Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 30, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #10,998 of 24,638
The Big Lebowski, - /100

Only watched the first 20 minutes and could not continue. Didn't find it funny or entertaining at all except maybe for the opening scene. I'm usually a fan of laugh out loud stoner movies, but not this one. Had high expectations, but I think this movie is mostly overrated. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #10,999 of 24,638
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #11,000 of 24,638
I second that. 
biggrin.gif

You can't judge a movie without seeing it, just based on the opinion that you expected to laugh at SOME jokes, but didn't find them. Perhaps you should return to laugh out loud stoner movies (whatever that is).

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #11,003 of 24,638
Cowboys and Aliens, I came out of my months long haitus out of this thread JUST to say how terrible this movie is.  Okay, it was kind of entertaining, but the plot holes are borderline funny.

The bartender inexplicably became a doctor midway through the movie then...I could go on, but...I won't.  

Watch it!

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #11,004 of 24,638
Quote:
The Big Lebowski, - /100

Only watched the first 20 minutes and could not continue. Didn't find it funny or entertaining at all except maybe for the opening scene. I'm usually a fan of laugh out loud stoner movies, but not this one. Had high expectations, but I think this movie is mostly overrated. 

Dude...

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #11,006 of 24,638
Quote:
Cowboys and Aliens, I came out of my months long haitus out of this thread JUST to say how terrible this movie is.  Okay, it was kind of entertaining, but the plot holes are borderline funny.

The bartender inexplicably became a doctor midway through the movie then...I could go on, but...I won't.  

Watch it!

I only watched it for Olivia Wilde :p

Do The Right Thing 7.5/10
Funny, great cinematography and a good examination of racial tensions.

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #11,007 of 24,638
Sep 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #11,008 of 24,638
Quote:
The Big Lebowski, - /100

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.  Obviously you're not a golfer.

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #11,009 of 24,638
Looper - ??/10

Liked nearly every single second of this movie. Will probably buy the blu-ray when it comes out too. They don't really make enough Hollywood movies this good.
I'd probably only change one single thing about the movie, but if I was the director and decided to do it, I'd probably be fired.

Some of the themes are also found in a movie from Thailand called "Jan Dara", but that movie is tough to watch at times and it's not a sci-fi movie.

BTW you can also see Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jeff Daniels in "The Lookout" (another good one). I thought this may have been directed by the director of that.

Ok, I might give this movie a 9.25/10. With this movie you really need to think about it a little first.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #11,010 of 24,638
I think it was Cracked that wrote an article (maybe Gizmodo) that basically said to disown any of your friends that didn't like this movie. It's that good. 

I'm extremely excited to see it. As well as Sinister coming up soon.

Quote:
Looper - ??/10

Liked nearly every single second of this movie. Will probably buy the blu-ray when it comes out too. They don't really make enough Hollywood movies this good.
I'd probably only change one single thing about the movie, but if I was the director and decided to do it, I'd probably be fired.

Some of the themes are also found in a movie from Thailand called "Jan Dara", but that movie is tough to watch at times and it's not a sci-fi movie.

BTW you can also see Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jeff Daniels in "The Lookout" (another good one). I thought this may have been directed by the director of that.

Ok, I might give this movie a 9.25/10. With this movie you really need to think about it a little first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back