Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #10,696 of 24,647
Quote:
Quote:
Up in the Air - 8/10
Wonderful movie. A very unique and satisfying exploration of loneliness, estrangement, homelessness (not in the traditional sense), and unemployment.

Agree with that. Clooney's acting in the last few movies he's been in has been quite good. Too bad about "The American". I need to watch "Michael Clayton" again.
I guess in the wrong movie he can annoy me. Like in the Oceans 11 movies..

I didn't know this but he was the producer of "Far From Heaven" which is very good. I like the All State Guy in it. Too bad he hasn't been in many movies.

I loved "Burn Before Reading," "Up In The Air," and  "Michael Clayton." Wasn't too thrilled with "The American." "The Descendants" is another excellent George Clooney performance...

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #10,697 of 24,647
Dark knight rises- 8.5/10
great acting, ok plot, one of the better movies this year

Minority report- 8/10
good acting although some of the lines in the movie were really cheesy and special effects seem dated (compared to now), decent plot too

Battleship- 2/10
great looking trailer so i was pumped to watch it
i watched a couple minutes of it and gave up on it (i skipped to the end and was watching some old men on machine guns shooting at the aliens- are you kidding me)
brother told me the plot and made it even worse

Eyes wide shut- 8/10
some great looking scenes 
wink_face.gif
 plus decent plot/ acting made it time well spent

Aug 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #10,698 of 24,647
"The Hunger Games" [4.5/10]: Man, I was really disappointed with this one. I guess I expected too much. Take a traditional teenage slasher movie where one character at a time dies, mix in television's "Survivor" with a gladiator twist, and sprinkle in a dash of "Romeo & Juliet" teenage pathos and there you have it. Acting was wooden and the director decided to go for a PG-13 rating for a story that was clearly meant to be R-rated. At least I only spent $5.99 for the pay-per-view, and not $20 for the theater experience. My wife concurs, so it's official and I'm sticking to it!

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #10,700 of 24,647
Quote:

Minority report- 8/10
good acting although some of the lines in the movie were really cheesy and special effects seem dated (compared to now), decent plot too

I think Minority report still looks fantastic. I'm seeing it on a 42 inch 1080p plasma and the effects still look super. The whole move seems to have a special look. The lines were cheesy like they were trying too hard for one-liners like in Terminator. Still a movie I watch every couple of years by habit.

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #10,701 of 24,647
Quote:
Piranha 3D... 1/10 if it wasn´t for the boobies. However that said it´s easy watching. Maybe because of the boobies though... But the horror is 1/10. The piranhas is not scary. Sharks, snakes, octopussies or whatever why piranhas? Tired gore and so so humour. Not horrible acting or script a bit over michael bay class but not much more.

Something more pretentious next. The Artist :wink:

Piranha is really only a dark comedy when it all comes down to it. That David Hasselhoff from Bay Watch made the movie as little points as it gets! It really was bad!

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #10,702 of 24,647
Quote:
Piranha is really only a dark comedy when it all comes down to it. That David Hasselhoff from Bay Watch made the movie as little points as it gets! It really was bad!

David Hasselhoff ? Was he in the original from 1978?

It´s supposed to be some homage to some b-movies from the 80-s. But I must have missed them all.  A bit to young :)

Aug 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #10,703 of 24,647
Quote:
David Hasselhoff ? Was he in the original from 1978?

It´s supposed to be some homage to some b-movies from the 80-s. But I must have missed them all.  A bit to young :)

He is from Baywatch and Nightrider. Don't know if he was in original move or not?

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #10,704 of 24,647
Well I just didn´t understand the connection of hasselhoff or baywatch with piranha.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #10,705 of 24,647
Quote:
Well I just didn´t understand the connection of hasselhoff or baywatch with piranha.

Well me too?

So anyway here is the lowdown. It actually starts to make a little sense.
eek.gif

The movie is really so bad but maybe better if you saw the others, there maybe some parallels. This is the very first Piranha with the actor.

Hasselhoff was filmed very drunk a couple of years ago by his daughter eating a hamburger off the floor. It put him in that dark celebrity view so he now is a dark character in the movie. The joke would be to have him eating a hamburger in the movie? I'll have to see it again to look for that?

2010 saw Piranha 3D a success it seems so this new one is Piranha 3DD. There was a Corman 1978 Classic and I think one more? Piranha 3DD as both a 3D movie with 3DD size( I guess no 17year old boy could turn that down.) It's pun on bra sizes.

So Hasselhoff wanted to do some big-screen and who knows the Night-rider movie looks shelved, so when you think about it, it is really perfect.

He gets to play his old character from Baywatch who is a life-guard which he then states is the perfect role as he inverted the character into a dark character. He said this new dark Bay-Watch character was a lot of fun to play.

It all makes perfect sense as there are girls in bathing suites like Bay-Watch and he's the life-guard!!

So, I think I'll play it again. 
biggrin.gif

The daughters film made into a fake advertisement for Carls Jr! 

Things like this are kind of like Liz Taylor, in that any publicity keeps you in the public light, even if it is degrading.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #10,706 of 24,647
The Hunger games.4/10  expected much more since ive read the trilogy.poor acting from most of the actors.
The cabin in the Woods 5/10 .meh.didnt like the alien part of it and certainly didnt expect it to be that artificial at the last 15minutes of the movie.
Shame. 0/10 . disturbing movie.one of the worst ive seen.

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #10,707 of 24,647
@redcarmoose I think I am still not with you but oh well. piranha 3DD is a joke I assume. Though it wouldn´t surprise me if it was real and Hasselhoff would jump on it :)

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #10,708 of 24,647
Quote:
The Hunger games.4/10  expected much more since ive read the trilogy.poor acting from most of the actors.
The cabin in the Woods 5/10 .meh.didnt like the alien part of it and certainly didnt expect it to be that artificial at the last 15minutes of the movie.
Shame. 0/10 . disturbing movie.one of the worst ive seen.

I was surprised with all the praise Hunger Games got and Cabin in the Woods. Hunger Games was like a modern take on The Running Man with Arnold from the 80's only with less violence, more cheese, and an over use of bad CG.Cabin in the woods was ok but I really expected more... the lack of original gritty horror from Hollywood is just astonishing. Hopefully RZ doesn't screw up Lords of Salem like he did Halloween 2.

I just got Shame from NF, was it bad because it was disturbing or bad because it was just a crap movie?

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #10,710 of 24,647
Quote:
I was surprised with all the praise Hunger Games got and Cabin in the Woods. Hunger Games was like a modern take on The Running Man with Arnold from the 80's only with less violence, more cheese, and an over use of bad CG.Cabin in the woods was ok but I really expected more... the lack of original gritty horror from Hollywood is just astonishing. Hopefully RZ doesn't screw up Lords of Salem like he did Halloween 2.

I just got Shame from NF, was it bad because it was disturbing or bad because it was just a crap movie?

crap movie.the whole movie is a big masturbation scene with alot of nudity and no meaning at all.i really dont get it.the end was cheesy and unmeaningfull as well.i dont want to burn it for u,but its certainly one of the worst ive seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back