Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #10,728 of 24,647
Quote:
There Will Be Blood: 9/10
A clinical story about a man who gains it all but loses what little humanity he had left.
I feel for the guy though, he gets beat pretty hard, mentally.
EDIT: The soundtrack is fabulous. Musically very coherent and appropriate. Sort of minimalistic.
Next up: The Magnificent Seven.

One of my favorite actors and movies, just brilliant. Can't wait to see him in Lincoln.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #10,729 of 24,647
drive- 5/10

watched 3/4 of the movie then skipped through to the end
impressive gory bits but gosling's acting didnt cut it for me- most of the time expressionless or small smile

i have a bunch on denzel washington movies lined up for watching next!

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #10,730 of 24,647
Get Smart - 9.5/10

No..seriously. I like it that much, but I could really care less so much about the plot. Probably one of the funniest comedies there is made in the last 10 years. Maybe I have a poor sense of humor, but I don't care!
You know that part where Carrell is using the cone of silence and it's not actually on? It's impossible for me not to LOL at it. I must have something wrong with me. That's something I'd do!

Sometimes they go overboard with their script in trying to be funny. I mean it's like one thing right after the next and doesn't always work. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 jokes that don't work.

Since I watch this every month and it never gets old, I should buy the Blu-Ray.

LOTR: The Two Towers Extended Version - 9.5/10

I watched this twice in 2 days. First the regular version and then this. Huge improvement for me. I then bought the Extended 1st movie and it's better too except for one scene that should have been chopped.
BTW I still think the most annoying characters are the female elves. It's funny how the extended version has such poor dubbing for some characters...

Not a fan of the tree scenes at all. I don't think I could have done them better though.

Watched Von Ryan's Express again too. I really need to find some other movies with Trevor Howard. I liked him in this one. Frank Sinatra in this movie is one of my favorite characters in any movie.
I prefer this to Bridge on the River Kwai and The Great Escape. I hate the soundtrack though.

You know what...I watch too many of the same movies over and over and over...if I can watch a movie 100 times and not get sick of it, that's the sign of a good movie.
I've found some finally get worse after about 30 viewings
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #10,734 of 24,647
hmm that rating don´t work for me. I am probably to hard on crap sometimes eager to give 1/5. Not that ratings matters at all :)

Watched Salmon fishing in Yemen. I would like to give it a 1/10 because it´s not up to level with any of Hallströms previous feel movies. It certainly is a "Hallström" movie but just a bad one. The characters are to "putslustig" like we say in Sweden. I have no idea what the english synonyme would be. Wimsy, silly not taking it seriously?  I also don´t much care for such a project either and the story telling is a bit episodical and generally weak. There is a lot better feel good movies out there but okay 2,5/5 is maybe fair. Totally harmless.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #10,735 of 24,647

1935 one of the last silent films.

9 on a scale of 1-10.

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #10,737 of 24,647
The Bourne Legacy - 5.5/10

Sitting there watching it from the start and nothing really is interesting to me. Just a bunch of people talking about crap I don't care about. When Aaron (no Jason Bourne in this movie) finally gets out of Alaska (which took an eternity) it suddenly turns into a soap opera with excessive over-acting. Of course I have to stomach this mass shooting, which wasn't fun to watch and rather pointless.

All the scenes from here on out are extended for as long as possible and just basically filler material because they didn't have any better ideas.

The only amusing scene for me was when they were in a factory in Manila and he blew up their equipment and it starting smoking. Wow! Excitement..Ok, not really.

At least it gets better. There's this huge chase scene through Manila on a Motorcycle, but it's just a big mess of stuff I can't even really see. The camerawork is so awful I just wanted to fast forward it.

The studio ran out of ideas and just at random decided to throw in some lame character at the end to chase them along with the police. Served no purpose at all.
Oh and Edward Norton and all the old 80's actors were wasted in this movie. Jeremy Renner isn't much of an actor really. They should have cast maybe someone like Will Ferrell instead.

I didn't like this just due to not enough action...this movie just should not have been made.

I almost kept it at a 6/10, but that ending made it lose half a point. Worst ending in a movie i've seen in awhile.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #10,739 of 24,647
Quote:
The Bourne Legacy - 5.5/10

Sitting there watching it from the start and nothing really is interesting to me. Just a bunch of people talking about crap I don't care about. When Aaron (no Jason Bourne in this movie) finally gets out of Alaska (which took an eternity) it suddenly turns into a soap opera with excessive over-acting which wasn't fun to watch and rather pointless.

This is how I feel about the entire Bourne trilogy. Books and movies.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #10,740 of 24,647
The Magnificent Seven: 9/10

It's fun to draw parallels to the Seven Samurai, but toward the end this movie hits it's own stride.

For the record, I originally rated The Seven Samurai as 8/10, but I realized that it sinks in slowly. So, today I would place it 10/10.

Old movies are far too slow for a modern moviegoer, but I've come to appreciate their pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back