Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 21, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #1,936 of 24,647
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mamma Mia - I found myself purposefully staring at objects off the screen so as to be able to avoid staring at the car wreck that was happening on screen. Legendarily awful.

1/10

Even worse than Ishtar ?

World's worst flick.......of all time...ever...still want my 5 bucks back for that one....

Peete.

Aug 21, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #1,937 of 24,647
The Negotiator: C

Transformers: C-

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #1,940 of 24,647
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the excorcist - 9/10

It's sad that there hasn't been a horror film in the last 25 years since that has had anywhere near the effectiveness of this film.

Meet Bill - 5/10

Pretty forgettable comedy starring Aaron Eckhart has the title character. Dull, not all that funny. Has some moments, but is mostly cookie cutter indie type.

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #1,941 of 24,647
Terminator 3- 7/10

Have seen it a few times before, but watched it last night, fully attentively and on the back of re-watching terninator 2.
Its a solid, action film, not bad at all. It just is marred by a comparatively weak ending that disapooints on the rest of the film (and series I suppose).

Aug 23, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #1,943 of 24,647
There Will Be Blood- 8.5/10

As far as a character exploration, examination and development goes in film this is a top notch portrayal and achievement. Its all about Daniel Day Lewis's Daniel Plainview but woah, what a performance! No wonder his roles are sporadic. He puts his whole self into this role, managing to transcend himself and become his character so convincingly. Stunning acting!

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #1,947 of 24,647
Sphere 8/10

It was weird as hell but pretty cool all around; it also totally affirmed for me how sick dustin hoffman is when at work. I didn't read the book, so I can't compare the two, but I heard the book is better than the movie.

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #1,948 of 24,647
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoginasser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I give DDL 10/10 for his work in "there will be blood".I just can't see how he or anyone else could have done a better job as Plainview,and the score was amazing.

The score is terrific! I forgot to mention that.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #1,950 of 24,647
"Batman Begins" [8.6] After seeing "Batman: The Dark Knight" about a month ago I thought that it would be interesting to watch the other Christopher Bale Batman movie. The two films seem to hang together rather nicely. The cast was pretty consistent. (too bad that Katie Holmes wasn't in the newer film, and that Michael Caine didn't have more screen time in the newer film) The plot of this film was interesting in that it portrays the birth of Batman. However, none of the performances were even in the same ballpark as Heath Ledger's Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back