Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 10, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #151 of 24,671
Knocked Up- 5/10
Beyond keeping me awake and mildly amused for a couple of hours, I just didn't seem to enjoy it as much as everyone else in the room at the time.

Battle Royale II-Requiem- 4/10, maybe 3/10
I was very happy with Battle Royale and rated that movie at 8-9/10, but this movie just did not seem to have the same entertainment factor. Characters returning from the first movie had different actors portraying them, the new 'Teacher' was portrayed as excessively over the top, the new rules to the Battle Royale Game just flat out sucked, and the general movie seemed to be more an angst-fest where everyone was pissed off at someone/something else and less 40 kids trying to fight to survive to the end.

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #152 of 24,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by klenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, a baby was crying non stop in the theatre. -.5 for that I guess
biggrin.gif

Next time tell the management and they'll probably make that selfish ass leave. I am so sick of how selfish some people are... if you can't find a babysitter, stay home. It's the same people that think it's ok for them to drive with a cell phone in one hand and a mascara applicator in the other (true story). My daughter begged me to take her with me to see the new "Halloween." about ten minutes in, she started getting freaked out and was making too much noise; normally, she's into horror movies, but she didn't like the fact that it was a child doing the killing. So I did the responsible thing... I walked out, dropped her off at her mother's house, and paid to see the next showing.

This was happening at the concert hall where I work... idiots would come to a classical concert with their one month old baby. The people at the ticket window would do their best to discourage the jerks, but it was always the same answer--"Oh, my baby never cries!" Of course the baby would be crying within the first movement, and at our place, they were told immediately to go home. Eventually, our company got tired of the drama and instituted a no children under six policy. I can't tell you how happy our patrons were.

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #154 of 24,671
saw

Beowolf - great visuals, decent story 7.5/10

Heartbreak Kid (Ben Stiller flick) - not bad, some funny parts, pretty perverted for a Ben Stiller movie... 7/10

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #155 of 24,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Catch and Release. 1/2* Boring, not worth the time.

As much as I hated the movie and Jennifer Garner...

Kevin Smith had some really funny moments.

Dec 11, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #157 of 24,671
Mary Poppins (wife was watching it) - good for kids. Dick Van Dykes phony English accent -2 points otherwise 7/10.(I used to live in London)

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #160 of 24,671
imgres

Judgement at Nuremburg. A renactment of one of the later Nuremburg Trials. Excellent movie. Very intense dialogue, with very good acting. Its in B&W, but still great in my opinion. A real deep look into Germany 2 years after the War and what brought about Hitler and the Holocaust.

Very good.

9/10

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #161 of 24,671
Quote:

Christmas Vacation-3.5*s My favorite Holiday movie.

Oh man, I'm gonna have to watch that again...so damn funny. Between that and A Christmas Story, those are my two favorite holiday films
smily_headphones1.gif

Just watched Sicko last night with my wife. I'm not sure how I feel about it to rate it. On the one hand we do have some serious issues with Healthcare in this country, but on the other hand, Moore's take is obviously severely biased and sensationalistic at times. But sometimes that's what it takes.

A movie like that always gets my wife and I talking about what's really important in our lives and the changes we need to make to help make our lives better as well as the lives of others.

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #162 of 24,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, I'm gonna have to watch that again...so damn funny. Between that and A Christmas Story, those are my two favorite holiday films
smily_headphones1.gif

Just watched Sicko last night with my wife. I'm not sure how I feel about it to rate it. On the one hand we do have some serious issues with Healthcare in this country, but on the other hand, Moore's take is obviously severely biased and sensationalistic at times. But sometimes that's what it takes.

A movie like that always gets my wife and I talking about what's really important in our lives and the changes we need to make to help make our lives better as well as the lives of others.

Ash Wednesday-2 1/2*s Ed Burns always makes a nice little "working man's film." I always love his gritty feel for a segment of our culture that is beyond my personal experience.

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #163 of 24,671
Quote:

Christmas Vacation-3.5*s My favorite Holiday movie.

Oh man - gonna have to rent that. My kids have never seen it!
Speaking of which:

A Christmas Story - 10/10.

GAD

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #164 of 24,671
Night on Earth - 6/10
Great film. The Rome and Helsinki segments were a bit of a let down, but otherwise a very solid piece. Paris and Los Angeles being the best of the bunch.

This film also completed my Jarmusch experience and I've now seen all the man's work (with the exception of that Neil Young doc.). Still my favorite current american director.

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #165 of 24,671
Kamikaze Girls (Shimotsuma Monogatari): The Extraordinary Adventures of a Lolita-look Aficionado and a Tough Biker Gang Chick aka the worst friendship ever. Recommended and maybe the wackiest opening 15 minutes of any film I've ever seen. Think Amelie, without the love story, shifted to Japan.

Kamikaze Girls (Shimotsuma Monogatari): A Film by Tetsuya Nakashima, 2004

r17_m.jpg

r9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back