Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #9,646 of 24,667

Quote:
The Ides of March, 7/10.  Good story..entertaining. Lots of good talent in the cast.  Nothing to write home about beyond that.  Will be forgotten soon.  Nothing very deep or profound going on on any level.  Popcorn entertainment.

Lol, a google search still brings up Caesar's assassination before the movie. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #9,648 of 24,667

Carnage is the Roman Polanski film/comedy that goes to a darker place that Woody Allen starts to go to but never really does. 9 out of a possible 10.

Feb 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #9,650 of 24,667
Yeah, I've been looking forward to seeing that since I saw the preview months ago.  Looks like a great cast and the preview looked hilarious.  

We've got season 2 of Justified on tap for tonight.  Not a fan of much TV has to offer, but some of the cable networks do put out some good stuff and this series is addictive. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #9,651 of 24,667
Human Centipede 2 - 3/10

I watched it while doing some ID3 tagging. First one was 'better' overall. The only reason it gets a 3 is because the idea behind the second one was funny. They made a movie about how the first movie was a movie and someone is now copying said movie.

It was incredibly boring compared to the first one as well. Can't say I'm disappointed as I expected it to be horrible, though.

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #9,652 of 24,667
A Dangerous Method - 6/10, but only for Aragorn and Magneto. Can't abide Keira Knightly though.

Quote:
Yeah, I've been looking forward to seeing that since I saw the preview months ago.  Looks like a great cast and the preview looked hilarious.  

We've got season 2 of Justified on tap for tonight.  Not a fan of much TV has to offer, but some of the cable networks do put out some good stuff and this series is addictive. 

Justified is cool and season 2 elevated my estimation of it. I wish season 3 could be viewed in its entirety rather than the weekly installments.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #9,653 of 24,667
Dolls - 8/10.  All the magical elements of the 80's horror flick - humor, gore, very funny dialogs and cheesy acting.  All in all, well worth my time. They just don't make it like this anymore. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #9,655 of 24,667
Edward Scissorhands: 8/10

Decent acting, but I liked the story. Interesting theme, to say the least.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: 7/10

"Modern" special effects was the biggest reason why I even bothered watching it all the way through.
I'm not particularly interested in any of the other elements of the story, nor the characters, but at least they were there and existing, instead of languishing in pain.
I suspect this movie probably won't be understood by the older folks, unless they spent a significant amount of time playing arcade games or something.
In some cases, this is an 'avoid completely' movie or a 'watch once, forget about it, watch it again' movie.

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #9,657 of 24,667
I thought Contagion sucked ass. I guess we're all different that way
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #9,658 of 24,667
Insidious (2010) - A nice horror/thriller.  I loved the way how string instruments were used to create that scary effect in conjuntion with facial still shots - well done.  The ending had a nice touch to it.  I give it a 7/10 rating. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #9,660 of 24,667

I hated the actor that played Scott. I can never remember his name. I loved him in Superbad, but I've hated him in absolutely everything else he's done. He ruined the character in relation to the comics.

I still enjoyed the movie and might watch it again for the fun arcadey fight scenes but god that was an awful casting call.

Quote:
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: 7/10
"Modern" special effects was the biggest reason why I even bothered watching it all the way through.
I'm not particularly interested in any of the other elements of the story, nor the characters, but at least they were there and existing, instead of languishing in pain.
I suspect this movie probably won't be understood by the older folks, unless they spent a significant amount of time playing arcade games or something.
In some cases, this is an 'avoid completely' movie or a 'watch once, forget about it, watch it again' movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back