Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #3,557 of 24,652
"Oorlogswinter" - 8,5/10
For any of you who don't know oorlogswinter translates back to 'warwinter'. A Dutch film about a boy who helps a shot down English member of the RAF during the winter in '45. Pretty good film.

May 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #3,564 of 24,652
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slumdog Millionare - 9/10

I was thinking about buying it earlier tonight at Wallyworld since it's one of the things they dangle in front of you at the check-out, but I need a more in-depth review (or review at all). At $19.95 I need to be sure it's good and why.

May 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #3,565 of 24,652
Well for one thing, it won eight of the TEN Academy Awards it was nominated for, the most of any movie from 2008. It also won five Critic's Choice Awards, four Golden Globes, and seven BAFTA Awards. All that might mean diddly squat to you so, awards aside, it's based on the novel Q & A which was written by an Indian diplomat/author named Vikas Sawrup. It tells a very touching tale of a man who grew up in the Indian slums of Mumbai and ended up winning on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionare", and how he knew all the answers to the questions while incidentally telling his life's story from childhood to adulthood. I'm not very good at reviews but I would recommend buying it if it was 3x the price. At the very least rent it and watch it. Hope that helps
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I should also mention I'm very tempted to watch it again, right now, even though it's 5 AM and I work tomorrow. I felt compelled to mention this because I almost NEVER re-watch a movie, even if it's a movie I loved or a classic, because I feel it's never as good the second time and the movie loses the "status" it had in my head; even I find it a little weird that I want to watch it again.

May 1, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #3,566 of 24,652
I couldn't resist:

Gayniggers from Outer Space - 9/10, truly awesome and only 25 minutes long.

And I must agree, it's not homophobic at all.
But it could be argued that is a little hostile towards women, after all, they eliminated the entire female population of planet earth.

"For a gay universe!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back