Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #9,662 of 24,667

"Drive" [8.1/10]: Not as good as I expected given comments that I had read many different places. However, it did get tense there a couple of times. I liked Albert Brooks as a bod guy. I thought that Ryan Gosling was wooden. A good Saturday night pay-per-view movie; I'm glad that I didn't spend the money to see it in the theater...

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #9,663 of 24,667

Quote:
I thought he was good in Arrested Development, back when having the hots for your cousin was still cool.

He was perfect for Juno I thought.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #9,666 of 24,667

Quote:
I hated the actor that played Scott. I can never remember his name. I loved him in Superbad, but I've hated him in absolutely everything else he's done. He ruined the character in relation to the comics.

I still enjoyed the movie and might watch it again for the fun arcadey fight scenes but god that was an awful casting call.

Hmmm I didn't mind him at all, I love all these young dorky/real human being/non supermodel actors that are suddenly popular.  Pretty much all the guys in Superbad. 

But I hated Scott Pilgrim vs the World.  I'd give it 2/10 stars probably or maybe less.  Reminded me of terrible Indie music.  It's like all they believed in or envisioned for that movie was a "hip look".  Made me angry actually.  I'd go so far as to call it souless.  Sorry if that offends you I'm just keepin it real yo

Feb 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #9,667 of 24,667
Hmmm I didn't mind him at all, I love all these young dorky/real human being/non supermodel actors that are suddenly popular.  Pretty much all the guys in Superbad. 

But I hated Scott Pilgrim vs the World.  I'd give it 2/10 stars probably or maybe less.  Reminded me of terrible Indie music.  It's like all they believed in or envisioned for that movie was a "hip look".  Made me angry actually.  I'd go so far as to call it souless.  Sorry if that offends you I'm just keepin it real yo

Well, I can see what you're getting at with regards to Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. The sort of cliche "hip" stuff is funny/cool initially, but it doesn't stand the test of time.
As far as the acting, I prefer people acting like people, provided the role works for them. If not, it can be even worse than crappy actors trying to act.
Though I still prefer good actors overall.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #9,668 of 24,667
The original was waaaaay better, IMO. Let the Right One In was a masterpiece. Couldn't believe it when I heard they were remaking it.

Quote:
See the original version - see what you think: "Let the Right One In"....also very good.  I did not see the remake.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #9,669 of 24,667
I finally got around to seeing Cowboys and Aliens recently, 8.5/10

I have to say that I enjoyed this melding of two popcorn genres. Even though I'm not a fan of Daniel Craig I thought he was well cast for the part. Great to see Ford and Carradine in fine form, extra point included for Olivia Wilde.

edit: Boo to Universal for not including the extended cut version on the Netflix Blu-ray disk.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #9,671 of 24,667
Drive! 5/10

Didn´t quite understand Ryans character. Not sure if he is supposed to be a psycopath or a likeable character.
To much music video and to little movie I felt at times as well and please don´t make a movie named Drive with such nice cars and don´t give us proper action sequences.
It was not like the extra time was used to build characters or anything either.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #9,673 of 24,667
hmmmm I watched the first 7 minutes and liked it so much I decided I wanted to watch it another night when I had more energy.  Still haven't watched it though I'll have to re-rent it.  Dam you itunes!!!!!

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #9,674 of 24,667

Quote:
hmmmm I watched the first 7 minutes and liked it so much I decided I wanted to watch it another night when I had more energy.  Still haven't watched it though I'll have to re-rent it.  Dam you itunes!!!!!

I loved the first 7 minutes as well. I thought I was going in for a treat. Then it take a total other direction then you would expect. It really has nothing to do with what happen during the first minutes... It kind of reminded me about Cohens movies. Some of their less stellar onces.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back