
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back