Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #7,756 of 24,655
Last movie in the theater - Adjustment Bureau.  Meh, thought it was going to be better.  5/10

Just watched 127 Hours last night.  Really enjoyed it, even if the amputation sequence had me squeamishly watching through my fingers.  8/10

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #7,758 of 24,655
Sucker Punch 6/10.... Cool visuals, fun soundtrack, but the acting did not impress me at all and the story made me feel prophetic. Good idea executed badly, i think.

Due Date 8/10... funny, but kind of formulaic. I love both of the actors but I felt like they didn't mesh as well as I had hoped. I guess I went into it expecting another "The Hangover" which is a bad way to go into any comedy.

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #7,759 of 24,655
Source Code was good, and I actually enjoyed it a little more than Moon, which so many were ahem over the moon for. The Code is a capable genre flick. Have to bag on the ending though; tack on much? It would of been even better if it ended at the more somber resolution. 6/10

Also, I rewatched The Devil's Backbone, with is such a wonderful movie. It's del Toro's predecessor companion to Pan's Labyrinth. The similiarites are marked and clear. So if you like one Spanish civil war childhood fantasy, you'll like the other. I think Backbone is better, because it's third act is more centered. 8/10

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #7,761 of 24,655
The Matrix, 9/10

Of course I've seen this before. But a trip to Target today turned up a Blu-Ray copy for $15. I wasn't willing to pay $30, but forked over $15 without hesitation.

About 12 years on, it holds up very well. Great movie and it's stunning in HD.

The use of landlines seems a little dated today, though. :)

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #7,763 of 24,655
The Warriors Way - 9/10

My sort of movie! Ridiculous fight scenes with sh** loads of blood. Great fun!!

Im gonna watch Hobo with a Shotgun tomorrow! Im well excited to see it :D

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #7,764 of 24,655
Breakdown - 10/10

I still remember when this came out. I believe I was 17 (now 31) and "The Game" (another great movie) came out the same year. I've now seen it dozens of times and I never get tired of it. It's a thriller starring Kurt Russel. They're moving to California and their car breaks down in the middle of the desert. His wife hitches a ride with a truck driver (so stupid!) and goes missing. I've found the movie to be quite realistic and could really happen. Ok, maybe except for one part. The content that's shown in the movie isn't disturbing until you think too much about it and how evil the people in the movie were. A lot of people criticized one scene in the movie and I don't understand it. This movie is on DVD, but the picture quality is not good and it really needs a blu-ray release. I find the movie to be near perfect and I wouldn't have done anything differently.

I love you Phillip Morris 9/10

I've got to admit that a few of it's scenes made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Sorry, but it's true. I hated the movie at first and then it kept getting better and better until I think I loved the movie. It's one of my favorite Jim Carrey roles. It's not strictly a comedy, but maybe a bit of two genres. I do think there was a few totally unnecessary scenes, but that's OK. I think this one would even get better on multiple viewings. I can definitely see how some people could hate this. I wonder if really any of the events in the movie are true. I'll have to look that up.

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #7,765 of 24,655

127 hours.  pretty good, very moving, great movie.  guy saws his hand off to get out of bad situation.  

Apr 7, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #7,766 of 24,655
Pi (1998)- 6/10 A very unique, original film that was very tough to get through.  I know this film was highly praised by critics but the movie didn't do much for me (I liked "The Wrestler" and "The Fighter by Aronofsky FWIW)

Apr 7, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #7,767 of 24,655

Quote:
I love you Phillip Morris 9/10

I've got to admit that a few of it's scenes made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Sorry, but it's true. I hated the movie at first and then it kept getting better and better until I think I loved the movie. It's one of my favorite Jim Carrey roles. It's not strictly a comedy, but maybe a bit of two genres. I do think there was a few totally unnecessary scenes, but that's OK. I think this one would even get better on multiple viewings. I can definitely see how some people could hate this. I wonder if really any of the events in the movie are true. I'll have to look that up.

I was worried about that.  So there are some Brokeback moments then?

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #7,769 of 24,655

Quote:

127 hours.  pretty good, very moving, great movie.  ..................................................(edited so not to spoil for more people then necessary)  

Very nice man, to write down the end of a movie
mad.gif

There are people reading this topic who maybe are going to see it yet, and your little sentence here could ruin that for them.

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #7,770 of 24,655

Quote:
The Matrix, 9/10

The use of landlines seems a little dated today, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Where I live landlines was outdated even when the Matrix was released :)

Watched Buried 10/10. Can´t be more hardcore then this. 95 minutes in a coffin.
Impressive also after Into the Void and 127h.
Thought it would make things harder since in a coffin there isn´t anything you can do to improve your situation but even more terrifying thus.

Dear John... 8/10. Balancing on a thin line being to hollywoodised sugarish but not to much in the end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back