Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #10,981 of 24,635
The Uninhabited - 4/10

There were a few good 'Well that'd scare me' moment, but no good jumps. Mainly predictable, though the end was pretty cool. There's only 5 characters in the whole movie (well I guess 6, but the last only at the very end) and 2 of them just leave with no future explanation. Kind of a let down there. 

Overall, meh.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #10,982 of 24,635
I disagree with the premise that you can't tell if a movie is terrible after only 5 or 10 minutes. My wife talked me into watching "Sex and The City 2"  with her the other night. I lasted about 8 minutes. She shut it off at 10. LOL

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #10,983 of 24,635
Cabin in the Woods, I knew nothing about this movie.  I saw it for download errr, purchase and decided I could go for a campy horror movie to shut my brain down for a couple of hours.
I was pleasantly surprised at the plot twist.  I won't give it away, worth the watch.
Acting was so so except stoner guy... he was pretty good.
Solid 7.5/10

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #10,984 of 24,635
Quote:
I disagree with the premise that you can't tell if a movie is terrible after only 5 or 10 minutes. My wife talked me into watching "Sex and The City 2"  with her the other night. I lasted about 8 minutes. She shut it off at 10. LOL

exception is noted lol

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #10,986 of 24,635
Cabin in the Woods - 9/10

This was amazing. I laughed the entire way through and yet was totally surprised by the end. 'The boss' was pretty fantastic. I don't understand why people couldn't enjoy this movie.

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #10,987 of 24,635
Quote:
Cabin in the Woods - 9/10

This was amazing. I laughed the entire way through and yet was totally surprised by the end. 'The boss' was pretty fantastic. I don't understand why people couldn't enjoy this movie.

I really thought the first half was lame at times...the twist piqued my interest though and I enjoyed the stoner quite a lot. I was far more invested in it during the 2nd half. I did enjoy the banter between Richard Jenkins (fantastic actor) and his buddy...but the scnes with the kids in the first half really left me pretty bored. Overall I enjoyed it though. 

BTW: I'm half way through The Doors...fantastic movie so far. Going to finish it tonight. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #10,988 of 24,635
I agree.  I was really worried about the cabin in the woods after first few minutes of the movie.  Geez acting was so cheesy, but once the plot became apparent it got much better.  I just wish they would have added some more detail to what was going on.  Kinda wanted to see the sexy witches too, why couldn't they have accidently picked those?

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #10,989 of 24,635
Quote:
I agree.  I was really worried about the cabin in the woods after first few minutes of the movie.  Geez acting was so cheesy, but once the plot became apparent it got much better.  I just wish they would have added some more detail to what was going on.  Kinda wanted to see the sexy witches too, why couldn't they have accidently picked those?

"NO no no no, it's not Zombies; It's inbred redneck psycho murder family zombies. They are two completely different things" I don't know why I laughed so hard at this part.

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #10,990 of 24,635
Quote:
"NO no no no, it's not Zombies; It's inbred redneck psycho murder family zombies. They are two completely different things" I don't know why I laughed so hard at this part.

Hahah, yeah.  Nice when this type of movie can add some actual laughs without forcing them.

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #10,991 of 24,635
Prometheus 7/10. Decent movie and an OK storyline. Sound effects were awesome and so was the score and cinematography. The atmosphere (one of Ridley Scotts best features) is also very good. The last scene was totally taken out of Alien.

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #10,992 of 24,635
Admiral Yamamoto - 9.5/10 aka Isoroku

Just watched this tonight and really liked it. Definitely not an action film and could easily have been only perhaps the 2nd war movie in history to actually not show ANY war scenes on screen.
Most of it is told from the Japanese side and I actually learned a ton of new things I never knew before.

It's more dramatized than "Tora Tora Tora" but more in depth (only the Japanese side is told though mostly). It's the kind of movie where after you watch it you want to research more into WWII history.

Hopefully someone releases this inside the USA.

BTW I actually rented "Battleship" earlier today. Glad I decided to skip that one
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #10,993 of 24,635

Quote:

I really thought the first half was lame at times...the twist piqued my interest though and I enjoyed the stoner quite a lot. I was far more invested in it during the 2nd half. I did enjoy the banter between Richard Jenkins (fantastic actor) and his buddy...but the scnes with the kids in the first half really left me pretty bored. Overall I enjoyed it though. 

BTW: I'm half way through The Doors...fantastic movie so far. Going to finish it tonight. 

I thought the first part was better. But then I picked up the twist quite early on so that one never came as a surprise. I thought they give it away in the first scenes even if I don´t remember wrong?

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #10,994 of 24,635
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130358/

Children Must Laugh (1936) by Aleksander Ford.

It's an interesting documentary on the lives of polish jewish children before ww2. A great insight on life before the war and before the upcoming political regimes. Sadly, I watched a remastered version from 1960something, with parts dubbed by a pathetic english commentary, made for idiots (for example, as an image of a starving child was shown, the voice whispered "look at the starving skinny child, begging for food").

And before that, The Dark Knight Rises, of course.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #10,995 of 24,635

Users who are viewing this thread

Back