Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 22, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #12,706 of 24,655
House of Cards season 1

9/10. This is the movie rating on imdb no tv series get below 9????

Kevin Spacey is perfect as the antihero you want to see both fail and succeed at the same time.
If the season just had a better ending or cliffhanger it would be a 10.

Hopefully this is the future. Release a season when it´s ready. No commercials even though you do get some product placements

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #12,707 of 24,655
Quote:
House of Cards season 1

9/10. This is the movie rating on imdb no tv series get below 9????

Kevin Spacey is perfect as the antihero you want to see both fail and succeed at the same time.
If the season just had a better ending or cliffhanger it would be a 10.

Hopefully this is the future. Release a season when it´s ready. No commercials even though you do get some product placements

Hi

Its being said that all the movies where Kevin Spacey is are good
dt880smile.png

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #12,708 of 24,655
I can´t remember a real bad one. He is good on picking roles.

Cosmopolis. I admit I only got 40 minutes in but boy such a non sensical movie.
I gave up when it was important that the limousine was made of cork. I got throuth the anal examination of Robert Pattinson in the limo while talking crap with some girl too. Just so you get an idea what the movie is about.
If somebody can explain the very deep analogue that scene is going to represent I am all ears :)

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #12,710 of 24,655
Quote:
I can´t remember a real bad one. He is good on picking roles.

Cosmopolis. I admit I only got 40 minutes in but boy such a non sensical movie.
I gave up when it was important that the limousine was made of cork. I got throuth the anal examination of Robert Pattinson in the limo while talking crap with some girl too. Just so you get an idea what the movie is about.
If somebody can explain the very deep analogue that scene is going to represent I am all ears :)

Let me watch that movie it and I will tell you what I think
popcorn.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #12,712 of 24,655
Quote:
I definitely need to waste less time on this damn forum (and listening to music) and should pick up a book more often ... hmmm ...

Maybe I'll look for the audiobook!
smily_headphones1.gif

I feel the same way....I'm just happier when I take at least an hour a day and read, usually before bed time. I've had a Kindle Fire for over a year, but I just the other day got around to ordering my first Kindle book. I have to say, it's a great experience. It's super convenient for night readers, cause the Fire is back lit and very easy to read. Just tap the corner and you can bookmark the page for easy reference. I really love it, and I finally "get it". 

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #12,713 of 24,655
My brother-in-law is visiting and brought a Kindle with .. now my wife is sold on it and wants one.

I use a BB Playbook most nights, before sleep. It has the Kindle app installed, but I use it almost exclusively to catch up on a decade's worth of comics :xf_eek: . I have a hard time enjoying real books on a flat screen. Maybe if my girl gets one and I spend some time with it, it will change my mind.

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #12,715 of 24,655
Quote:
My brother-in-law is visiting and brought a Kindle with .. now my wife is sold on it and wants one.

I use a BB Playbook most nights, before sleep. It has the Kindle app installed, but I use it almost exclusively to catch up on a decade's worth of comics
redface.gif
. I have a hard time enjoying real books on a flat screen. Maybe if my girl gets one and I spend some time with it, it will change my mind.

That's exactly why I hadn't purchased a book until just recently...I didn't think I'd like not having the physical book to read, even if I had to use my book light. You may still not like it after trying it, but it wouldn't surprise me if you enjoyed it as I have. It's just so convenient...it's really been fun. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #12,716 of 24,655
Mama 7/10 Above average ghostly horror.

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #12,719 of 24,655

6-10

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #12,720 of 24,655
High Fidelity (2000): 8/10

A biting rom-com about highly-flawed people who are infinitely more relateable than your average rom-com protagonists. Not to mention their superior taste in music, if not style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back