Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #3,481 of 24,653
"Pulp Fiction" - 8.5/10
Saw it again this evening and still funny as hell. Love Tarantino's work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #3,484 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to see I'm not the only one whos watched this. Definitely worth watching, vampires with substance!
devil_face.gif

What is your fav for this year?

yep, i saw both subtitle versions, and the theatrical version is a million times better than the very poorly executed and sloppy dumbed down US version, which alters the whole gist and angle of the story and character interaction
frown.gif

my fave of the year....if not LTROI, which is still growing on me, would be the wrestler, film noir or the piano teacher, i cant decide
tongue_smile.gif

these are films i have seen this year, not nesacarily released this year

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #3,485 of 24,653
Eagle Eye: 7.5/10 (hugely underrated, yes the plot is way out there, but I believe that was the point. a solid thrill ride from begining to end).
Futurama - The beast with a billion backs: 7.5/10 (has nothing on benders big score, but is still very good in its own right. recommnended.)

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #3,489 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep, i saw both subtitle versions, and the theatrical version is a million times better than the very poorly executed and sloppy dumbed down US version, which alters the whole gist and angle of the story and character interaction
frown.gif

my fave of the year....if not LTROI, which is still growing on me, would be the wrestler, film noir or the piano teacher, i cant decide
tongue_smile.gif

these are films i have seen this year, not nesacarily released this year

smily_headphones1.gif

The wrestler is also very strong in my book, powerful movie for sure (although somewhat predictable). I hate it when the translations are dumbed down for "the average viewer", luckily for me I speak and understand swedish perfectly so I never had to read any subtitles.

And to contribute to the thread:

The spirit - 5.8/10
I wanted to like this but the story was poorly executed and the fights were boring. The visuals were quite nice though.

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #3,491 of 24,653
The Day the Earth Stood Still (Remake) - 6/10

I thought I may like it the way it started but I ended up being annoyed with it. Jaden Smith was particularly annoying, his character didn't even need to be in the movie.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #3,492 of 24,653
"Yes Man" 7,5/10

It was much better than I expected!!
Reccomended to the ones who wants to have fun and think a bit....

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #3,494 of 24,653
Happiness: What a odd and sick movie-- but interesting and funny too. However, almost everyone will find it very disturbing, and that is why I do not recommend it for the majority here. But If you can find the dry/dark humor than it's hysterical!

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #3,495 of 24,653
Crank 2 - 9/10

An awesome and ridiculous romp through the world of Chev Chelios. Multiply the stylization of Crank 1 by 100 and you've got yourself the sequel. Note: if you don't have a (somewhat dirty) sense of humor, then you should avoid this movie. Leave all your preconceptions at the door, this movie isn't meant to be realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back