Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #12,691 of 24,667
Lockout 0.1/5. It is the worst on so many levels

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #12,692 of 24,667
Flight, 7.5/10. I thought that it was well done for the most part, I loved the crash footage.

But the protagonist's seminal decision at the NTSB hearing to not tell even "one more lie" was the result of a classic false dilemma. When they asked his opinion about who might have consumed the bottles, he didn't have to choose between throwing his friend "under the bus" and confessing. He could have just insisted that he had no opinion on the matter. He had already been coached to say that he "could not remember" things anyways.

So that kind of spoiled the ending for me.

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #12,693 of 24,667
It´s a lie if he does have an opinion at the matter though.

Feb 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #12,694 of 24,667
That is true, but perjury was an unrepresented option nonetheless.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #12,696 of 24,667
Lawrence of Arabia - 10/10

Haven't seen this one in maybe 15 years! Much better than I remember. Probably one of the top two movies I've seen in the last year. I think I should buy the Blu-Ray of it. Supposedly it's one of the best quality Blu-rays out there. I have the old Superbit DVD version that never was watched until now. Despite being the older remastered version, the picture quality is pretty good.

Peter O Toole should have gotten the oscar for this...he was perfect in this movie.

Judge Dredd - 7/10 (not the latest remake)

Ok, it's really bad, but I enjoyed it and that scored it some points. Entertainment Value was a 10/10. The whole movie was hilarious and unintentionally funny! Diane Lane was especially bad in it earlier in the movie. I believe I got this inthe $5 bin and it was worth that. The Cannibal scene was especially amusing.

Still think my favorite Stallone movie is "Cliffhander"

OK off to watch "Sneakers". It's an old favorite.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #12,697 of 24,667
Quote:

Haven't seen this one in maybe 15 years! Much better than I remember. Probably one of the top two movies I've seen in the last year. I think I should buy the Blu-Ray of it. Supposedly it's one of the best quality Blu-rays out there. I have the old Superbit DVD version that never was watched until now. Despite being the older remastered version, the picture quality is pretty good.

Peter O Toole should have gotten the oscar for this...he was perfect in this movie.

The Bluray transfer is amazing. I saw this film for the first time back a few years ago and I was totally blown away. This is my new standard for the term "epic".10 /10 from me, as well.  Pretty much a perfect film, IMO. 

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #12,699 of 24,667
Haven't seen this one in maybe 15 years! Much better than I remember. ...he was perfect in this movie.

The Bluray transfer is amazing. I saw this film for the first time back a few years ago and I was totally blown away. This is my new standard for the term "epic".10 /10 from me, as well.  Pretty much a perfect film, IMO. 

Buy always have a very large drink at hand (preferably two) when you settle in to watch this.

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #12,702 of 24,667
Quote:
I never knew Sir Ranulph was an author too.
eek.gif

Is there anything that man hasn't done? It truly beggars belief.

gonna get the book?
popcorn.gif

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #12,703 of 24,667
Quote:
The Veteran  8/10 
Love the speech of the big boss.

Which film? I find several with that title. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back