Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #12,226 of 24,645
Cloud Atlas:
MV5BMTczMTgxMjc4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM5MTA2OA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

I watched this movie twice, incredibly. First time watching, I didn't paid too much attention until halfway but then suddenly, everything turned interesting and I was touched emotionally at the end. Watched it a second time but this time being 100% fully concentrated and everything made sense from its themes to how it's structured and why the theme song plays such an important role to this film. The Cloud Atlas Sextet is the fine thread that etches those 6 stories together and draws a comprehensive map to the whole picture.
I would gladly watch a third time if I want to. This film might not make much sense in a superficial level but dig in deeper and everything comes clearer.
9/10

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #12,227 of 24,645
Just finished watching Prometheus, give it a solid 9/10
Really hope the sequel is good because I am curious to know the purpose of life, why we are here, who created us etc... (I know the movie isn't true but it was very interesting)

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #12,228 of 24,645
Quote:
Cloud Atlas:
MV5BMTczMTgxMjc4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM5MTA2OA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

I watched this movie twice, incredibly. First time watching, I didn't paid too much attention until halfway but then suddenly, everything turned interesting and I was touched emotionally at the end. Watched it a second time but this time being 100% fully concentrated and everything made sense from its themes to how it's structured and why the theme song plays such an important role to this film. The Cloud Atlas Sextet is the fine thread that etches those 6 stories together and draws a comprehensive map to the whole picture.
I would gladly watch a third time if I want to. This film might not make much sense in a superficial level but dig in deeper and everything comes clearer.
9/10

I started watching it, couldn't take it after 10 min. Maybe it was just my mood.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #12,229 of 24,645
Quote:
Really hope the sequel is good because I am curious to know the purpose of life, why we are here, who created us etc... (I know the movie isn't true but it was very interesting)

When I watched it, I was surprised that it touches on a theme that is absolutely sensitive to biologists, geneticists and scientists which is Intelligent Design. It kind of shook me too and I almost cried out how stupid this is until I just remembered that it was just a sci-fi movie, a good one. I'll give it a 7/10, promising.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #12,230 of 24,645
Quote:

Interesting yes, especially visually stimulating.
Could've been better if Scott went for some scientific accuracy ( so that viewers wouldn't have to take giant leaps of ignoring facts and plot holes), given the promise the concept held.

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #12,231 of 24,645
Quote:

I started watching it, couldn't take it after 10 min. Maybe it was just my mood.

Yeah, not a film for everybody but nevertheless, a beautiful, gorgeous one to my eyes. Afterall, it's an art film with a very modern feel to it.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #12,232 of 24,645
Got to see Django Unchained and enjoyed the movie. It was a long movie but entertaining and never a dull moment, I would agree with the previous posts that Christopher Waltz was solid in this movie. 8.5/10

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #12,233 of 24,645
Dredd 8/10
I started watching with hopes of it to be a badass movie, and it went beyond my expectations.

Dredd 3D (2012) 7.2/10
Yep,I agree a satisfying midnight movie.
Judge Dredd (Karl Urban) vs. Ma-Ma (Lena Headey) went above and beyond.
Dredd is a great futuristic Crusader of Good.
Quote from nextmovie.com:
"These crazy new cameras can capture images at unprecedented speeds at all sorts of light levels – and in 3-D, too.
Hence, the slo-mo drug freakouts in "Dredd 3D" are some of the most striking images you are likely to see in a movie theater this year
."

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #12,236 of 24,645
Quote:
Overall I liked most of the 2012 movies but hated the avengers and batman. Hope 2013 superhero movies are better.

Blasphemy!

the trailer for Man Of Steel looks quite promising.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #12,237 of 24,645
Jiro Dreams of Sushi - 10/10

I've seen a lot of documentaries, but I loved every minute of this movie. I've never had sushi and don't even eat meat!
Free with Amazon Prime. Go watch it!

NOTE: It's actually better than the trailer makes it out to be. I don't like the trailer that much.

Can you imaging having the same job for 75 years..you really have to love what you're doing.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #12,238 of 24,645
Quote:
Could've been better if Scott went for some scientific accuracy ( so that viewers wouldn't have to take giant leaps of ignoring facts and plot holes), given the promise the concept held.

He was going more for science fiction accuracy, with a decent amount of philosophy and mythology thrown in for good measure.

For scientific accuracy, we supposedly have Hawking/Sagan/deGrasse Tyson, etc. documentaries.

Quote:
Yeah, I am very attracted to intense and visually stimulating movies, I gave Dredd a 10/10 and Prometheus a 9/10 :)
I watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest the other day for a school assessment and it was amazing, really enjoyed analyzing it and would give it 9.7/10.

Looking forward to this new Dredd. Still amazed every time I see Cuckoo's Nest, genius.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #12,239 of 24,645
I really enjoyed Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, 8.5/10.

It was interesting to see Steve Carell playing an everyman, he really showed some range in this one. A cute apocalyptic
love story
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #12,240 of 24,645
Quote:
Overall I liked most of the 2012 movies but hated the avengers and batman. Hope 2013 superhero movies are better.

blink.gif

you sir, are so very alone.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back