Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #22,471 of 24,690
Breaking Bad - 10/10

I watched all 62 hours again for now the third time.
It's just as good, but still some parts of it are a little slow (but never boring).
It's kind of a surprise to like a TV show this much with such unlikable characters.
Everyone should have listened to Mike when he said Walt was a ticking time bomb and just got out much sooner.
I'm not sure it has a very satisfying ending. I almost just wish Hank had gotten his guy and The End. I don't know how I could make it better.
Then you'd have so many loose ends and people would be complaining about that. Walt would never be safe in jail anyway.
I don't think i'll be watching this entire series ever again. Overall it's just kind of a downer. Doesn't help your mood much.
The last few episodes are very good, but somehow I dread having to sit through them. Kind of painful to watch.
Mostly because Walt is such a terrible person.

PS I still think "Better Call Saul" (it's the prequel) is now an even better show. Definitely more fun and entertaining. It also has a lot of comedy.
I disliked Mike and Saul in "Breaking Bad", but they are a little more likable in this one.
Chuck is by far the most memorable character and it wouldn't be as good of a show without him.

BTW after seeing this show a third time, Gus now seems nowhere near as bad as Walt!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #22,472 of 24,690
Breaking Bad - 10/10

It's just as good, but still some parts of it are a little slow (but never boring).
It's kind of a surprise to like a TV show this much with such unlikable characters.
Everyone should have listened to m=Mike when he said Walt was a ticking time bomb and just got out much sooner.
I'm not sure it has a very satisfying ending. I almost just wish Hank had gotten his guy and The End. I don't know how I could make it better.
Then you'd have so many lose ends and people would be complaining about that. Walt would never be safe in jail anyway.
I don't think i'll be watching this entire series ever again. Overall it's just kind of a downer. Doesn't help your mood much.
The last few episodes are very good, but somehow I dread having to sit through them. Kind of painful to watch.

PS I still think "Better Call Saul" (it's the prequel) is now an even better show. Definitely more fun and entertaining. It also has a lot of comedy.
I disliked Mike and Saul in "Breaking Bad", but they are a little more likable in this one.
Chuck is by far the most memorable character and it wouldn't be as good of a show without him.

BTW after seeing this show a third time, Gus now seems nowhere near as bad as Walt!
Better Call Saul got too boring for me. Breaking Bad however was a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #22,473 of 24,690
Breaking Bad - 10/10

Everyone should have listened to m=Mike when he said Walt was a ticking time bomb and just got out much sooner.
Then you'd have so many lose ends and people would be complaining about that. Walt would never be safe in jail anyway.

While I'm also a fan of Breaking Bad, I've got mixed feelings about the last season. I thought it was a bit long and drawn out and you're wondering who to relate to (Jessie for being a prisoner, Walt for getting his comeuppance, trying to root for Hank even though he's taking no prisoners). Before the final season and during it, you do see that Jessie...even though a petty criminal....has a sense of morals. Walt has tried to reason justify being immoral (it was pretty much set that he went over the edge when he poisoned Brock). So I do think the scene with Hank's death is one of the most watchable parts of the season: Hank's final words where he compliments Walts intelligence but wonders why he doesn't realize that Hank is already dead. That might have been the last scene Walt actually shows humanity by mourning...but he's quick to get back to rationalizing for "protecting" his family and have his final run. Have you seen El Camino? I watched it and then watched Breaking Bad again...I'm not really sure it was much of a sequel. The end is basically what Walt was trying to realize (although Jessie is more deserving).

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #22,474 of 24,690
Breaking Bad is the best series ever produced for my tastes. I very much enjoy Better Call Saul. It doesn't bore me, but I can see how others might find it slow.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #22,475 of 24,690
Uncut Gems- 6.3/10

A solid mediocre for me, I had hoped it would be good but ended up disappointed.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #22,476 of 24,690
Joker - 7/10

Halfway through I was sure I was watching some sort of masterpiece. Pretty much perfect until things went downhill.
By the end i'm thinking "That's it?". I expected and wanted more from this.
It seems like it's nearly all character development with not much happening in the actual movie.
It almost seems like it should be a part 1 of a 3 part movie. Maybe it's supposed to be?
I usually hate comic book movies, but this one is actually worth seeing.

BTW the best part of the movie other than the acting is the cinematography by far. I almost wish I had seen it in Imax or on the big screen just for that.
Also, this one flew by. Felt like only an hour long. It's rare for a movie to do that.

Now that I think of it, this reminded me a little of "Being There". Go watch that instead!
It's one of the best films ever made.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #22,477 of 24,690
Joker - 7/10

Halfway through I was sure I was watching some sort of masterpiece. Pretty much perfect until things went downhill.
By the end i'm thinking "That's it?". I expected and wanted more from this.
It seems like it's nearly all character development with not much happening in the actual movie.
It almost seems like it should be a part 1 of a 3 part movie. Maybe it's supposed to be?
I usually hate comic book movies, but this one is actually worth seeing.

BTW the best part of the movie other than the acting is the cinematography by far. I almost wish I had seen it in Imax or on the big screen just for that.
Also, this one flew by. Felt like only an hour long. It's rare for a movie to do that.

Now that I think of it, this reminded me a little of "Being There". Go watch that instead!
It's one of the best films ever made.
Why choose? You make it sound like it was bad. I didn´t mind how it´s escalated its the joker afterall :)

Jan 25, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #22,479 of 24,690
Knives Out - (8.5/10)

This was a good movie. Recommended. I like Rian Johnson's movies other than the Star Wars one he worked on. He's a good film maker, but The Last Jedi was a mistake.

Mystery is a genre I enjoy if it's done like this one. My top favorite Mystery genre film maker would be David Mamet. His screenplays are just amazing! Nobody knows about him, but he's really really good film maker. I just don't understand stupid Marvel films gets such notoriety, and this guy's films are sleepers.

Just look at this cast.

p16981625_v_v8_ac.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #22,480 of 24,690
Gemini Man- 4/10

The CGI is really good, the story is pretty weak and the overall arc is crazy over simplified. Its like a John Wick movie, you watch it for the explosions and forget the story.

Jan 28, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #22,481 of 24,690
1917 - 9/10

A lot better than I expected. I actually wanted to skip this because I don't like the idea of it trying to be a one take movie. Glad I didn't!
Loved it from start to finish.
I think I actually liked the soundtrack just as much as the cinematography.
Despite it getting a 9/10, I don't know if this is one I'd want to watch multiple times.

PS it's too bad Terrence Malick's "A Hidden Life" never got released anywhere in my state. I wonder why.
Been waiting for that for what seems like years.

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #22,482 of 24,690
"1917" - [7.9/10]: I have been a Sam Mendes fan since "American Beauty" and "The Road To Perdition." I respect his grandfather's service in World War I, and this film tribute to his grandfather's service in this all too forgotten war. The production design and cinematography were first rate. At its core, "1917" wasn't a story of the Great War or of 1917. It was a soldier's story. Though I realize the plot of "1917" was based on a story told by Sam Mendes' grandfather, the essential plot could have been transposed into virtually any war. In fact, the story reminded me a great deal of the 1981 Mel Gibson movie "Gallipoli." The acting was unremarkable in my humble opinion. Though it is atypical for me during films in general, and war stories in particular, I didn't feel terribly emotionally involved in the presentation of this story. I was a bit disappointed. Considering the critical acclaim, the awards, and the award nominations, perhaps my expectations were unrealistic.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #22,484 of 24,690
Ultimate Beastmaster - 10/10

Really loved this TV series on Netflix, but it's too bad there is no Season 4 available!
It was good enough to watch all 3 seasons for a second time. I actually had forgotten who the winners were.
As you may know, it's similar to American Ninja Warrior.
Only negative really to me is that yes, some of the levels do get repetitive.
The hosts are also extremely annoying and obnoxious 100% of the time, but I don't mind so much.

I've seen Ninja Warrior in the past, but it seems so hard to watch American Ninja Warrior without paying for it.
It should be on some streaming service by now at least!

PS can you imagine training for 6 months or so, flying to another country to compete and falling on the first or second obstacle? Happens all the time here due to how difficult the courses are. I felt bad for a lot of the competitors and no second chance.

Not sure how hard it is compared to Ninja Warrior though.
Most of the winners seem to be professional mountain climbers. A few parkour athletes.

Anyway, I hope Netflix didn't cancel this show!

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #22,485 of 24,690
Knives Out - 7.5/10

I generally don't like this kind of movie or otherwise my score might have been higher.
This was worth seeing on the $6 movie night at the theater, but maybe not for full price.
Only two other people on a Tuesday night in the theater at 10:15pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back